mod idea papers please

Started by Austintrollinski, April 21, 2016, 05:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austintrollinski

i thought of this when playing papers please the idea is when other factions visit you can detain them for a few day you also detain trader and take there goods with little to no back lash for the faction that you detain them from. you can set what items are contraband so you can detain visitor and traders that have that item

Toggle

Why would there be light or no backlash from stealing all the goods of a trader? There's no government, to take the goods of and capture travelling traders would have a greatly negative effect.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Mr.Cross

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on April 21, 2016, 09:55:01 PM
- Top Secret Government Business-

There is Government in Rimworld, Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there. After all there are Colony leaders, Colony council members and other stuff. And if my eyes haven't deceived me while I was snooping through the defs there might even be spy's later on.

So in short, just because our colonies don't have a solid Government, doesn't mean the raiders/tribals/towns don't.

Back to the topic, they'd have to give some sort reason to detain them. Perhaps stealing valuable items like food? They would get a small penalty for doing so, however should it be a trader they could send a group of their people to not only collect the supplies but to grab the prisoners to be hauled back to be punished in their Settlement.
Claims to know most things.

Toggle

Quote from: Mr.Cross on April 21, 2016, 10:15:16 PM
Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on April 21, 2016, 09:55:01 PM
- Top Secret Government Business-

There is Government in Rimworld, Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there. After all there are Colony leaders, Colony council members and other stuff. And if my eyes haven't deceived me while I was snooping through the defs there might even be spy's later on.

So in short, just because our colonies don't have a solid Government, doesn't mean the raiders/tribals/towns don't.

Back to the topic, they'd have to give some sort reason to detain them. Perhaps stealing valuable items like food? They would get a small penalty for doing so, however should it be a trader they could send a group of their people to not only collect the supplies but to grab the prisoners to be hauled back to be punished in their Settlement.

Yeah, that's an interesting idea. True, they may have their own sort of government. But with us being our own separate colony and just randomly detaining them and stealing their trading goods would be pretty hostile. Papers pleased is based off carefully interviewing the people entering the country to prevent terrorists, so it can't really fit into here.

The King of Nipples

I would like to see this become a thing sounds cool

Fluffy (l2032)

There's no government. What you're seeing are backstories - the past of a pawn before they for some reason ended up on a forsaken rimworld. What happened in between, and what role they fill now, is for your imagination to fill in.

(so if you want to imagine that there is a government, that's perfectly fine too :P)

Toggle

Well actually fluffy technically, there would be, if there's any colony leaders. A government applies to small communities with any governing body.

Shinzy

Quote from: Mr.Cross on April 21, 2016, 10:15:16 PMthere might even be spy's later on.

You probably saw the 'agent revealed incident'
That was a thing in like alpha 4 or 5 or so. It just randomly picked one of your colonists and turned them enemy. It was very.. silly incident to say the least =P
/Offtopic