My strategy for taking out Raiders

Started by Moonblink, February 10, 2014, 02:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hieronymous Alloy

So what buildings will raiders blow up, and what won't/cant' they blow up? What's safe from destruction and what isn't?
My Rimworld guide on steam (updated for A16!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=813720217

Coenmcj

I know they won't openly target natural rock currently, or plant pots/hydroponics?
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

daft73

Quote from: OobleckTheGreen on February 12, 2014, 07:03:32 PM
Quote from: Moonblink on February 12, 2014, 03:05:45 PM
To help with the mental break it's important to bury the dead. Your people hate seeing dead bodies laying around, yes even dead squirrels.
I've been doing that. In that closed off room you can see in my screenshot? That's for bodies. I put charges in the center first, then load it up, then blow them all sky high to clean the room. Surprised my carpet isn't pink by now  :-\ Unfortunately, the problem seems to be the fact that there's not long enough breaks between the raids. The colonists seem to have more issue with the fact they saw someone die than they do with the bodies, and they're seeing someone die pretty damn often now  :-[

What do people think of the idea of colonists achieving veteran status...after x amount of kills colonist starts to go into warfrenzy, bonus to combat/dealing with dead bodies ect. The catch is they loose some dignity or civilities, a loss of colonist effectiveness(drop in social skills, or such).  ;)

Or another idea is to have traits that give similar bonuses from colonist creation, but I like the idea of choosing who will be 'sacrificed' to the war gods..creating lill rambos.  ???