Make Permadeath not Permadeath?

Started by Silvador, April 22, 2016, 06:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvador

Is it at all possible to change a save game from permadeath to not permadeath.

RemingtonRyder

With savegame editing, yes. Though, if you enabled it in the first place... *shrug*

cultist

I'm probably an idiot, but I haven't figured out how to start a permadeath game yet... is there a toggle somewhere? I looked all over the place (options, world gen screen, new colony screen, choose landsite screen etc.) but couldn't find anything.

b0rsuk

I think it's in the advanced options when you set up colony, next to map size.

Aqma

When you choose the land site, if you press the "advanced" button below the map (where you have the site size selection) you would have to the right of the site size a permadeath tick.
I hope it helps, I like to select it as well to feel more "realistic" hehe - I love my roguelikes :)

Negocromn

Right now it is not much different than a normal game, I hope they take away the ingame load button in the future

Silvador

Quote from: Negocromn on April 22, 2016, 08:42:20 AM
Right now it is not much different than a normal game, I hope they take away the ingame load button in the future

If you're getting a load option in a Permadeath game, it's not a permadeath game.

There are only three options in Permadeath: Options, Save and quit to Main Menu, Save and quit to OS.

Negocromn

Quote from: Silvador on April 22, 2016, 01:21:17 PM

If you're getting a load option in a Permadeath game, it's not a permadeath game.

There are only three options in Permadeath: Options, Save and quit to Main Menu, Save and quit to OS.

? what?

are you using the last version released? the load option is there

Agent00Soul

Quote from: Silvador on April 22, 2016, 01:21:17 PM

I think he meant that Tynan should remove the load button for all games.. in effect making all rimworld permadeath not a choice..

I think permadeath is great. It probably wasnt possible until now because alot of the glitchier ways to die are gone.

It really is the only way to play. Take the hits, lose favourite colonists.. try to come back from the brink of a massacre..

Its all too hard to argue against yourself not to reload when you dont feel its fair. I've been much more accepting and enjoyed the game alot more since permadeath.

But its not for everyone.

Negocromn

no, I don't want all games to not have the load colony option, I want permadeath games not to have that option

I mean, am I the only one with this option available?

I even downloaded the last version again to make sure I didn't miss an update and created a new unmodded permadeath game to test, the option is also there

Silvador

Huh... never actually noticed the load button there.

I'd say, rather than remove it, make it so that loading while in a permadeath game automatically saves the current game before loading another.

Tynan

You're right; we'll remove the load game option in Permadeath, or make it force-save before loading anything else. And/or disable loading the current game's permadeath save.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog