Animals hunting &turret aggro

Started by Ghizmo, April 22, 2016, 07:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghizmo

I was wondering if this is normal behaviour by turrets:
I've had my colonists get attacked by several wargs. None of the wargs were maddened, being hunted or looking for revenge.
They were however hunting.

Yet upon attacking my colonists (and even my drafted colonists firing at them) the turrets that were in range didn't mark them as enemies, and did not start shooting them.
Which I think is weird, cos something or someone that attacks any of the colonists should be an enemy.

cultist

Turrets don't consider animals hostile unless they have the manhunter "buff" or have already injured a colonist. So the second the warg actully lands a hit on a colonist (not sure if it counts if it misses), the turrets will attack. You can also manually order turrets to attack any target in range.

Ghizmo

Oke, then i suppose it has got to do with one of the mods I got installed that the turrets don't do what they are supposed to. Thanks.

makapse

manual targeting of turrets was removed in this alpha

Mathenaut

Quote from: makapse on April 22, 2016, 10:53:31 AM
manual targeting of turrets was removed in this alpha

Basically, your turrets are useless outside of event spawns. Certain predators will 'hunt' when hunger reaches a certain stage, and because of how the mechanics work, you pretty much just aren't going to save whoever they hit.

The worst part about this is that there are no real signs or warnings when your colonists get targeted. So you more or less have to micromanage their activity outside of the base, and be sure to kill any predators that wander too close.