White phosphorus mortar

Started by uzzi44, April 22, 2016, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uzzi44

The shell would explode in mid air and it would release white phosphorus which would cover the area beneath it and stick to everything it touches. It would burn everything it touches and could even ignite flammable things. For example you are getting raided, you use the phosphorus mortars and you hit some of the raiders, the phosphorus sticks to the raiders and the phosphorus would burn them so heavily it could even leave permanent burn marks and would even rarely burn their internal organs or burn off their limbs. Also it could even burn off their clothes. Basically a better incendiary mortar. And to balance it the mortar could only be bought from traders on a high price then installed on the ground.

I know its a stupid idea but I still wrote it down to see if people will like it.

b0rsuk

Have you tried hitting raiders with ordinary mortars ?

Alistaire

It's not that WP "burns everything it touches" or "sticks to everything it touches" but rather:

WP + Oxygen --> --[+ Water]--> Phosphoric acid

.. which would cause this strong acid to form in places containing even small amounts of moisture, such as your body.

b0rsuk

It does nothing to fix the core problem of mortars. They do practically nothing to enemies that attack you immediately. Against those that wait, sieges or ship parts, the sniper rifle is MUCH more effective.

mumblemumble

Actually,  mustard gas mortars would be awesome...
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

uzzi44

Well if you will going to be able to actually hit something with mortars then I would love to see new mortar types.

GarettZriwin

Quote from: b0rsuk on April 22, 2016, 04:17:41 PM
It does nothing to fix the core problem of mortars. They do practically nothing to enemies that attack you immediately. Against those that wait, sieges or ship parts, the sniper rifle is MUCH more effective.
Depends on size of map you play, i settle in plains at 350x350 map and can land 1-2 volleys at insta-attacks.
Only exception are Mechanoids... Seriously f**k these kill-a-cans!  >:(

Thane

Depends on size of map you play, i settle in plains at 350x350 map and can land 1-2 volleys at insta-attacks.
Only exception are Mechanoids... Seriously f**k these kill-a-cans!  >:(
[/quote]

My sentiment exactly.There's tanky and then there's the WTH tankiness of centipedes.
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.