Warning! Be on the lookout for escaped convicts! (RP playthrough) Concluded

Started by Vaporisor, April 23, 2016, 12:47:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaporisor

URGENT NOTICE TO INHABITANTS OF PLANET DABIH NASHIRA

A penal transport ship has just reported that three dangerous criminals have escaped custody.  All three are known violent offenders and if spotted, must use extreme caution.  A reward is offered for information or capture, Dead or Alive.

Malvina Kettu
Female
System Standard Age 45
Last known appearance:
Colonial Ancestry: Caucasian
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 250 lb
Dark hair Brown hair in twin ponytails

Grew up in a shelter on one of the toxic planets following the 16 system war.  Highly educated.  Was a musician to earn a living on the pre-industrial conditions.  Highly attractive, she would seduce people into a quiet area and then kill them and take anything of value.

Convicted of theft and murder.

Notable Features: Stab scar on back of left leg

Samuel Redman
Male
System Standard Age 29
Colonial Ancestry: Caucasian
Height: 6'3"
Weight 320 lb
Brown hair cut short

A highly cold and calculative man.  Mute since birth, he grew up to become one of the most renouned chefs and people would come from other systems just to dine on his meals.  Do not underestimate.  Samuel has an extremely high intelligence and used his services to subtly drug and intoxicate people in powerful positions rendering them extremely vulnerable to suggestion.  Arrested for Espionage and Terrorism

Notable Features: None

Emily Young
Female
System Standard Age 31
Colonial ancestry:  Asianic
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 120 lb

Emily 'Emmie' Young has no known history of violence, but is considered the most dangerous of the group.  Vatgrown by those in the criminal underworld, she has since before birth been raised to serve and manipulate people as an urbworld sex slave.  Probably organizer and leader for the escape.  Convicted for <Redacted>

Notable Features: Scar on lower right of abdomen after being attacked by a domesticated bear

Unconfirmed reports state that a guard was killed and the guard's Worg is unaccounted for.

((This is the introduction for a Roleplay style world I am planning.  Will be updating this as the world and story progresses from a first person journal point of view so will post as events of interest happen.  I wanted to try a more criminal play with the new social system and complexity so decided to random generate three psychopaths to run from.  Difficulty is Randy set to Rough))
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: ?

The escape went off without a hitch.  I don't know how Emmie was able to do it.  From what Mal said, Emmie started talking to the guard, and next thing she knew, the Worg took the throats out of the guards for the wing.  Killed them and didn't even wrinkle their clothing. 

Fortunately was able to wash the blood out before it set.  Good thing it was synthread, not even slightest hint of a stain.  I did some work with makeup, Emmie took up "Starlight's" lead and we walked right out passed everybody.  Went right on into the engine room, set them to blow and escaped with everybody else as the alarms went off.

Looks like we landed in a pretty ugly environment.  Ugh is it hot and humid here.  Landed near right on top of some geothermal activity didn't help either.  Judging by how damp the ground is and the size of the trees in this forest, will need shelter fast before the bugs come out.  Best be getting to work I guess.  Looks like there is an old stone structure nearby we might be able to make use of.

Huh.  that is a wierd looking creature.  Some herd of what looks like deer, but they have these buldging bald sections along their backs.  Kinda funny looking things.  Wonder what they taste like... 

Well, hopefully we can make contact with Mal's brother who runs The Criminologist's Tree.  Their faction HQ has a town set up on this planet.  Is why we chose to escape  to this dustbin.  Seems like none of us actually know how to use a gun so hopefully we can get the supplies we need.  We might be in trouble if we actually have to fend for ourselves.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 13th Winter 5500

Been here a couple days.  Going by the sun, I am guessing we landed right at the middle of winter... if you can even call it winter.  This planet is supposed to have a 120 day solar cycle so that would put today to be about the 13th.

Still no word from the Criminalists.  Work is hard and the environment is dangerous.  Day in we must always be on the lookout for snakes, and at night kept awake by the howling of monkies.  No way am I going out to kill anything unless I darn well need it.  In a bit of humor, we started calling this place Microton in honor of how the stress is weighing us down.

Fortunately, naivety saves the day, and nearly ended it.  Couple of primitive tribeswomen came strolling by.  "Kettu" as Mal likes to be called, thought we could probably put them to work and thought could "convince" them to work for us.  They didn't take kindly to that.  Even fighting two on one, they nearly knocked both of us out.  Damn I am going to be sore tonight.  Well, it is just a matter of time til they see things our way.  If not, am sure there is somebody else out there who can break them.  Only problem is we locked them in our room, so I guess we better build a new room for them before night falls.

Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 4th Spring 5500

Amazing what some shoddy construction can do for a person.  Show them a roof and a bit of food, those savages practically asked to join us.  So hard working, we can practically sit back and just enjoy the fruits of their labour.

It is like people just want to come and work for us.  After weeks of nothing much more than construction and eating, we started hearing shouts in the distance.  Some woman comes on the short range looking for anybody to help her.  Apparently the local pirate cartel is after her.  We got guns and cover, so offer assistance.  Can always use more help and pirates usually have something of use.

That is when things get wierd.  This person asking for help comes running out of the jungle completely butt naked.  Aside from the radio, not a thing to her.  Well, cannot even call it running.  I know people that can walk faster than this slowpoke.  She takes cover in the garden as we sneak out to ambush the lone pirate pursuing her and are able to incapacitate her.

Turns out Ms. Meyers is just one of them spoiled brats who thinks a bit of money can make the world go round.  At the far end of her teens, she decided wanted to run a ranch.  Looking, I don't think has done a hard day of work in her life or even knows how to carry something.  We decided to just toss her in the back room, maybe we can get some good coin for her.

The pirate, Aerin, on the other hand looks to be somebody we can use.  Eyes of a killer if I ever have seen.  Just need to figure out what makes her tick and will have somebody who will lay down the law.

Criminalists finally showed up shortly after.  Hopefully can get some better business going here soon.  Red, one of the tribespeople we "recruited" also appears to have caught the plague...

Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 20th Spring 5500

Turns out it was a good thing we took in those other folks.  Shortly after my last entry, the entire camp came down with some disease reminiscent of Malaria.   During which, Red and I seemed to have gotten some sort of mechatoid nanite invasion into our muscles, hurts like a damn....

They told me they thought for sure that Mal was going to die....  That rancher did succumb, but it was her own fault.  Kept having temper tantrums and starting fights meaning we had to treat her injuries before we could address the disease.  On top of that, we consumed the last of our med supplies and spent all our silver aquiring more.  Actually, when I think about it, the new recruits didn't really save us. 

They contracted it first and we used most of it keeping them alive and was none for us when we got sick...  Not a total loss, we could use some more kibble around here.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 1st Fall 5500

What a horrendous environment to live in.  Summer of torture.  While we have seasons, it is difficult to actually call them a season.  I hate this place.  Yes, resources are plentiful, but hostile wildlife and disease is rampant.  I would have rather landed the desert or in the freezing arctics compared to here.  The jungle, while a good source of building material also has it's drawbacks.  Tribespeople constantly using it for cover as they raid us. 

Some clearing and barriers will probably be needed to help us stay alive.  Each attack being more brazen.  I have laid out a plan for some more secure buildings.  Something solid and stone to fall back for as our newcomers hold the line for us.

To try and make allies with the locals, we have resorted to being 'nice' even.  Healing up and sending back their wounded who have tried to kill us.  Not for free though.  We did have to remove some 'damaged' organs to save their lives.  Also helps cover their medical bills.

The newcomers complained a bit, but we make sure they know whose in charge.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 1st Fall 5500

Serves us right for getting complacent.

Build a new prison out of steel and concrete.  Somebody lets slip the codes for the door and they try to escape.  Big brawl proceeds and at the end of it all, is just me left standing to patch everybody up.

Next time, I will shoot first, ask questions later.  I'm not any doctor...

Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 2nd Winter 5500

Fall was a relatively quiet month.  No significant raids or even traders.  The only thing to really stop by were a few pigs that seem quite adjusted to humans.

Looks like we are about to face a new threat.  We were excavating looking for both steels and to lay foundation for a barn for the pigs.  During the night, noises began to come from the cave we had just dug out.  Turns out this planet holds some new secrets.  Large insects located within. 

In the morning, looks like we got ourselves a bug hunt...

Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

YEAR ONE IN REVIEW

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 11th Winter 5501

It has been one year since we crashed down here.  Progress has been good.  Got shelter, got food, and most importantly, got weapons.  Got together for a party and photo at midnight in the medbay.  Seems like an odd choice, but with Mal down due to plague... again, and Cai... well she is down due to plague and some weird sleeping sickness, didn't have much of a choice...

Nobody even calls Mal by her last name, so I think is about time we make Mal her official nickname.  We still don't know Cai's name.  Just that it is Cai.  No first, no last.

We learned a fair bit in this first year.  The most important being that a sniffle is more dangerous than a raider wielding a triple rocket launcher.  Sickness has come close to killing us a few times and had killed others.  It was a wakeup call the first time to build a proper medical bay.  We need to get some research done and see if we can get some better treatment equipment or proper medical beds.

Another interesting event was when these funny rodents came in chasing us down.  We learned the hard way to be sure to lure them away from the buildings before shooting them.  Fortunately we had a few people who reacted fast and got the fire out before we lost everything.

Same thing with those strange deer accidentally.  Went hunting and discovered they make quite a big explosion when they die.  Haven't wanted to risk capturing one alive to see what makes them go boom.  However they do have some pretty nice meat and leather.  So when the rain comes, we all load up and do a bit of a hunt.  Let the rain put out the fires.

it wasn't all bad though.  The new house is coming along quite well.  Foundation is all laid and will be finishing the flooring and doing some interior decorating soon.

The others do wonder why they are not permitted in the outlying building.... I don't think they would get it.  That reminds me, we need to still get the right kidney, lung and heart from Tildema.  Always good to have a spare set of organs, just in case.

So a bit about the new members of our colony:

Aerianna 'Aerin' Nightingale

She is approximately 46 years old, standard age.  Goes to prove that sometimes the crooked path leads to the better destination.  That useless rancher died, and Aerin lived.  Becoming quite well versed in hunting and combat.  Almost seems to have a lust for it.  The sight of blood doesn't phase her in the slightest.  Is becoming Mal's apprentice and our current backup doctor. 

I hear Jerbear often talk about her being a goddess of beauty.  Probably is the only person that can tame somebody with such a red mist over her eyes.  Something off about her though.  Even just thinking something, she will just turn and glare at you like you said it right out loud.  Perhaps is one of those psychic people we hear rumors about, but if so, dang, she must be one of the most sensitive ones out there.  Even thinking something in the other room, she will come in and start talking to you about it.

Jerry "Jerbear" Welsh

Is a pretty young guy that managed to survive a raid from one of the tribes.  Says he should be about 21.  Of all the people I fear around here, it is him.  This guy is a monster.  Turns out when he was just a kid, he was abducted from his own tribe where he was trained to be a spy in hostile territories.  Unfortunately his captors didn't account for the fact that he considered them hostile.  Judging by attacks, they want him back.

Guy does have a soft side.  Really likes gardening.  Sometimes hear him singing to himself.  Also likes to talk about the ales he used to make.  Quite an intruiging fellow.  Maybe will let him build his bar.  Keep him happy so he keeps his bow pointed away from us.

Ophelia London

A different sort of character.  Not one I wanted in the colony.  She is 31 and grew up all sheltered.  Similar background to Mel in a way.  Ophelia crashed down from some escape pod during the summer.  From what we found on her, seems she was some sort of mediocre artist getting by on her 'originality'  Overall, pretty useless at the time so we locked her up hoping somebody would be willing to pay some silver for her. 

Though with the plagues and raids, the place was starting to become filthy.  Emmie decided we needed a maid, so brought her on board to help keep the place clean.  Not a bad call in the end.  Jumpy as a hungry cat, but always walking around smiling.  I just don't get it.

Red Magpie

One of the two tribes people we caught early on and helped build this place up.  Figure she is 25ish.  Not too much about her to say.  A hard worker, but a fair bit of an attitude.  Really doesn't like men.  Good thing Jerbear and I are the only ones here.  Overheard her talking to some of the gals during dinner.  Turns out here former tribe got wiped out as a kid so now just wants to kill those 'Night Whales' pirates.  Only time she talks to us guys is with Jerbear about ales.  She makes damned fine clothing though.  Guess she was a weaver back at the old tribe.

'Cai'

Glad we brought 'Cai' on board after catching her with Red.  Turns out she one of of the top hunters of her tribe.  At only 26, is one of the best shots in the colony.  Despite growing up with bows and arrows, took to the rifle like it was part of her arm.  Steadier shot than some professional snipers I have known. 

Hardest working person in the colony.  Complains about the conditions though too much.  That combined with starting fights?  She can stay in the shacks when the mansion is done.  Learn to be grateful for us putting a solid roof over her head and eating our food.

Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 2nd Spring 5501

Batten down the hatches.  Mal says is just like being back home.  Locked under a solid roof as death drifts down from the sky.  Of course The White Valley People ignore us for most of winter and attack us when we got critical work to do. 

Didn't stand much of a chance though.  While they had numbers, they were not very bright.  We just waited in our rooms and ducked out to shoot them while their backs were turned.  Barely a scratch.

That is worth a party we figured.  Even let the pigs get in on it.  Having to be locked up for who knows how long, we decided the silo room would be a good spot to store some treats for them.  Better than being in that poison cloud burying them... or we could make more kibble I guess.

Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 12nd Spring 5501

We were fortunate.  The toxic cloud seems to have passed by quick though it wasn't easy.  Constant raider attacks and more sickness pushed our capabilities to the max.  but got through relatively unscathed.

Just when we thought we were in the clear, those damned pirates came in and started setting up mortars with sniper cover.  Our only choice was to head out to meet them with three of our fighters sick.  Outnumbered, we managed to push them back and even reclaim a few sniper rifles as well.  Only cost us Cai's left arm.  Well, we would have put new ones on him anyways.  Now we just have an excuse.

New point of interest.  That partially buried structure to the south?  Apparently is emanating some sort of psychic waves.  Emmie was down there to gather some wood got some sort of strange feeling.  She doesn't give into emotions so will believe what she says for now.  Guess will have to go and inspect it soon.

Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 5th Summer 5501

These tribespeople are getting dangerous.  Half of us once again down sick with malaria and Red, one of our best fighters is bedridden with some strange sleeping sickness.

Then we heard it.  The marching chant of those savages once again.  We saw the dust before we saw them.  Due to the toxic event, the forest was still recovering from a mass die off and we could see them as they came marching into our valley.  Our saving grace is they have stopped to do whatever their pre battle rituals are.

Instead of attacking us directly, they stopped at the northwest ridge to apply makeup and do some wierd rituals.  Is giving us time to prepare.... Wait, an eclipse?  I wonder-----

Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 5th Summer 5501 continued

As I was writing before, they seemed to have just been waiting.  They must have been expecting the eclipse.  It gets dark, and then we hear the shouts coming towards us.  An explosion goes off and Mal runs by and ducks into a bedroom.  Eyes adjusting to the dark, it looked like more of them then we originally estimated.

No way we will be able to fight them outside.  We all fell back to the inner hallways, force them to bunch up and give some more cover.  Running so fast, we forget to even close the door behind us.  They swarmed in, a big mass.  We get a couple shots off and have to slam the doors shut behind us.  I found myself alone in the pasture.

We were going to die.  All I could hear was the sound of clubs banging on the wall and gunfire just on the other side of the door.  I didn't dare open it cause I know it would be dead in short order.  Escape wouldn't have been too hard. 

Where was everybody else.  Mal of course was hiding in the bedroom and I saw the new recruit, Black, running towards me and taking cover in one of the side dorms.  No sign of Black's compatriot Valkyrie.  Probably ran like a coward.  Smart gal, wish I did the same.  Only a fool dies fighting.  I have an easy out, the field door is probably not being watched with the fighting inside. 

An explosion rocks the wall I am against and suddenly I hear screaming.  A hail of gunfire begins again.  For the next hour, the sounds of shouts and gunfire stay just on the other side of my doorway followed by more blasts.  I hear voices filled with fear replace the twangs of arrows.  I open the door to see them retreating.  The hallway is scorched and the walls near falling down.

Interestingly, they do not run back out the way they came.  Instead they are running to where the rest of the colony had fortified.  As I step out, I see two running to the the entryway.  Right past a bloody and smiling Mal.  Myself and London take them out and proceed to give chase deeper into the structure.  I guess Mal made an impact.  We all meet in the intersection as the panicked tribespeople try to break down the south door.  Despite out firing, Mal just runs past us all and proceeds to lob one last grenade right into the center of the clustered group.

Not one survived.  Well, not true.  We found two survivors still alive on the floor.  Will have see what we do with them.  The pretty gal I heard was a good shot.  The guy?  Well if we send him back minus a couple organs and leg,  maybe they finally have learned.  Pigs will get good eating tonight.  Aside from a few cuts and bruises, the worst loss we took was Mal blew up our stonecutting table.

Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 3rd Fall 5501

Criminalist traders finally arrived today.  Waited all summer for them to show.  Injuries are starting to mount up.  Cai having been sniper one armed has been problematic.  Today they finally showed up so we could get her patched up.  Managed to pick her up a new bionic arm.  Cost a fair bit so better appreciate it.  With 12 confirmed kills in the year she has been here puts her at double what anybody else has done so seems like a good investment.  Though will wait until we get the new medical bed designs finished and built.   Would hate to break the new arm.

On topic of medical.  Will also be needing to keep an eye out for some eyes for Red.  Pun intended.  She is half blind from all the fights both within and outside to colony.  Not really needed, but a blind person cannot pull their weight.  Would be a shame to lose her skills with the spear.

Mad doc Mal is asking for a power claw as well.  That will make surgery interesting.  She lost a thumb so if needing bionics, wanting something suitable for her work.

Just wish those traders would have stayed out of the field.  Had to harvest the healroot early just to keep it all from being eaten and trampled.

Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 4th Fall 5501

Busy morning.

During the night, Aerin's Syster, Nightingale and her servant came by to visit as well as a person named M'ikayla with some guy that had been trying to woo her.

M'ikayla is my type of gal.

As they visited during the night, she mentioned that the Criminalists are too strict for her tastes and lacking freedom.  She brought along Lelande, some gal that has been annoying her around hoping would be bitten by some snake when she came to "visit".  I guess we could liberate her from that faction.

So early in the morning we struck.  We went to capture M'ikayla under the premise of her being a spy.  We split the forces in two, one to deal with Nightingale and her servant while the others  made sure was no trouble on the south.  Plan went better than I could have hoped for. 

Emmie got M'ikayla came along without any fuss, and Lelande was suppressed without being killed.  On the other end, Red quickly dispatched Excavar while Valkyrie, London and I were able to beat Nightingale into submission without actually killing her.  Fancy that.

Turns out that the 'Olga of Camel' tribe didn't appreciate our message so now I think everybody is against us.  Maybe will have to use the potato next time.  We will send back Lelande after patching her up, but I don't think the Criminalists will be sending by any more traders for a while.

Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes