[A13]I don't know what happened

Started by topp2000, April 23, 2016, 02:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topp2000

1.There are more than twenty days in the game.
2.Throw a large number of errors.
3.Hope to find out the reason and repair.
4.I don't know.

log:
System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.

Parameter name: source

at System.Linq.Check.SourceAndPredicate (System.Object source, System.Object predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.Where[PawnGroupMaker] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerUtility+<GenerateArrivingPawns>c__IteratorAE.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Pawn].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Pawn]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[Pawn] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_NeutralGroup.SpawnPawns (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_VisitorGroup.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.IncidentQueue.IncidentQueueTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Acruid

A VisitorGroup Incident happened, but the utility to make a group of pawns threw an error because faction.def.pawnGroupMakers is null. So it is trying to spawn a group of faction members that do not have <pawnGroupMakers> defined in the xml, or an error when loading it prevented it from being deserialized.

Look through your mods for one that has xml files in ./Defs/FactionDefs/, that will probably be the culprit.

topp2000

In addition to core, including factiondefs only GlitterTech and MoreMechanoids, but I have not enabled

Acruid

More Mechanoids does not look like it has been updated, and the a12d version is not compatible with a13.

topp2000

ison

Most likely caused by mods. One of the mods probably defines a FactionDef with null pawnGroupMakers.

milon

topp, I just saw this thread and moved it into our new Mod Bugs forum.  Are you still experiencing problems?  If so, this is the place for us to help you solve it.  :)

Haplo

This is the same error that my first version of Miscellaneous Incident created.
In there I created the normal Visitor event, but if you where unlucky the faction defined for them was the Colony faction.
This created the Null-Reference exception exactly like that. It prevented the Storyteller to do ANY incidents, as it always bugged out at this bad incident.
But.. I don't see Misc incidents in the modlist, so..

If you had Misc Incidents in your list, please redownload the newest version and start a new colony.