Should bullets be added as a new resource?

Started by daman2501, April 23, 2016, 12:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, would you guys like to see bullets as new resource?

Yes it should be added
14 (28%)
Would like to see it as a MOD
8 (16%)
I really don`t mind if its added or not
5 (10%)
No it shouldn`t be added
23 (46%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: April 30, 2016, 12:29:49 PM

daman2501

I personally think bullets should be a resource cause it dosen`t make any sense TO ME that colonists and raiders can shoot endless rounds of bullets whithout ever having to reload or running out of them. Something else that should be took into consideration is that the selection of firearms is somewhat poor so why not adding guns too; so for that reason i will take guns from mods into consideration in the ideas i will put below. Also something that is rather ovbious but i will say it is that guns have different types of AMMO CAPACITY (i really wan`t to make enfasis on this) so they could be stored as "(Caliber) bullets)" or "(caliber) mags,clips" or you could have the bullets and then you would have to fabric the mags or clips to put the bullets there and being able to RECYCLE the empty mags for the specific caliber. The caliber would bee seen in the gun INFO and it would affect the Damage of the gun.

Now to give you an idea of how bullets would work read below:
*there are different calibers and types of ammunition for the guns just like in real life for example:
-The assault rifle (M4) would use the 5,56x45mm
-the pistol and the PDW would use 9x19mm (edited)
-the survival rifle would use .22LR
-the Heavy SMG would use 45ACP (edited
-the charge rifle would 100 shots Cells
-the LMG would use 7.62x51mm
-the minigun and the Sniper rifle would use .50BMG (in different mags /edited)
-the pump shotgun would use 12 Gauge
-the incendiary launcher would use incendiary rockets
-the doomsday rocket launcher would use Dooms day rockets
-the triple rockets would use "Rockets"
As i said before they would use a "Bullet" or Bullet/Mag/clip system so colonits can use the ammo
*now for MOD guns it would be the same, the modders would have to make the, compatible whit a caliber
(IDK how it would be for the mods that include non-existent weapons such as the tactical rifle or the plasma and laser guns, maybe they would have to create a new calliber or cell)

Well that would be all, please comment what you guys think of this sistem and don`t forget to vote.

EDIT 1: I forgot to mention. A colonist whit no pants will just be able to carry 1 (excluding the one in the gun) mag only but in the other hand a colonist with pants would be able to carry out 5 mags (excluding the one in the gun) also if you put a combat vest and if you have a parka, jacket or duster you receive +5 space for mags, the amount dobles, the power armor alone adds you 20 mags slots (excluding the one in the gun) what do you guys think about that?

EDIT 2: I think this must able to be OPTIONAL in the "advanced" Menu under the name of "combat realism"
YOU`RE DA-MAN!!!

Alistaire

Honestly any part of CombatRealism being added to the base game would get my support.

mumblemumble

Really disagree with some of those calibers,  like minigun / sniper using the same round,  heavy smg using the same round as the ultralight pdw,  and the pistol using bigger rounds than a pdw despite equal damage.

Also,  the amount of micromanagement involved would be painful. Imagine running out of ammo mid mech raid,  now what?
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Mathenaut

I think there is enough trivial stuff to micromanage as-is. I understand that some people are into that, and there are mods for it, but I've yet to see the case for what this actually contributes to the game.

daman2501

Quote from: mumblemumble on April 23, 2016, 01:19:24 PM
Really disagree with some of those calibers,  like minigun / sniper using the same round,  heavy smg using the same round as the ultralight pdw,  and the pistol using bigger rounds than a pdw despite equal damage.

I did think on the SMG thing but as i saw that the tec 9 and the uzi use the same caliber i put it like that BUT we could do that the Heavy SMG use 45ACP and the PDW`s to  use the 9x19mm

YOU`RE DA-MAN!!!

daman2501

Also,  the amount of micromanagement involved would be painful. Imagine running out of ammo mid mech raid,  now what?
[/quote]

Thats actually my point, your "soldiers" must be prepared for anything, for example if your colonists have power armors or cloths on then you shouldn`t worry until the long run cause the ammount of bullets that are shot in battle are rather low because the guns are shooted in bursts.
YOU`RE DA-MAN!!!

mumblemumble

Its also other issues,  storage (even if bullets stacked to 999, would take up more space)  matching rounds to guns (shotguns and rifles but no shells or rifle rounds? Use a pistol) cost (I'm guessing ammo will be at a fraction of silver each depending on the round) Crafting (metal /soms kind of fuel, maybe a way to turn meat into gunpowder?)  and balance (getting killed by a raid by having no ammo would be hair pulling)

Not say it can't be done, but there's so much to take into account for it to not be broken
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Limdood

I would GREATLY dislike this...There are far better aspects of resource management that can be added, or new things to put in (late game options) rather than give yet ANOTHER crafting job.

IF it were added as suggested in the OP, i'd be done with this game.  If it were added as simply "bullets," I'd probably grudgingly play it out.

Silvador

I believe Tynan already considered making ammo a thing and for reasons discarded the idea. As such, I say no.

A Friend

I think the amount of micromanagement might turn quite a few people off. Or maybe I'm just a dirty casual, idk.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

daman2501

Quote from: A Friend on April 24, 2016, 02:19:03 AM
I think the amount of micromanagement might turn quite a few people off. Or maybe I'm just a dirty casual, idk.

Im personally a micromanagement Whore XD
YOU`RE DA-MAN!!!

panofduluth

I disagree with the whole post. guns are not OP. you cant fire while being melee attacked. there is a cool down timer could call that a reload. and certain guns already fire differently and amounts. call that your mag. what you are talking about is just way to in depth better left for mods. not that its a terrible idea. i feel like you would be strapped for ammo while raiders come in with ammo. you would being playing a bullet/ mag organizing plus production game and thats not what its entirely about.

daman2501

Quote from: panofduluth on April 24, 2016, 04:01:10 AM
I disagree with the whole post. guns are not OP. you cant fire while being melee attacked. there is a cool down timer could call that a reload. and certain guns already fire differently and amounts. call that your mag. what you are talking about is just way to in depth better left for mods. not that its a terrible idea. i feel like you would be strapped for ammo while raiders come in with ammo. you would being playing a bullet/ mag organizing plus production game and thats not what its entirely about.

i never stated that the guns were OP just that i din`t found sense in the way they worked and yeah thats my point but as the poll shows the oppions are very mixed, so this can be solved in 3 ways
-Not putting it at all
-Implementing it as a MOD
-Make it optional in the "Advanced" Menu
YOU`RE DA-MAN!!!

b0rsuk

Great, now I need 11+ more squares in my store room! Not to mention the effort in micromanaging pawns to carry enough ammo and manufacture it. Sounds like Factorio.

cultist

Every time you trade with a combat trader they throw in 10 years worth of ammo. They like to keep their business going. 8)

Anyway, it probably already exists as a mod, or it will eventually. Adding it to the base game is not happening, as Tynan already considered and rejected the idea. Not sure what else there is to say about it.