Succession game?

Started by Untrustedlife, February 04, 2014, 04:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Untrustedlife

So, I was struck with an interesting idea anyone want to do a succession game?

A good example of a succession game would be "Boatmurderd" in dwarf fortress.

10 days per turn.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Coenmcj

Does two days seem fair, or would you go with something a bit higher.

It really depends on the story teller however, as alot can happen in two days.

Edit: ingame days of course. Just to clarify.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Ender

I think this is a great idea! and i would certainly be happy to participate
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Coenmcj on February 07, 2014, 01:13:06 AM
Does two days seem fair, or would you go with something a bit higher.

It really depends on the story teller however, as alot can happen in two days.

Edit: ingame days of course. Just to clarify.
The problem with it only being 2 days is that it would be hard to RP it. (I'm thinking we all make records of our play through in a heavily RP'd fashion and we post it here) of course, a rim-world day is not necessarily equivalent to a planet earth day. so we could get away with it.
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Tynan

I'd do 5-10 days if I were you, but that's just my thoughts. 2 days is really short. The good DF succession games ran one year per player. That said, DF has a fuller endgame than RW so far, so it could go longer.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

RedStorm58

So...... When do we start? Can i start it first.
When you're young, everything feels like the end of the world. But it's not. It's just the beginning.

Ender

Indeed! let us start, i agree with tynan 5-10 days makes alot more sense especially sense not alot can happen in 2 days

RedStorm58

So.... Now or later? And who is going to start it?
When you're young, everything feels like the end of the world. But it's not. It's just the beginning.

Ender

Not sure how to attach a save file though, its much to large...

I'll pull the trigger, 10 days have gone by, next up i'm calling RedStorm next. PS: it is complete coincidence that Tynan is one of the first 3.
         The story so far, a good start, an alcove in the rock was found and deemed as good a place as any to begin a base.  around day two a raider was spotted on the horizon with some frag grenades on his belt. luckily he was shot down quite competently by all three colonists in short order without the raider pulling a single pin. After alot of crazy squirrels we are dangerously low on food but just got our first hydroponics table made, and the lamp operating. now its time for our next leader to make decisions i hope to Odin that he can pull us out of these dark times and bring us into the light, Light up the darkness, take back the night.

RedStorm58

I will post what happened, just finished. All i will say is; it isn't good.

Untrustedlife

It started?
And things already went bad? If we die prematurely we shall start again :P

I'll go after red-storm.

(I'll say that, I will heavily RP it, I suggest you sort of descreibe your "leader" and talk about it from his perspective. (rp style) perhaps with screen shots as-well? this is what I will do and it will result in a awesome story (if you are willing))
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

LINK

ChristianWarrior

If you compress the file it shouldn't be very large at all.
Awesome game, isn't it?

ChristianWarrior

Also, if this ever starts/is going on right now, I would love to be part of it!
Awesome game, isn't it?

Ender

well here it is guys! Red Storm your up!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

RedStorm58

Sorry guys, i am going to go after someone else. I think my computer had a heart attack and died. I sent it to a repair shop, but it will take a couple days. Damn....... Just when i was getting excited about something! I am using my phone for this post. :-(