Gestation Vats (Cloning)

Started by Vaperius, April 23, 2016, 07:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaperius

Late game research; lets you create "children" from two parents by inserting genes from X and from Y into a blank "embyro" that is a template platform to allow genes from any two parents to combine.

So essentially you research the "Gestation Vats", build it. Then you buy the "Embyro Chips" off of Exotic traders. You then take the Embyro Chips to a workbench and select two parents to create a "Child", the Embryo Chip will be implanted with the genes and a randomized pawn will ultimately be generated from their natural traits. The Gestation Vat is then impregnated by the Embryo Chip. The Gestation process will take a full year, it requires biomass to fuel it, which must be processed from ordinary food to be accepted properly into the Gestation Vat. It also requires power to make any progress.

The Gestation process will lock down into emergency mode when power is unavailable and process any stored biomass to sustain its already made progress, but make no new progress. It will resume when appropriate levels of power are available. If it is not fed biomass the organism inside will begin to be absorbed by the Gestation Vat, reverting made progress.

When its all over, you get a new pawn with "Vat Grown"(effects natural social ability negatively) and a randomly assigned memory imprint "Vat Grown X" role which can be "Vat Grown Worker", which can be controlled by installing an expensive device next to a gestation vat that costs a neurotrainer for you to encourage a specific skill set to develop.

This is for expanding your colony past the "soft and hard caps". Its an expensive and balanced way to do so.

Some might notice I cross post most of this verbatim from my mod request for it. I want to see this in the game, I don't care if its in mod form or as an official addition. I do know that there should be a late game way to expand your colony that doesn't completely rely on random chance and excluding Randy Random has what is essentially a "hard and soft" cap.

Using outlandish Glitterworld technology is essentially the idea here. On the note, I am hoping that Tynan adds more Glitterworld technology in general, perhaps at the cost of "Glitterworld Components".
I remain Vigilant.

Kegereneku

I prefer this method opposed to the natural alternative.
- it can be avoided altogether if you aren't interested.
- it doesn't require constant supervision.
- it can be made MUCH faster without looking stupid.
- it can be controlled (I know someone who really really want to control the trait).
- vat-chamber can have more usage (healing chamber, genetic therapy, brain-surgery, producing-meat)

One question is :
What happen in case of "Vat-Chamber Failure" due to Event or Vat destruction. (to the point it's worth making the chamber immune to solar-flare as a sort of crypto-sleep casket). I think we can go simply with "DEATH", but if someone got some mutant or zombie idea...

"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Vaperius

Quote from: Kegereneku on April 24, 2016, 04:32:21 AM
I prefer this method opposed to the natural alternative.
- it can be avoided altogether if you aren't interested.
- it doesn't require constant supervision.
- it can be made MUCH faster without looking stupid.
- it can be controlled (I know someone who really really want to control the trait).
- vat-chamber can have more usage (healing chamber, genetic therapy, brain-surgery, producing-meat)

One question is :
What happen in case of "Vat-Chamber Failure" due to Event or Vat destruction. (to the point it's worth making the chamber immune to solar-flare as a sort of crypto-sleep casket). I think we can go simply with "DEATH", but if someone got some mutant or zombie idea...

The Gestation Chamber would be a mutation of a Crypto-Sleep casket combing the original design with a synthetic womb to allow for it to be impregnated by the Embryo Chip. The "organism" inside that comes out when its destroyed will depend on how long its been inside, it definitely won't be anything human until its at 75 % and it will be confused and angry if its let out before its completed (Under 80 %).
I remain Vigilant.