Insect hives is it possible to stop them from spawning?

Started by yoshimtu, April 24, 2016, 02:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoshimtu

Or reduce the amount spawned. I mean I suppose smaller rooms with more in them would do something but not without getting extremely crowded.

I have an outside base but extending out would be a huge pain, so I was hoping I could extend into the mountain a little bit, but that night a insect hive spawned just digging in about 6 spaces.

So is there any way to really deal with this other than just getting dicked and hope you dont have someone on top of it Tried googling but I only really found how to deal with them when they do spawn? I do like the idea of them but it would be cool to see them maybe only spawn in undeveloped areas without flooring or walls or the such.

Robovski

Hives without a roof don't seem to spawn new hives in my experience. This isn't much help inside the mountain but helps loads when you have an infestation near the edge of the mountain roof since you can remove the roof.

yoshimtu

Hmm, it'd be neat to see the ability to take down the side of a mountain at a extra long period of time. Although it'd add a little bit of 3d element I think it'd really help the case of the insect hives

Bodog999

If you simply dont want any hives to spawn you can just change the chance of the hives spawning to 0 in the codes, and if I'm correct there is also a mod for it which does it for you.