4K Resolution... Resolution?

Started by CandleCopter, April 24, 2016, 02:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CandleCopter

My boyfriend just got a new 43" 4k TV and my rig's hooked up to it. Started up RimWorld on it and had to laugh at how tiny the font/UI was. It's literally for ants or something. I know it's not just a RimWorld problem, but anyone have any suggestions/mods for making the UI just a tiny bit bigger?

Shurp

Sit closer to it.  I'm playing on a 13" monitor and the size is just fine.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

CandleCopter

Quote from: Shurp on April 24, 2016, 02:33:52 PM
Lol. I'm like 2 feet from it. Any closer and I'll probably go blind.

Limdood

Quote from: Shurp on April 24, 2016, 02:33:52 PM

remember your complaint that anecdotal refutations (ie. well, -I'VE- never had problems with that!) of complaints are useless?  yeah...you just did that.

RazorHed

how is the red text on that 4k TV ?  I play on a 29" flat screen and for some reason red text on any game is near impossible to read. Only red , its weird

Shurp

OK, if you're sitting 2' away from a 43" screen, you're *too* close.  You can probably see the individual pixels.  Try sitting further back so it's less blurry.  I figured you were sitting on the other side of the room.

They're 2mm high on my screen.  They should be 3.3mm high on yours.  If that's too small, you may want better glasses.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Jaxxa

I think all you will be able to do is drop the resolution. Try smaller resolutions until you find one that you can read comfortably.

Coenmcj

Maybe a suggestion to the suggestion forums for an extra large and extra-extra large font/UI sizes. :)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

RazorHed

Quote from: Jaxxa on April 25, 2016, 01:01:46 AM
I think all you will be able to do is drop the resolution. Try smaller resolutions until you find one that you can read comfortably.
I can read any other color text except red on a dark background . any game with red on dark is the same

Listen1

Does unity support it?

The best I could do was resolution (like 600x800 or something like that) but my TV is a 32".