[Mod Request] per Pawn Permissions for Doors (P³^^)

Started by Severik, April 18, 2016, 05:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Severik

hello guys,

so i thought it would be pretty usefull if it was possible to forbid/enable doors only for some pawns and maybe a range of Time (Night Owles getting their room clead at 12:00 while they sleep -.-)

this wouldnt only be usefull for cleaning but also if u want Bedrooms to have 2 or more Doors without ppl using it as shortcut and so on.

maybe some1 hast the time to do something like this, i have neither Talent nor Knowledge to make a usefull mod^^

Archadeas

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18736.0
Already part of my Idea under locked doors, something I desperately want implemented and should have already been available
*Thinks back to the time I lost an entire colony to a berserk "guest"*
When this world comes to an end, I shall Remain. The void beckons, will you heed the call?

I should be updating my "Do Not Disturb" mod "soon" where pawns will auto-[un]forbid the doors to their personal quarters.  Unfortunately, it won't stop berserk guests, but it will stop the cats and dogs (actually, any pawn which respects "forbidden" doors) from wandering in while they want privacy.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Archadeas

Quote from: 1000101 on April 18, 2016, 06:42:42 PM
I should be updating my "Do Not Disturb" mod "soon" where pawns will auto-[un]forbid the doors to their personal quarters.  Unfortunately, it won't stop berserk guests, but it will stop the cats and dogs (actually, any pawn which respects "forbidden" doors) from wandering in while they want privacy.
That would be good, I want door locks to keep my armory secure, keep my colonists secured(I want them to break down the door to get at my pawns.), and keep my animals secure.
When this world comes to an end, I shall Remain. The void beckons, will you heed the call?

MisterVertigo

I've wanted something like this for prisoners. Each prisoner can have their own cell (aka room), but they can use the cell door to leave their cell and gather in a common area just for prisoners. This would allow them to socialize and get their own food from a separate stockpile. The door leading into the prison area would be forbidden to the prisoners so they could not leave.
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

The game used to have door locks and pawns had to have keys to pass through locked doors.  I used it quite a bit in my bases to prevent access to "restricted areas."  Unfortunately, the powers that be decided that "forbidden" was the same as locking doors and removed the locks and keys.

As to prisoners, in A9 there was a mod ("Prison Improvements") which allowed prisoners to pass through "cell doors" into rooms with a prison marker.  I've downloaded the source for that mod and have given thought to resurrecting it, but I haven't decided whether I have time to maintain yet-another-mod.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.