Goodnight Sweet Prince.

Started by itzrabiid, April 02, 2016, 01:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

itzrabiid

My Favorite character whose name was Ryan was an amazing shooter and doctor and was with me from the start, he survived countless raids and pretty much carried the whole colony by himself (in the way of protection at least).

On this particular raid a group of raiders ended up breaking through all my defenses and ended up starting fires as they usually do, once i got Ryan into position he ended up dealing with the threat with little help as he always does but we had the problem of fires this time. As i sent him to put out the fires to save my food storage he caught fire himself, he slowly and painfully burned to death surrounded by muffalo corpses along with my entire food storage.

Has anyone else had situations where there favorite colonists died in a not so heroic way?
Please Share!

Chicken Breast

Yea man, in my story of Sierra Onimal I have a hero named Trigger who was hit by a Pila projectile in the stomach, destroying his ability to eat. In the story, he's frozen. In the game I played with him in, he died of starvation and had a noble burial. Either way, he was an incredible colonist and he was sorely missed.

Sig by Me!

itzrabiid

Yeah, I get so attached to my people and when they die i actually feel grief. it's stupid lmao

Dante King

Um what? I've seen colonists with a destroyed stomach eat. It's just REALLY slow.

MeowRailroad

Yeah, it really doesn't affect them much. They just eat a bit slower which is fine.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Chicken Breast

Is that a new thing? I swear on the health tab when that happened it said his stomach was destroyed and his eating was 'none' or whatever. This was a game a few years ago so maybe the version was different? Either way, he died for sure, and it was from starvation because he couldn't eat. So I don't know. Doesn't matter now, the story remains the same lol

Sig by Me!

Dante King

Older version then, but rip Trigger

Vaporisor

The worst for me was when I had a main original colonist that was just fantastic.  A jogger/hard worker in a peace focused colony.  Solid for mining and growing, and a respectable hunter.

One raid, got a critical brain injury.  Was rendered comatose.  Made a lovely medical room with flowers and isolated for him.  He was maintained just by the friends around him until the day a ship was made with just one cryopod....

o7
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes