Rimworld succession colony

Started by newcadence, April 26, 2016, 11:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newcadence

The Dwarf Fortress community does succession fortresses, and I thought Rimworld should do one too. So i'm going to organize one.

If you don't know what a succession colony is, it's where one person plays on a colony for a specific amount of time (let's say, 1 year) and takes screenshots and documents the whole thing for other people to read. Then after the year is over the save file for the colony is handed to someone else who does the same thing until a common goal is reached.

Rules:

1. You have 48 hours to get through 1 year. 1 year at x3 speed is 2 hours of playtime, so I don't think this will be an issue.
2. Stick to the common goal.
3. Refrain from loading saves to bypass incidents.
4. Don't change the storyteller or difficulty.
5. No killboxes :^)

Goal:
Send 50 people into space in the same ship.

Other Details:

We'll have 5 open slots to trade the save between.

We'll probably move to stories once this is done being organized.

Discussion and a public download of the save will be on a new thread where the colony's story will be located as well.

I'd like to use five mods. Suggest more!

ED-Embrasures - Jaxxa
More Vanilla Turrets - Jaxxa
Numbers - Koisama
Vein Miner - Julia Ellie
Expanded Prosthetics And Organ Engineering - Ykara
[T] MoreFloors - Telkir
[T] MiscStuff - Telkir

Our storyteller will most likely be Cassandra or Randy depending on how the cap on colonists work when they're in cryptosleep. For our difficulty, I'm leaning towards rough or challenge.

something776

I'd be up for doing this. Sounds like a fun idea!

Edit; might I also suggest a couple of other smaller mods like the rimsenal hair pack, and a couple of others that just sit of act as quality of play sort of mods. Up to you but maybe that would be cool. Just a thought.

Vaporisor

Well, i would be potentially interested in this.  Would it be emailing back and forth, or can the save file be put up here as an attachment?  I actually do not know where, and could not find the save data ^.^
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

newcadence

Quote from: Vaporisor on April 27, 2016, 12:30:59 PM
Well, i would be potentially interested in this.  Would it be emailing back and forth, or can the save file be put up here as an attachment?  I actually do not know where, and could not find the save data ^.^

I've scratched our discord idea, discussion/questions will be on our new thread and the download link will be public there. This is only a thread to arrange the playthrough.