Recommend others doing a 'journal' Playthrough

Started by Vaporisor, April 24, 2016, 09:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaporisor

I have done many colonies and also played a multiple of builder/simulator games.  My psychopath playthrough so far has been quite fun and also stays fresh longer with the jounal I have been writing for it.  Anybody else ever do that?

If you are a roleplay style person like myself, I recommend giving it a try.  For mine I am keeping it to the perspective of one person unless he dies but it really has been fun so far.  I would love to read  if other people do a 'let's play' journal.  Is the fun of a lets play, but more from a character's perspective and personality instead of just being removed from the play.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Dspendragon

I was thinking about doing that with a clone of a Hero that one of my colony's had.
This is Rimworld people, Where cannibals ware pink helmets and nudest decide to go outside when its -59F, And where shit happens. Its anything but fare or balanced, Lady Luck rolls a 1000-sided dice and 80% of that dice says"Death"on it. Your job is keeping your people alive in bad rolls. Good Luck.

Alitaria

Im currently working on a collection of short stories that I write whenever a colonist dies.
So far I have completed 2 and working on a 3rd.
I basically write a short story based on either their life, or their last moments. The first one I did set the scene for a few other colonists and the second was a more Journal entry style.
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public

Vaporisor

That sounds quite interesting.  I was sort of thinking that as well originally, writing the story as the game progresses, but went with the journal version so people can read bits at a time ^.^  Might need to google doc a short story though.  Keep a tab for every colonist, and when something happens, just write in it!
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

tylers2001

There is a difference between me and you. I'm the one still standing.