[A13] Skullywags Event mods - Meteorites, RazorRain

Started by skullywag, April 25, 2016, 03:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Skullywags Event Mods

Here are some mods that add/change incidents:

Click the images to download from my github.

Adds meteorites containing most resources in the game and all stone types that fall randomly and can be mined, also adds a large meteor shower event that can be VERY bad.

Adds a bad event where tonnes of metal falls from the sky from ship parts burning up in the atmosphere, creates small explosions where it lands, has a chance to drop some steel (this can be a tad annoying so they are forbidden when dropped to avoid colonists auto grabbing em).

Alternate Opening
Creates an alternate start to rimworld, well alternate in that the pods crash, you are bruised and battered on landing, the pods smoke and spark and can be scavenged for some scrap metal. Ill add more to this as I go, this is a first release.

License - You may do whatever you want with the code in my mods as long as you dont use it to make money in any way shape or form. This includes taking donations. Modpack owners I require a PM to request inclusion. Art within my mods may not be used without consent, some of the art was not done by me so PM me first.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

Moved alternate opening from my misc mods to here.

BaconBits

These look and sound great! I love you Mods! Keep up the fantastic work!

Wild Card

Would you ever considering gathering all your mods in a single place ?
I play with most of them and i am sure a lot of ppl do to, it might be easier to keep track on updates and stufff

Luroshard

OH YASSS

Mods that add events are my favorite, thank you Skullywags! ` u '

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Wild Card on April 25, 2016, 04:15:52 PM
Would you ever considering gathering all your mods in a single place ?
I play with most of them and i am sure a lot of ppl do to, it might be easier to keep track on updates and stufff
maybe a list of links on a github page since you don't want to dominate the forum (as you've posted elsewhere) ?  I too have despaired at keeping up to date on your fine work sir.

Voron

Does the Razor Rain also have a chance of dropping Components? as ship parts do drop that you could disassemble for Components

skullywag

it doesnt currently, its a straight update of my old mod.

Shinzy

Skully, I..  I only see meteors. Where are the meteorbears?

skullywag

something776

Would you ever consider doing something like a Sandstorm?  For deserts?  Like a rain storm but... Sandier.

Korn.Mil

You sir are fucking amazing! We willing to see more events in future

Jackaldude2

I'm not sure if there's already a mod for it, but I'd like to see a more extreme-ized events mod.

Solar Flares cause batteries to completely lose all charge, anything that requires electricity becomes slightly damaged, and anything that generates power becomes more mildly damaged.

Harder rain causes damage to outdoor crops and sun lamps, and causes any colonists/pets to feel uncomfortable.

I'd also like to see a change in the event that causes the batteries to discharge completely causing fires.
  I've been around electronics my whole life since my dad is constantly fiddling around with the stuff. In real life, when power discharges like that there are no "random" points of damage. Either the direct connection to the power source overheats(poof, white smoke), or the very first few or closest component(s) overheats(poof, white smoke, or POP, fizzle, white smoke). Usually the power source also suffers in this event if it's a limited source(battery, capacitor, etc.).
It would be cool to balance that change with allowing any batteries to explode in that event that are the "cause". tl;dr, I'd very much like more realistic [...zzt]'s.

I also think that more extreme heatwaves(~400ishF) and cold snaps(~-400ish) would be interesting, since I usually play in temperate enviro's.

something776's suggestion for desert sandstorms would be cool too, anything alive should be taking damage if they're outside, and lightning could be a thing. A more extremized version could do damage to exterior walls, and anything outside, and cause solar-flare-like effects to any electronics outdoors, as well as increased damage to living things and the chance to disfigure the faces of my vict-*cough* colonists.

These are just suggestions, I'm not sure how possible or difficult it would be to mod these up since I'm not a modder.

dareddevil7

Quote from: Jackaldude2 on May 01, 2016, 05:00:02 PM
I'm not sure if there's already a mod for it, but I'd like to see a more extreme-ized events mod.

Solar Flares cause batteries to completely lose all charge, anything that requires electricity becomes slightly damaged, and anything that generates power becomes more mildly damaged.

Harder rain causes damage to outdoor crops and sun lamps, and causes any colonists/pets to feel uncomfortable.

I'd also like to see a change in the event that causes the batteries to discharge completely causing fires.
  I've been around electronics my whole life since my dad is constantly fiddling around with the stuff. In real life, when power discharges like that there are no "random" points of damage. Either the direct connection to the power source overheats(poof, white smoke), or the very first few or closest component(s) overheats(poof, white smoke, or POP, fizzle, white smoke). Usually the power source also suffers in this event if it's a limited source(battery, capacitor, etc.).
It would be cool to balance that change with allowing any batteries to explode in that event that are the "cause". tl;dr, I'd very much like more realistic [...zzt]'s.

I also think that more extreme heatwaves(~400ishF) and cold snaps(~-400ish) would be interesting, since I usually play in temperate enviro's.

something776's suggestion for desert sandstorms would be cool too, anything alive should be taking damage if they're outside, and lightning could be a thing. A more extremized version could do damage to exterior walls, and anything outside, and cause solar-flare-like effects to any electronics outdoors, as well as increased damage to living things and the chance to disfigure the faces of my vict-*cough* colonists.

These are just suggestions, I'm not sure how possible or difficult it would be to mod these up since I'm not a modder.
No, -400 f is about 90 degrees higher than absolute zero, 400 f would kill everything with no chance of survival

Jackaldude2

Okay then what would be the minimum for "extreme"?