[A10] Project Armory (v.3.00)

Started by Evul, February 05, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

It's a secondary explotion capable of damaging pawns near by :)

rditto48801

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 01, 2015, 02:33:35 PMMedia likes to portray them that way for dramatic effect but it is about as real as cars exploding from gunfire.

So the two old clips of BLU-96 footage I saw are likely in slow motion, despite no mention of it in the description, even though one had the sound of a properly timed explosion? If so, major bummer. Still epic, but major bummer.

I will agree the exploding car thing is overdone and overrated... Saw an epic video of the demonstration of the firepower of an M2 Browning. Awesome when they blew out the backside of a cinderblock wall with a few hundred rounds. Less epic with the next target being a car, when a round low to the driver side door caused the car to explode in a fireball...
Some people need to stop overdoing it with the whole 'made of explodium' trope.
*glances at RimWorld*
um... no further comment.

Quote from: Evul on April 04, 2015, 09:23:08 AM
This makes me think of a how it would be nifty to have something like a rocket/missile/cannon/grenade/RPG round/warhead with sub-caliber shaped charge wrapped in effective claymore mines...  :o
Or making a gun that shoots swords that explode on impact, with said explosion releasing several more swords that also explode on impact, with said secondary explosions further ruining the the day of anyone standing to close to the first explosion... (the things people put into video games these days...)
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

mrofa

Quote from: rditto48801 on April 04, 2015, 06:44:16 PM
This makes me think of a how it would be nifty to have something like a rocket/missile/cannon/grenade/RPG round/warhead with sub-caliber shaped charge wrapped in effective claymore mines...  :o
Or making a gun that shoots swords that explode on impact, with said explosion releasing several more swords that also explode on impact, with said secondary explosions further ruining the the day of anyone standing to close to the first explosion... (the things people put into video games these days...)

This stuff can be done, problem are raiders since its require alot o work to make it work on them :p
All i do is clutter all around.

rditto48801

Quote from: mrofa on April 05, 2015, 07:13:44 AM
Quote from: rditto48801 on April 04, 2015, 06:44:16 PM

This stuff can be done, problem are raiders since its require alot o work to make it work on them :p

What...
The Borderlands 2 "SWORDSPLOSION!!!" weapon would be feasible in RimWorld?
Or grenades that explode into multiple smaller grenades that explode into yet more smaller grenades?
Or an RPG that causes an effect akin to an Acme brand Anvil (or de-orbiting flaming Muffalo) falling on the enemy from above? (variant of a tale of a GM in an RPG game dropping a flaming cow from space onto an overpowered character...)
Or an anti-material rifle packing an armor piercing round that carries a 1 microgram anti-matter charge? (which I think equals the energy release of like 82 pounds of TNT...). ;D
Probably make even a Mechanoid Centipede vanish (in a cloud of smoke and debris, because I can imagine good armor is a bad thing with internal explosions... like Mythbusters making a cement truck dissappear with lots of explosives).
Or up it to 1 milligram. (next best thing to dropping a few MOABs on the target...)
Kind of scary, actually, a grenade launcher capable of deploying sub-tactical nuclear warheads...

(Sleep deprivation, hoooo!)
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

mrofa

Yes all this things can be done, including de-orbiting flaming muffalo :p
Thats said some of them require alot of work so not every one can commit to them.
All i do is clutter all around.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: rditto48801 on April 05, 2015, 07:50:27 AM
What...
The Borderlands 2 "SWORDSPLOSION!!!" weapon would be feasible in RimWorld?
Or grenades that explode into multiple smaller grenades that explode into yet more smaller grenades?

The fragmentation algorithm I wrote for my mod supports any kind of projectiles for fragments, including fragmenting ones. You could take the grenade and simply change fragProjectile to a projectile that fragments too. Or go recursive and point it to the grenade itself, creating a projectile that will explode, respawn, fly to a random location and explode again for all eternity. Hell, its not even difficult to code such a thing from scratch, the question is more along the lines of "why would you want to?" and "what would this do to FPS?"
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Evul

Added a little progress bar :)
Cause i am doing the last thigns to the mod now :)

Evul

Evul

Evul

I was adding a bunch of bullets today and i'm not done...

[attachment deleted due to age]

Evul

You don't say ^^
But this is mostly a error built from my part. Cause all our bullets are in a separate file now. And the weapons that uses the wrong caliber name get a error. :)

But stuff is comming togeter.

StarBlazer

Boy you are killing me as I wait for the Alpha 9 version. BUT MY PATIENCE SHALL HOLD...barely. <3

dustysniper

HE refers to the type of explosive used. HE explosives shockwave travel faster than the explosion and typically kill more with the concussion rather than the explosion or fragmentation. LE the explosion travels faster than the shockwave. LE explosions look cooler but are far less lethal and are used in movies for the wow. Fragmentation refers to the type of grenade For eample stun, sting, concussion. Fragmentation is the actual pieces of casing that holds the explosive that cause damage while shrapnel is intentionally inserted metals such as ball bearings. HE and fragmentation  are classifications for explosives and grenades respectively. They are not the same thing and sorry for the short sentences makes it sound kinda rude I did this on my phone.

JonoRig

A whole alpha without pa  :'( I do not think that has happened since pre-alpha and alpha one :o