[A10] Project Armory (v.3.00)

Started by Evul, February 05, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

Depends on how the code for Alpha 11 looks like have no eta yet.

Kolljak

i am... having the weirdest of bugs... i have litteraly removed Warhammer 40k weapons and yet... their still apearing with art ingame. idk whats going on.. even tried using the built in exchanger first nothing.

i dont want the exploding op bolters.

Kolljak

figured it out ithink just now... it was Combat Realism with its own individual files for it. the Project armoury was reading the bolters from that mods stuff even after being disabled.

TheVoidDragon

Is that screenshot of the tables with all the weapons on them actually possible to do in-game?

Lady Wolf

it's also worth noting, if you create a new world with this mod and all weapons enabled, and then turn some of those weapons off, that world may no longer load for you to start a new colony on until you turn the weapons back on that were on when you generated the world.

Why is this you ask?

Because when generating the world it randomly assigns a person a set of armor and a weapon, if the weapon it assigns is in the mod list and then you turn it off it will no longer be able to find the weapon it assigned the person when you select the world and promptly freeze up.

In short, to prevent having to edit your wold files in notepad or whatever make sure to turn off armory when making new worlds.

To fix a current world that already has a armory weapon assigned to the file do the following:

Back up the world file just in case, (located on Windows 7 64 bit OS at: "C:\Users\"computer name here"\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Worlds" ) and then open the original using notepad/win32 pad (or an equivalent program)

Hit crtl +f to pull up the search box and look for the following line of code:

<primary>

It's listed a few times, and directly below this you'll find the listing for the weapon, for example:

<def>Gun_HeshDrumPatternBolterC_PA</def>
<id>Gun_HeshDrumPatternBolterC_PA12</id>

Simply replace the code lines with the following:

[tr]
[td]<def>MeleeWeapon_Shiv</def>
<id>MeleeWeapon_Shiv10</id>[/td]

do this for each weapon listed that's part of the armory mod that you want turned off.

Afterwards save the file and exit, the map will load and play normally now no matter what weapons you turn on or off.

I hope this helps anyone running into this issue.  8)

Dark_Lemon

Seem to be missing all the mod textures ever since installing alpha 11- just wanted to check if this was me messing up latest install or if everyone else has this?

Evul

Probably a Alpha 10to11 issue.
We will provobly fix this in the couple of weeks :)
Will be playing airsoft now the upcoming week so won't be avaliable.

Dark_Lemon

Thanks for quick reply! I'll look forward to the update! Enjoy Airsoft!

falcongrey

It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

W1Z25

any ETA on when this will be updated?

Evul

Not yet, probably in a month or so :)

The13thRonin

I created the art for a K98 bolt action rifle. Ya'll are welcome to use it in this mod.

Game size:

x5 size (the scale up caused a slight blurring):

The detail on the rifle is standard but I feel like the mount for the sling and the bolt give it a kind of unique aesthetic.

Demonlord091

I used to love using this mod in the earlier versions of Rimworld, made things much more interesting.

I certainly hope this can be updated for Alpha 11 before the game hits Alpha 12 and Evul has to start all over.

Keep up the good work.

Evul

Making a quick check on the if things are in order with the mod. Will make a A11 release after that :)

The13thRonin

Quote from: Evul on August 13, 2015, 10:28:17 AM
Making a quick check on the if things are in order with the mod. Will make a A11 release after that :)

Any plans to add my K98 texture?

I wanna go old-school on them bandits :P.