[A10] Project Armory (v.3.00)

Started by Evul, February 05, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolljak

Bug with long bow... it cannot be equiped.
[retyped do to be being an idiot]

Plymouth

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 27, 2015, 01:52:14 PM
As I've been working on integrating the new version into CR I've noticed some oddities with burst size: the Sj�rgen shotgun and Mossberg 500 (misspelled as Mosbearg500 btw) are semi-auto and pump-action respectively, yet they fire 3 and 4 shot bursts. The Sj�rgen rifle and Triplex Pattern Lasgun are classified as rifles yet they also fire bursts. Out of curiosity, what metric did you determine burst size by?

Triplex Pattern lasgun is a rare and advanced pattern of lasgun, so not an assault rifle nor a rifle particularly, it can fire 3 consecutive beams per volley, after which it must undergo a brief time of cooldown. About Sjorgen and Mossberg's bursts shots, I am inclined to believe they are there to simulate consecutive semi-auto shots as well.

Kolljak

My i also make a sugestion can you give Kalishnakov a high item hp as in real life the kalishnakov [ak47] has some obserd durability such as being buried in dirt for 5 years dug up and could still fire good as new and surviving exposure to rainfall. some where found with their buttstocks rotted away 10+ years old and still fired. they are litteraly the most durable gun in the world with a 30x lifespan then other weapons in the world. :D also why its popular among terrorist groups and rebels.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Plymouth on April 27, 2015, 08:22:58 PM
About Sjorgen and Mossberg's bursts shots, I am inclined to believe they are there to simulate consecutive semi-auto shots as well.

I could kinda see that for the Sjorgen but the Mossberg is pump-action, it takes several seconds to operate it. I'll be correcting it in my patch but I fought I'd point it out because it just seems very odd.

Edit: Just noticed Bullet_BRXA1_R_PA is defined twice in PA_BulletDef_Modern.xml, once with 7 damage, 90 speed and once with 5 damage 35 speed.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Plymouth

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 28, 2015, 04:26:33 AM
Quote from: Plymouth on April 27, 2015, 08:22:58 PM
About Sjorgen and Mossberg's bursts shots, I am inclined to believe they are there to simulate consecutive semi-auto shots as well.

I could kinda see that for the Sjorgen but the Mossberg is pump-action, it takes several seconds to operate it. I'll be correcting it in my patch but I fought I'd point it out because it just seems very odd.

Edit: Just noticed Bullet_BRXA1_R_PA is defined twice in PA_BulletDef_Modern.xml, once with 7 damage, 90 speed and once with 5 damage 35 speed.

because there are two BRX-A's, although not two BRX-A1's, but 1 BRX-A1 and 1 BRX-A2. Probably a mistake. An yes, about mossberg, you are right. Pump action is slow enough not to be a burst shot.

Peaches

I try using the weapon pack switcher, I go into it, click the weapon pack that I do and do not want. I did not see some sort of enter or change button, so I just exited out of the weapon pack changer. None of the changes were kept. Could someone please help me and give me a detailed way of using the weapon pack changer or tell me what I did wrong?
Thanks

thefinn

M14A1 has a weapon range of 319 instead of 31.9 hehe.

thefinn

Quote from: Peaches on May 01, 2015, 06:13:25 PM
I try using the weapon pack switcher, I go into it, click the weapon pack that I do and do not want. I did not see some sort of enter or change button, so I just exited out of the weapon pack changer. None of the changes were kept. Could someone please help me and give me a detailed way of using the weapon pack changer or tell me what I did wrong?
Thanks

Wait, there's a weapon pack changer ?

thefinn

Started playing with the weapon switcher, perhaps you need a new map?

I will be checking and reply when I know.

Evul

Thanks

The kit switcher just changes the file end from .xml to .xml.deAct making the file unreadable by the game. You could get the same result by just go in to "...\RimWorld785Win\Mods\ProjectArmory300\Defs\ThingDefs" and simply remove the file manually. :)

And we have some issues with the switcher not working properly. The problem is that i don't have the knowledge to actually remake it and need a awesome programmer that actually can redesign and make it multi platform compatible.

Quote from: thefinn on May 01, 2015, 08:53:17 PM

Yes see picture :)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Evul

Following bugs added to our task list:
#652 Bullet_BRXA1_R_PA is defined twise   
#651 Long bow it cannot be equipped.   
#650 Sjörgen shotgun miss spelled   

Dr.Devius

Request: Degtyarov PTRD Anti-Tank Rifle

Peaches

Quote from: Evul on May 02, 2015, 02:24:24 PM
Thanks

The kit switcher just changes the file end from .xml to .xml.deAct making the file unreadable by the game. You could get the same result by just go in to "...\RimWorld785Win\Mods\ProjectArmory300\Defs\ThingDefs" and simply remove the file manually. :)

And we have some issues with the switcher not working properly. The problem is that i don't have the knowledge to actually remake it and need a awesome programmer that actually can redesign and make it multi platform compatible.

So is there a way for me to change the weapons available in the game? If so can i have instructions on how?

Evul

The Weapons Kit Switcher tool is located in the mod directory were you installed the mod (.../Mods/ProjectArmory/Weapons Kit Switcher.exe). The tool allows you to activate and deactivate groups or single weapons so you don't have to use all of them if you don't want. Just click the box in front of the weapon and the weapon is deactivated.

thefinn

Quote from: Evul on May 02, 2015, 02:24:24 PM

Yeah that there is an awesome idea, especially with those wh40k weapons. I was like "omg what did they do here?" thinking you guys had just lost the plot with all these exploding weapons suddenly. I should've had more faith ;)