[A10] Project Armory (v.3.00)

Started by Evul, February 05, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

Description:
Project Armory has around 200 firearms, launchers, grenades, melee and throwable weapons. We make content from every, time period, game and movie with the vanilla RimWorld graphics and sounds. The project is semi-open and all content in the mod are allowed to be used as you see fit we only ask the user to link us so other can find other weapons. Therefore we have created a tool so you easily can turn on and off weapons you don't like or don't want to have in your game. We also provide guides on how you export weapons into your own mod as well as to make a properly balanced weapon yourself, using various formulas for calculating damage, range, bullet speed, burst shot count, etc. Click here for a for a searchable list of stats and weapons. (The list is maintained by: Daryoon)

(Click for larger picture)

Mod Team:
Evul (Lead Developer)
Plymouth (Lead Art designer & Developer)
StalkerCZ (Programmer and Art designer)
bartekkru100 (Art designer)
dbltap441 (Programmer and Art designer)
elStrages (Programmer and Art designer)

Former Members:
Felime (Former Programmer)
Hexxagon (Former Programmer)
Bog (Former Programmer and Art designer)
Cala13er (Former Programmer)
Architect (Former Programmer)
generalcrusher (Former Programmer and Art designer)
Entityofsin (Former PR)
apljee (Former Programmer)

Contributors:
Austupaio (Contributed with: Bolter and new Bolt Pistol Texture)
Daryoon (Contributed with: Google document weapon table. [Version; 2.05])
minami26 (Contributed with: The weapon table illustration wallpaper. [Version; 2.05, 2.11])
mrofa (Contributed with: The Extended_Bullet Assemblie [Version; 2.14 >])
Viperlol (Contributed with: Textures for weapons)

Download:

Addons/Packs/Fan Content:

Not yet implemented.

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.
- Restart Rimworld.

Screenshots:
(Click for larger picture)

You can find more pictures at ModDB

Bug and feedback tracker:

User License:
All weapons texture and code may be altered to the users liking to fit the world the user wants to create. You may add or remove weapons of your downloaded Project Armory Pack to furthermore customize your world. You are also allowed to publish Project Armory weapons in your own modpack or mod. The only thing we ask for is that you link to our forum page so people that like the weapons can download more of them. You are not allowed to set price for this mod's content.

Project Armory by Project Armory Development Team is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at Ludeon.

FAQ:

Mod related questions

Q: How is weapon range calculated in this mod?
A: Click this link to go to the related post.

Use of content related questions

Q: May i use a weapon or all the weapons in my mod?
A: Yes, its why this mod exist. All we ask is that you add a credit to Project Armory and link this forum page. So people can get more guns if they liked them! Se User Licence just above for more information.

You can also use this picture and link when you have integrated weapons from Project Armory:

[url=http://goo.gl/umqj5H][img]http://dev.evul.nu/rimworld/ProjectArmory/gfx/banner/ShareIcon01.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://goo.gl/umqj5H][img]http://dev.evul.nu/rimworld/ProjectArmory/gfx/banner/ShareIcon02.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://goo.gl/umqj5H][img]http://dev.evul.nu/rimworld/ProjectArmory/gfx/banner/ShareIcon03.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://goo.gl/umqj5H][img]http://dev.evul.nu/rimworld/ProjectArmory/gfx/banner/ShareIcon04.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://goo.gl/umqj5H][img]http://dev.evul.nu/rimworld/ProjectArmory/gfx/banner/ShareIcon05.png[/img][/url]

Q: May i do a submod/modmod or texture pack?
A: Yes just add a credit and send Evul a PM so he can add your mod to the forum posts "Addons/Packs/Fan Content" section!

Q: How do i export a weapon?
A: To export a weapon you need to go to "...ProjectArmory\Defs\ThingDefs\" and copy the weapons and the bulletDef file you like to use. Then you paste it to your mod "...\YourMod\Defs\ThingDefs\". Next you need to go to "\Textures\Things\Item\" copy the weapons you selected. And paste them to your mod whit this pathway: "...\YourMod\Textures\Things\Item\". Make sure you copy the projectile if a custom one is use. You have now exported a weapon to your mod!
If you are publishing the mod make sure to add a link to Project Armory. Se the question; "May i use a weapon or all the weapons in my mod?".

Contributor related questions

Q: May i request a gun?
A: Yes you may. Replay to this topic with the name and link/picture of the weapon or armor. Or click here to request new content. You only need to type topic and description..

Q: Can i help?
A: Yes you may! Go to our requirement page to find out more.

Q: I made a gun can you add it to your mod?
A: Yes we can, as long as it have similar graphics and sounds to vanilla RimWorld. Send Evul a PM. or upload it directly to a task at mantis and make a note.

Other questions:
Q: What is the name of the mascot and what weapons is he carrying?
A: The mascots name is Wheatles and have been around since the start of the mod project. The First version of Wheatles was published when the mod was released back in Q2 2014 he was then carrying a FN Fal and a L85A and a RPG-7 at the hes back. The 2015 version published 2015-01-13 carries a L85, AK47, H&K MP5K, Spas-12 and a Accuracy International AWM. The mascot have always had a name, but it the name was not published until the release of the 2015 version.

Misc:

Donate:
If you want to support the project and help Evul pay for the server the project uses. You can! Click the link below to donate. Everything is used to pay the for the CloudForge server! If donations is large enough we can also migrate the entire project to its own homepage.

Forum Banner:
Do you want to support or show that you are a part of the project? Here is a forum banner you can use! The banner is auto updated when new version or special events happening.

[url=http://goo.gl/umqj5H][img]http://goo.gl/nzPC1d[/img][/url]

Cala13er

Hello Evul,
               Loving the textures and idea/project. Just wanted to ask, is this a request for a mod which you're providing textures for or are you going to be making this yourself. Would like to know as I would be interested into modding these into the game if it is possible in Alpha 2 :)

AcDie

btw, we have 1 moar weapon pack.. i'm start test it with old version, looks nice ;D

Evul

Quote from: Cala13er on February 05, 2014, 04:20:57 PM
Hello Evul,
               Loving the textures and idea/project. Just wanted to ask, is this a request for a mod which you're providing textures for or are you going to be making this yourself. Would like to know as I would be interested into modding these into the game if it is possible in Alpha 2 :)

I was planing on modding them in to the game as soon alpha 2 comes out. :) Thats why i added the label [Project] in front of the topic name.  :) Feel free to help out :)

knight133

hello Evul, can i ask you to mod this very cool gun, the Attached image is a lebel model 1886 rifle and its very good gun once used by the french foreign legion.
and I'm sure people would like to to see this rifle in action like me

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Evul

Something like this i assume :)

EDIT: Updated it.

EDIT2: Values:
Name Lebel Model 1886
Class Rifle
Damage 18
Range 36
Accuracy 9
Mode single
Burst Speed -
Handling -
Warmup/Cooldown 195/0
Buy 750 $
Sell ? $
Aim time (sec.) 6,2
DPS 2,9

knight133

please add some flintlocks too because what I'm making is a custom scenario for alpha 1 or 2 and, the map is defense, my favorite old fort "The Alamo" and mixing the raiders with flintlocks and defenders with lebel rifles and revolvers too.
I have high hopes for you to make this mod very cool and oh if anyone here has any suggestions for my Alamo map please let me know.

Cala13er

Quote from: Evul on February 05, 2014, 05:11:04 PM
Hello Evul,

I was planing on modding them in to the game as soon alpha 2 comes out. :) Thats why i added the label [Project] in front of the topic name.  :) Feel free to help out :)

Would Love to help out, if help is needed of course.
Also, Could you possibly make these guns for us.
G36C
CM901
ACR6.8
And no I'm not a fan of modern warfare 3, I've known these guns way before that awful game.

Evul

Quote from: Cala13er on February 06, 2014, 01:20:11 AM
Quote from: Evul on February 05, 2014, 05:11:04 PM
Hello Evul,

Would Love to help out, if help is needed of course.
Also, Could you possibly make these guns for us.
G36C
CM901
ACR6.8
And no I'm not a fan of modern warfare 3, I've known these guns way before that awful game.

Go ahead! :) I have never actually played MW3, i just know weapons. ^^

Keep pictures in 64x64 and try minimizing the color usage to be limited to current game graphics. To find templates of the current game weapons visit the wiki :)

I have also updated the M4A1 and the Revolver to be more sizable and look nicer. (i think i will remake them later again and use a little darker light grey.)

Evul

New Weapon the FN P90

Name FN P90
Class SMG
Damage 5
Range 34
Accuracy 6
Mode burst(3)
Burst Speed 9
Handling ++
Warmup/Cooldown 100/0
Buy 900 $
Sell ? $
Aim time (sec.) 1,3
DPS 11,5

Evul

Quote from: knight133 on February 05, 2014, 08:50:15 PM
please add some flintlocks too because what I'm making is a custom scenario for alpha 1 or 2 and, the map is defense, my favorite old fort "The Alamo" and mixing the raiders with flintlocks and defenders with lebel rifles and revolvers too.
I have high hopes for you to make this mod very cool and oh if anyone here has any suggestions for my Alamo map please let me know.

I will look in to it :)

AcDie

until you provide dl link, don't change topic name from project to mod

Evul

Quote from: AcDie on February 07, 2014, 11:18:32 AM
until you provide dl link, don't change topic name from project to mod

Roger that!

Evul

New weapon painted and values sett can be found in the first topic. Hopefully i will be able to add a custom sound later on. :)

Its the E-11 Blaster from you now were. Its under the Sci fi section.

Tynan

Man, there are gonna be so many guns in the game by this time next month....

Awesome :)

In case you want to get a head start on the format, here's an xml template. This data has a global parent for use with all guns, as well as the pistol's bullet and gun data. I hope it's mostly self-explanatory.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Buildings>

<ThingDefinition Name="GunBase" Abstract="True">
<category>Item</category>
<eType>Equipment</eType>
<thingClass>Equipment</thingClass>
<label>Gun</label>
<equipmentType>Primary</equipmentType>
<isGun>True</isGun>
<pathCost>10</pathCost>
<useStandardHealth>True</useStandardHealth>
<selectable>True</selectable>
<maxHealth>100</maxHealth>
<altitudeLayer>Item</altitudeLayer>
<alwaysHaulable>True</alwaysHaulable>
<tickerType>Never</tickerType>
<storeCategories>
<Item>Weapons</Item>
</storeCategories>
<compSetupList>
<Item>Forbiddable</Item>
</compSetupList>
</ThingDefinition>

<ThingDefinition Name="BulletBase" Abstract="True">
<category>Projectile</category>
<tickerType>Normal</tickerType>
<altitudeLayer>Projectile</altitudeLayer>
<thingClass>Bullet</thingClass>
<label>Bullet</label>
<useStandardHealth>False</useStandardHealth>
<neverMultiSelect>True</neverMultiSelect>
<baseMaterialType>Transparent</baseMaterialType>
</ThingDefinition>

<!-- ============================================================== -->

<ThingDefinition ParentName="BulletBase">
<defName>Bullet_Pistol</defName>
<label>Pistol bullet</label>
<texturePath>Things/Projectile/Bullet_Small</texturePath>
<projectile>
<impactWorld>True</impactWorld>
<damageType>Bullet</damageType>
<DamageAmountBase>10</DamageAmountBase>
<Speed>55</Speed>
</projectile>
</ThingDefinition>

<ThingDefinition ParentName="GunBase">
<defName>Gun_Pistol</defName>
<label>Pistol</label>
<description>Ancient pattern automatic pistol. Weak and short range, but quick.</description>
<texturePath>Things/Item/Equipment/Pistol</texturePath>
<interactSound>InteractPistol</interactSound>
<purchasable>True</purchasable>
<basePrice>60</basePrice>
<verb>
<verbClass>Verb_Shoot</verbClass>
<cooldownTicks>30</cooldownTicks>
<hasStandardCommand>True</hasStandardCommand>
<canMiss>True</canMiss>
<projectileDef>Bullet_Pistol</projectileDef>
<accuracy>4</accuracy>
<warmupTicks>68</warmupTicks>
<range>24</range>
<fireSound>ShotPistol</fireSound>
<targetParams>
<canTargetPawns>True</canTargetPawns>
<canTargetBuildings>True</canTargetBuildings>
<worldObjectTargetsMustBeAutoAttackable>True</worldObjectTargetsMustBeAutoAttackable>
</targetParams>
</verb>
</ThingDefinition>

<!-- ============================================================== -->

</Buildings>
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog