[A10] Project Armory (v.3.00)

Started by Evul, February 05, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

I just had a craaaaazy fight between 1 raider group with light firearms and 1 traveling group heavily armed. The result were devastating for the raiders xD

AstronauticalFerret

Evul

BetaSpectre

I sort of want fallout weapons to pop up sometime like the plasma caster, gatling laser, and mini nuke launcher

But at one point I fear this mod will have too many weapons xD
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Evul

Quote from: BetaSpectre on July 13, 2014, 03:48:34 PM
I sort of want fallout weapons to pop up sometime like the plasma caster, gatling laser, and mini nuke launcher

It can't be to manny!  We only need to make a better categorization system :P that's all :P

AstronauticalFerret

Quote from: Evul on July 13, 2014, 09:32:15 AM
Quote from: AstronauticalFerret on July 13, 2014, 09:26:20 AM
Quote from: Evul on July 13, 2014, 07:59:47 AM
That would need some dll coding :) but we can add them to the list :)

EDIT: i think this one is nice: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130517013053/warehouse13/images/a/a1/Tesla_Gun_(Cut).PNG

That's sexy. The one I've been geeking out over is this baby. http://cs9266.vkontakte.ru/u19911665/95894745/x_d66699e1.jpg

Tesla rifle? :P were is it from?

No idea, I just had the image saved in my bookmarks for a while. Plan on making my own version of it at the workshop for a cosplay at some point once I buy the materials. SteamPunk anything is always neat to look at.

Bog

Quote from: nesbit on July 13, 2014, 07:26:00 AM
Would the BFG9000 and plasma gun from doom be considered overpowered?

Well actually I haven't played Doom believe it or not.  :P

I know the BFG9000 from it's reputation. I think I'm going to skip over it. At least for now...

On the other hand I found some video's of the Plasma Gun from Doom 3, as well as some nice stat spread sheets and screenshots of it, so I think I'll have a go at it.

I guess this means you're the winner of this stage of Bog's Suggest a Gun Game!

Congratulations.  8) I'll try to have the gun ready for our next release.
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

Bog

As Evul said, I don't think we can have too many weapons. The Weapons Kit Selector packaged with the mod means that players can pick and choose either weapon "eras" or individual weapons to play with.

If the dozens we have seems like to much you could play a game with just World War 2 weapons, for example.

Or just modern weapons.

Or randomly just World War 1 and Science Fiction weapons.  ;D

Really whatever kind of combinations you want.  8)
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Evul

Quote from: Bog on July 13, 2014, 05:26:52 PM

As Evul said, I don't think we can have too many weapons. The Weapons Kit Selector packaged with the mod means that players can pick and choose either weapon "eras" or individual weapons to play with.

If the dozens we have seems like to much you could play a game with just World War 2 weapons, for example.

Or just modern weapons.

Or randomly just World War 1 and Science Fiction weapons.  ;D

Really whatever kind of combinations you want.  8)

Personally I play with all ^^ also cause I usually play with the devbuild instead of the public build. ^^ a test build will be out for our testers as soon as I have fixed the mass effect weapons :)

Evul

Quote from: AstronauticalFerret on July 13, 2014, 05:00:26 PM
Quote from: Evul on July 13, 2014, 09:32:15 AM
Quote from: AstronauticalFerret on July 13, 2014, 09:26:20 AM
Quote from: Evul on July 13, 2014, 07:59:47 AM
That would need some dll coding :) but we can add them to the list :)

EDIT: i think this one is nice: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130517013053/warehouse13/images/a/a1/Tesla_Gun_(Cut).PNG

That's sexy. The one I've been geeking out over is this baby. http://cs9266.vkontakte.ru/u19911665/95894745/x_d66699e1.jpg

Tesla rifle? :P were is it from?

No idea, I just had the image saved in my bookmarks for a while. Plan on making my own version of it at the workshop for a cosplay at some point once I buy the materials. SteamPunk anything is always neat to look at.

Gonna do some research and see if I can find it. :)

Bog

Quote from: Bog on July 13, 2014, 05:13:56 PM

I know the BFG9000 from it's reputation. I think I'm going to skip over it. At least for now...

On the other hand I found some video's of the Plasma Gun from Doom 3, as well as some nice stat spread sheets and screenshots of it, so I think I'll have a go at it.

Alright, I've made it for our internal Developer Build. Hopefully it'll be balanced enough for the next release.

It was a hard one. It took me well over an hour to make the gun's texture... most other guns take me ~10 minutes. The bullet texture was also a little tricky. It took me about 15 minutes for it alone.

Currently it shoots bursts of 7 shots that deal 5 damage each, at as close to the same rate of fire I could get from the youtube video I saw.

The damage per shot seems a little low when compared to how powerful it was in the video, but I felt I had to do it for balance reasons. It still has a higher DPS then most of the other PA assault rifles, at the expense of shorter range and needing a longer aim time making someone using it less maneuverable.

Overall I think it's pretty balanced and a lot of fun to use.   :)

nesbit

Quote from: Bog on July 13, 2014, 07:06:52 PM
Quote from: Bog on July 13, 2014, 05:13:56 PM

Alright, I've made it for our internal Developer Build. Hopefully it'll be balanced enough for the next release.

It was a hard one. It took me well over an hour to make the gun's texture... most other guns take me ~10 minutes. The bullet texture was also a little tricky. It took me about 15 minutes for it alone.

Currently it shoots bursts of 7 shots that deal 5 damage each, at as close to the same rate of fire I could get from the youtube video I saw.

The damage per shot seems a little low when compared to how powerful it was in the video, but I felt I had to do it for balance reasons. It still has a higher DPS then most of the other PA assault rifles, at the expense of shorter range and needing a longer aim time making someone using it less maneuverable.

Overall I think it's pretty balanced and a lot of fun to use.   :)

Awesome. Cant wait for nostalgia to kick in ;D. This mod is absolutely amazing.

BetaSpectre

Wow must have not read a read me somewhere I had no idea I could select which guns would appear or not.

It seems that I just love this mod more with each passing day xD
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Evul

There is even a (embarrassing) video i made about it and showing how it works. :P It exist on the Evul Development YouTube channel :P (First ever made YouTube video with my voice.)

EDIT: there it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ3QN290sBw

Bog

It's time for round 2 of:

Bog's Suggest a Gun Game!

Assuming it's an appropriate suggestion, I'll make the next gun requested after this post.

The rules:

1. I reserve the right to veto or ignore any suggestions at my own discretion. I'll try not to as much as possible, but I might here and there based mostly on the rest of the rules here.

2. First come first serve.

3. You can't win two rounds in a row. If you won last time I'll skip over you and reward the next eligible poster.

4. Don't suggest a melee weapon. Currently the vanilla game doesn't support them so I won't make one yet. It'll likely become an option once they're added to the normal Rimworld. (Nudge> Nudge> Wink* Wink* Mr. Tynan. ;))

5. Try not to suggest something that's overpowered. For example, you might suggest the M54-S Nuke Launcher from Starship Troopers. Basically I can't make it the way it "should" function because it wouldn't fit into Project Armoury for obvious balance reasons. If you do suggest an overpowered gun I might choose not to make it, or choose to make it but nerf it down so it fit's the mod/game balance... which might in turn disappoint you. Just saying. You have been warned.

6. Don't suggest something inappropriate or gross. I'll just ignore it. No examples needed.

7. Don't suggest something that would be hard to code, because my coding skills really aren't very good. If you want a boomerang I think that'd be really cool, but unfortunately I wouldn't know where to start. The best I could probably do is make a boomerang that shoots straight, doesn't come back, and doesn't spin... so not much of a boomerng after all. :-\ So stick with "normal" guns as far as gameplay mechanics are concerned.

8. Don't suggest anything too silly. If you suggest the Plasma Blaster gun from Earthworm Jim it'd probably be fine, but if you suggest the "Chicken Clucker" - the one in Earthworm Jim 3D where he runs around with a green chicken and shoots eggs at people - I'll probably skip over it because I don't think it'd fit the rest of the mod.

PS: If someone else has commented first, don't be afraid to post your suggestion anyways! If I skip the posts above yours for any reason, your suggestion might suddenly become the winner. Either way, we'll add it to our internal list of guns people have suggested and might get around to it sometime.

----------

Previous Winner:

nesbit, who suggested either the BFG9000 or the Plasma Gun.
Result: I made the Plasma Gun from Doom 3.