[A10] Project Armory (v.3.00)

Started by Evul, February 05, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

but I was thinking on add the nuke launcher xD

Bog

;D

Well you can, but I think it would need to be nerfed just a little bit.  :P
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

AstronauticalFerret

If you could make the nuke launcher create a zone of irradiated content the it would be balances since radiation itself is unable to distinguish allies.  If you use one, you have to plan ahead with how you use it, otherwise you could end up screwing yourself over due to colonists or once allied forced getting caught in an irradiated zone thus causing radiation sickness which can have some nasty surprises.

Another note, it would be seen as a negative thing to do by other tribes and colonies, maybe even by your own colonists, to use a nuclear weapon due to the damage it causes to the environment, ecosystem, and livelihood of other humans.

So yeah you can make it powerful as hell like a mini nuke would be, but no ones going to like you or even listen to you if you use it. So you'd have to decide, use a mininuke against an insanely large raider force because you can, suffer the consequence of pissing off all other colonies and tribes, risk your people in their pathfinding to a radiated area, having to clean the bodies out of the area, deal with negative emotional drawbacks from using the weapon, and probably cause other people from other tribes/colonies to get caught in the RAD-Zone which will make them an enemy to you.

And that's how you balance the use of a mini nuke.

Evul

Quote from: AstronauticalFerret on July 15, 2014, 07:52:21 AM
If you could make the nuke launcher create a zone of irradiated content the it would be balances since radiation itself is unable to distinguish allies.  If you use one, you have to plan ahead with how you use it, otherwise you could end up screwing yourself over due to colonists or once allied forced getting caught in an irradiated zone thus causing radiation sickness which can have some nasty surprises.

Another note, it would be seen as a negative thing to do by other tribes and colonies, maybe even by your own colonists, to use a nuclear weapon due to the damage it causes to the environment, ecosystem, and livelihood of other humans.

So yeah you can make it powerful as hell like a mini nuke would be, but no ones going to like you or even listen to you if you use it. So you'd have to decide, use a mininuke against an insanely large raider force because you can, suffer the consequence of pissing off all other colonies and tribes, risk your people in their pathfinding to a radiated area, having to clean the bodies out of the area, deal with negative emotional drawbacks from using the weapon, and probably cause other people from other tribes/colonies to get caught in the RAD-Zone which will make them an enemy to you.

And that's how you balance the use of a mini nuke.

It is to powerful to actually have in game but a simple system for it would have been have looooong warmup time and dangerously high explosive rate. Making it some what dangerous to use for the player.

cap_dikkop

Hey, I don't know if you're still adding new weapons, and maybe this weapon is already in the list. But I love the whalter WA2000. The beautiful style of this rifle is like no other and hitman made it a bit more famous. I don't know anything about modding but if  this gun could make it in you list I would be a happy man.

Evul

Quote from: cap_dikkop on July 16, 2014, 06:54:20 PM
Hey, I don't know if you're still adding new weapons, and maybe this weapon is already in the list. But I love the whalter WA2000. The beautiful style of this rifle is like no other and hitman made it a bit more famous. I don't know anything about modding but if  this gun could make it in you list I would be a happy man.

We are still making new weapons. It is added to our task list :)
0000268: New Weapon: WA2000

Also here are the current new weapon list:
===========================================
Project Armory - 2.12 Dev (Released 2014-07-15)
===========================================

- [ADDED] New Weapon: [DOOM 3] Plasma gun
- [ADDED] New Weapon: [007] Moonraker Pistol
- [ADDED] New Weapon: [007] Goldeneye Moonraker Laser
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Mateba Autorevolver
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Mateba Grifone
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Roth-Steyr M1907
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Star M1914
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Steyr M1912
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Steyr M1912 MP
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Steyr-Mannlicher M1901
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Webley Revolver
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Winchester M1907
- [ADDED] New Weapon: British Apache
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Thompson M1928A1
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Huot Automatic Rifle
- [ADDED] New Weapon: [Turok 2] Plasma Rifle
- [ADDED] New Weapon: [Turok: Rage Wars] Plasma Rifle
- [ADDED] New Weapon: [007] Moonraker Laser
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Gabbett-Fairfax Mars
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Walther PPK
- [ADDED] New Weapon: USAS-12
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Smith & Wesson Model 29
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Saiga-12
- [ADDED] New Weapon: AA-12
- [ADDED] New Weapon: LeMat Carbine
- [ADDED] New Weapon: LeMat Revolver
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Pancor Jackhammer
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Apache
- [ADDED] New Weapon: British Bulldog
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Lebman M1911
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Browning Auto-5
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Colt Monitor
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Lebman M1907
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Sawn-off Browning Auto-5
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Carcano M91
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Chauchat
- [ADDED] New Weapon: M1918 BAR
- [ADDED] New Weapon: MP-18
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Ross Rifle
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Steyr-Mannlicher M1894
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Steyr-Mannlicher M1895
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Dragon
- [ADDED] New Weapon: Webley-Fosbery Automatic Revolver
- [ADDED] New Weapon: McMillan Tac-50
- [ADDED] New Weapon: KRISS Vector
- [ADDED] New weapon: [Mass Effect] M-8 Avenger
- [CHANGED] Glock 17 and 18 texture replaced.
- [CHANGED] Damage on the for FN P90 to low.
- [CHANGED] Lower the warmup tick value for support weapons. (M60 machine gun, M2 Browning and Bren)

Known Issue:
- Weapons Kit Switcher are missing new weapon categorie.
- CS19 is missing its texture. (Have placeholder)

You can keep an eye on our bug and feedback tracker :)

Here you can find a roadmap and changelog :)

Evul

I am working on a new accuracy system and i need all your help i can get to actually have a good system that everyone is happy with.

Click here to get to the post

Bog

Quote from: Evul on July 16, 2014, 07:21:47 PM
Quote from: cap_dikkop on July 16, 2014, 06:54:20 PM

We are still making new weapons. It is added to our task list :)
0000268: New Weapon: WA2000

Congratulation's cap_dikkop, you're the winner of the round 2 of Bog's Suggest a Gun Game... which is funny because I'm under the impression that you didn't know about it.  ;D (check the previous page on this thread)

I'll get started on it right away.
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Bog

Alright, "I'll get started on it right away" didn't happen. Some unrelated real life stuff got in the way.  :-\

... but it's done now!  :D

Whether or not it'll make it into the next release I have no idea. We're in the middle of balance testing the next version so throwing another weapon in might have adverse effects... and I've already twisted Evul's arm to update it prematurely because I accidentally left out one of my weapons that was supposed to in it. :P

But have no fear, the Walther WA2000 is well on the way. Possibly in the next release, but if not, the one after that.

Evul

Internal test builds for balancing reasons is released now and then so no worries :)
As you can see in the changelog of our bug tracker there a bunch only for testing.

Viceroy

Hey can I request an Atlatl? It throws a spear (called dart in this case) similar to a pilum, it is smaller but faster moving with higher accuracy at medium to long range with somewhat less damage. It is naturally a prehistoric/medieval weapon and I feel that your weapon pack (although marvelous) lacks in that department to some extent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spear-thrower
Dog goes moo!

Bog

Making an Atlatl is a great idea. I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner, considering that I've actually used (thrown? shot?) one. It'd especially be nice because we haven't actually added any new "tribal" weapons to the mod yet... It's been something I've been wanting to do.

If you can think of any other weapons that would fit the tribal tech levels, I'd love to hear them. So far I can only think of:

"Primitive" Tribal Weapons:

Boomerang (but I wouldn't know how to make it work from a programming perspective)
Bolas (But the graphic would just "slide" making it look bad)
Slingshot
Blowdarts
Throwing stone axes, such as tomahawks.

Metal "Tribal" Weapons: (these would need metal, which might be a stretch for being at tribal technology levels. I could make them look like they're made of copper or something that could be easily hammered into shape by tribal peoples after they've scavenged the metal from more advanced people's ruins.)

Chakrams
Kpinga (again, would just slide, not spin)
Throwing knives (they could be thrown "spear style" like many modern commandos do to remove the spin)
Throwing darts
Throwing stars

... so not much at all, and many of them would be a bit of a stretch.

Also, as far as our weapons pack lacking older weapons, I'm working at it.  :D The next update will have a lot more interwar, WW1 and pre-WW1 (1890-1914) weapons.

The next "era" on my to do list is 1860-1890. It'd have lots of American civil-war and "old west" weapons, and European weapons from, say, the Franco-Prussian War, plus whatever else that's interesting that I can think of.

Medieval and Renaissance weapons are also pretty high up there on my personal priority list. I've made a few, but most of them aren't ready for release yet. And of course the earlier eras would be a lot easier to make things for if we had melee weapons, but I'm waiting for Tynan to make them for the vanilla version before I go there.

(PS: Evul, I'm not at my normal computer right now so I can't add the Atlatl to the mantis, but I'll be making it soon.)

cap_dikkop

Quote from: Bog on July 17, 2014, 12:15:27 AM
Alright, "I'll get started on it right away" didn't happen. Some unrelated real life stuff got in the way.  :-\

... but it's done now!  :D

Whether or not it'll make it into the next release I have no idea. We're in the middle of balance testing the next version so throwing another weapon in might have adverse effects... and I've already twisted Evul's arm to update it prematurely because I accidentally left out one of my weapons that was supposed to in it. :P

But have no fear, the Walther WA2000 is well on the way. Possibly in the next release, but if not, the one after that.

Well .... Uuumh ..... I did look  ::)

But great, and thank you all who are working on this great mod.

mrofa

Bog love the boomerang idea so i did try to make a base for it, didnt find any errors, but my codding isnt really good soo, use it with care if you like :)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/b1dg89
All i do is clutter all around.

Bog

Quote from: mrofa on July 18, 2014, 08:30:21 AM
Bog love the boomerang idea so i did try to make a base for it, didnt find any errors, but my codding isnt really good soo, use it with care if you like :)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/b1dg89
Haha, looks pretty cool. I did a few minor tweaks (changed the texture, lowered the speed down to 30 and increased the warmup time) ... and I think the idea actually has some real promise. I don't have time to work on it any more today, but I might get around to it sometime. :D

The only big complaint I have with it is it's return. When it hits the person who throws it, even though it does 0 damage it draws blood and has a chance to stun, or in the case of raiders using it, can even cause them to flee in terror. It's pretty funny, but not ideal for a "game" quality weapon.

I was thinking maybe there's some way to make it force-miss, but just on the return. There's already some coding in place for frag grenades <forcedMissRadius>1.0</forcedMissRadius>... but I don't know exactly what effect that gives. If it does just make the weapon reliably miss by a square, and we could apply it just to the return shot, that'd possibly be a way for the weapon to be safer to use.

And if it does work, we could even add damage to the return strike sot that it'd have a chance to hit enemies on both parts of it's flight.  8)

Just a thought.