[A10] Project Armory (v.3.00)

Started by Evul, February 05, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

Quote from: Cyst on July 27, 2014, 03:17:23 PM
Are you planning on a healgun (be it high or low priority)?
Would be awesome to have a few HPs back and to have for example the colonists unable to shoot at enemies "shoot" at friendlies instead.
And what about a cryo weapon?
I love sci-fi stuff. :3

Cryo weapon are cool ^^
We need someone who is capable of programming bullies in order to do this tho. Same for other kind of funny ammunition.

I have not considered any healing weapons. Cause i don't like the concept but i wont stop anyone form doing it in the team. ^^
They are easy to make tho just set a - on the damage and it heals :P

Bog

Quote from: Evul on July 27, 2014, 02:10:13 PM
Bog:
New categories are the following:
AmericanCivilWarWeapon
PrewarWeapon
ProhibitionWeapon
RenaissanceLauncher
Am i correct? :)

and should we rename the PrewarWeapon to VictorianWeapon?

AmericanCivilWarWeapon isn't a good name , but I can't think of anything better yet, so I guess we should leave it as it is for now. I'm thinking this era will cover 1860-1890, so that covers the American Civil War, "Old West", Franco-Prussian War, First Boer War, etc. As I said I don't know what to call it. It's only called "AmericanCivilWar" because I made 2 guns from that war.  :-\

I think Prewar should stay as Prewar for now. I don't think "Victorian" era is appropriate because there's a strong shift of weapon types after 1890, (specifically lots of semi-automatic and automatic weapons start appearing) so I'd like 1890-1913 to be it's own era, separate from the one before it.

Prohibition should be changed to "Interwar". It's the appropriate term for the time period (1919-1938) if we want it to be global.

RenaissanceLauncher should just be Renaissance. The Launcher on the end is there because it's a hand mortar. Like the M203 Grenade Launcher is a "ModernLauncher".

Edit: Off the top of my head, maybe we should change "american civil war" to "Middle Victorian" because that name would fit it? I don't know. The Eras are a little clumsy how we have them set up right now. :P

One of the problems is that weapon technology eras don't fit the traditional historic eras. The Victorian age (1837-1901) Saw some major shifts in weapons technology. For example, 1830-1860 was the "Pepperbox" age of weapons, 1860-1890 saw revolvers, lever action weapons and metal cartriges become common, and after 1890 automatic weapons started to appear en mass.

One age in history... but part of 3 ages of firearms. And I'm very hesitant to mix the firearms ages together.
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

Evul

As i think i think the Victorian era goes from 1800 to 1910.
But that is also cause i play Victoria 2 Hearts of iron and Europa Universalis :P

Edit due to the edit :P
Ok then I understand better. I'm about to fix the kit Switcher. So we can release this version :)

Bog

Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Somz

Quote from: Evul on July 27, 2014, 03:42:42 PM

Cryo weapon are cool ^^
We need someone who is capable of programming bullies in order to do this tho. Same for other kind of funny ammunition.

I have not considered any healing weapons. Cause i don't like the concept but i wont stop anyone form doing it in the team. ^^
They are easy to make tho just set a - on the damage and it heals :P

Yes but will they auto-target me mighty minions and recuperate them? :3
But seriously, a freakin ' - ' and it'll heal? Why didn't you say it sooner?!
And yeah, some heal could come in handy. In the end, we have exploding boomrats, mechanoids, psychic waves and laser stuff (spiced with a still unbalanced game), who am I to say no to a healthrower? Or healnades?! Though some green-ish / blue-ish effect would be nice but anyway... :)

And yeah, funny ammunition would require a bully but I thought you had one?... ;)
It's a shame, I hope one will join you or make a cryogun on his own. It'd be so cool. Literally. ^^
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Evul

I am working on a "Auto Updater" :)
More of a check version link. It will tell you if there are any new updates.

Evul

Got a friend helping me out and this is the result:

This little link will be implemented next version and also in the devbuild branch!

Bog

Another thing I've been thinking about...

What if we split the Science Fiction guns into 2 "eras"?.

I'm thinking we could bundle all the energy weapons together in one, and bundle all of the "Traditional" or "Mass Driver" weapons together in the other.

That way I could play rimworld with only energy weapons. That'd be pretty cool I think.

Also people who don't like energy weapons in their game could, say, use both modern weapons and futuristic non energy weapons.

Thoughts?

Evul

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Evul

Quote from: StorymasterQ on July 29, 2014, 11:07:15 PM
Cryo weapon are cool ^^
Is that...Is that a pun? o_O

Or is it a gun that might give you pun? :P

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Evul on July 30, 2014, 01:01:12 AM
Cryo weapon are cool ^^

Or is it a gun that makes you run while you pun?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Bog

Quote from: StorymasterQ on July 30, 2014, 08:34:44 PM
Quote from: Evul on July 30, 2014, 01:01:12 AM
Cryo weapon are cool ^^

Or is it a gun that makes you run while you pun?
It's definitely a gun that makes you run while you pun and drink rum while doing a sum. Isn't that dumb?

PS: It's also a sniper rifle, so don't bother running/punning/rumming/summing/dumbing... you'll only die tired.

Bog

Quote from: mrofa on July 19, 2014, 09:53:22 AM
...it will work with knives and hopfully other stuff :)
Alright, well I finally got around to working on them. I've now finished the boomerang and made a bunch of other new weapons with your spin mechanics.  (Boomerang, Razor Wind, Kpinga, Chakram and Bolas)

The Razor Wind is a Sci-Fi weapon that acts like a boomerang but is basically a spinning saw blade.

It's lots of fun. ;D

Thanks again for all the work you put into it for us, I know I really appreciate it. I've taken the liberty to put a "Special Effects By: mrofa" note in the .hml files for all the weapons that use your spin or return mechanics. If you want it removed for whatever reason just say so.

@Evul: I've uploaded the new spinning weapons to our internal devbuild. Just to note: future releases that include them will need the new PA_bullet.dll file in the assemblies folder. 8)

There are also a bunch of other new guns and tribal weapons that don't use the spin mechanics. I didn't give any of the new weapons a "Target Version" on our Mantis because I don't know whether or not you want to put them into the next release, but they are done.

Evul

Give them the current build target and I'll send it to the testers for release testing. :)
That also give us a chance of test out the check version :)