[A10] Project Armory (v.3.00)

Started by Evul, February 05, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bog

Okay, I gave them a v2.13 target.

Maybe tell the testers we want lots of feedback especially on the new spinning weapons to make sure they're okay for the next release.
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

Evul

Sounds neet!

I gonna throw my self at the kit switcher and se if I can upgrade it :)

Evul

A little update!
I have not starting to work on the Switcher but! Fear not I am about to do that to day or to morrow.

Shinzy

Ohh? Kit switcher
is that what I think it is
secondary tab for gear you can switch on the fly like in Diablo 2?
because that.. I.. love? *slightly hopeful and excited*

Evul

I have a video about it somewhere :P
It's makes it possible for users to deactivate and activate weapons from our category system or one by one. If you don't like medieval weapons in your game you can simply turn them off.

Shinzy

Quote from: Evul on August 06, 2014, 07:06:07 AM
I have a video about it somewhere :P
It's makes it possible for users to deactivate and activate weapons from our category system or one by one. If you don't like medieval weapons in your game you can simply turn them off.

Oh, that's not as fun then ::)
Way more beneficial though for this kind of project

Evul

Indeed :-P but I am working on attachments and ammo types, damage and severity etc.

LuciferNZ

I am super surprised that this mod hasnt been bumped, considering the changes that alpha 6 brings, and the variety that PA can bring to it ;)

Any idea what your plans are Evul?

Bog

Quote from: LuciferNZ on August 14, 2014, 12:03:36 AM
I am super surprised that this mod hasnt been bumped, considering the changes that alpha 6 brings, and the variety that PA can bring to it ;)

Any idea what your plans are Evul?
Well Evul is pretty busy planning for the Swedish General Election that's coming up on Sept. 14. (As a politician and the lead developer to Project Armoury I guess you could say he brings a whole new meaning to "Gun Politics" ;D)

Maybe I could answer your questions/address your concerns/hopelessly confuse you in his place though.

1. Most of the other mods are updating for Alpha 6 because of compatibility problems. So far I haven't run into any with PA so we haven't had to make any hot-fixes. (If you have any bug problems with it please give us a shout though)

2. The combat changes in Alpha 6 all have to do with the health system, weapons haven't been changed. So you're getting all the new depth either way, without us doing extra work, thanks to Tynan's awesomeness.

3. We've been developing PA like crazy recently and have a big update that's basically ready, but still needs Evul to finish updating the weapons kit selector. As said above he's going to be pretty busy for the next month so I have no idea when that's going to happen. :-\

In the mean time I'll throw you a bone to keep you happy: Suggest a gun you'd like to see in Project Armoury and I'll make it. (And it'll probably make the next release unless Evul says otherwise)

PS: When I say big update I'm not exaggerating at all. ;)
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

LuciferNZ

Quote from: Bog on August 14, 2014, 12:36:29 AM
Well Evul is pretty busy planning for the Swedish General Election that's coming up on Sept. 14. (As a politician and the lead developer to Project Armoury I guess you could say he brings a whole new meaning to "Gun Politics" ;D)
Fair enough! A lot on his plate it seems ;)

Maybe I could answer your questions/address your concerns/hopelessly confuse you in his place though.

1. Most of the other mods are updating for Alpha 6 because of compatibility problems. So far I haven't run into any with PA so we haven't had to make any hot-fixes. (If you have any bug problems with it please give us a shout though)
Im guessing with Alpha 6 (532 build) - If so, Ill install now and help with bug-hunting (Figuratively, and literally hehe).

2. The combat changes in Alpha 6 all have to do with the health system, weapons haven't been changed. So you're getting all the new depth either way, without us doing extra work, thanks to Tynan's awesomeness.
Being unfamiliar with the old formatting for weapons, I assume that projectiles were assigned a type (Like piercing etc?) or were all considered piercing?
This is the part I was wondering about, adding small tweaks to weapons in this way.

3. We've been developing PA like crazy recently and have a big update ready, but are waiting for Evul to update the weapons kit selector. As said above he's going to be pretty busy for the next month so I have no idea when that's going to happen. :-\

In the mean time I'll throw you a bone to keep you happy: Suggest a gun you'd like to see in Project Armoury and I'll make it. (And it'll probably make the next release unless Evul says otherwise)

PS: When I say big update I'm not exaggerating at all. ;)
Thank you for the offer - I find the selection quite good, but if you *were* to do such a thing, Id love a weapon from my home country (New Zealand)
The Steyr AUG - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr_AUG
A multi-role assault rifle ;)

Im also a software designer, so if you guys need some coder help - I can extend the hand right back at ya ;)

LuciferNZ

And I derped.

Its already added ;P

I have never had one drop! *cry*

Evul

Quick update from me:
My server and my computer just went down. It have a running time of 20min before it gets overheated. Meaning that I can't work that. Much on the mod and it also effect our buggtracker with suck allot of "stuff".
I will try to find some temporary solution for the cooling for the processor. Until I get a new computer in 1-2 months.

On a nother note the gun code is u altered in this version of the game. Meaning that the current version do work for alpha 6. I will try to upload the latest version if some one (Bog :P)  can take a look at everything so no errors accrue. :)

Then we add our huge pack :P

Bog

Quote from: LuciferNZ on August 14, 2014, 12:51:28 AM
Being unfamiliar with the old formatting for weapons, I assume that projectiles were assigned a type (Like piercing etc?) or were all considered piercing?
This is the part I was wondering about, adding small tweaks to weapons in this way.
You know, I didn't think of that. I haven't seen a way to change weapon's damage types yet, I assumed that they're all piercing by default, but it seems to me that thrown rocks shouldn't be.  I'll look into it. But not now (I need to go to bed) and I don't know if I'll have a lot of time in the next few days because I have visiting relatives.
Quote from: LuciferNZ on August 14, 2014, 12:51:28 AM
Thank you for the offer - I find the selection quite good, but if you *were* to do such a thing, Id love a weapon from my home country (New Zealand)
The Steyr AUG - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr_AUG
A multi-role assault rifle ;)
Quote from: LuciferNZ on August 14, 2014, 12:53:25 AM
And I derped.

Its already added ;P

I have never had one drop! *cry*
Well you can always suggest another gun. I believe in fulfilling the thought behind the promise, not the specific legalistic wording.

And by the way, while NZ uses the AUG it's made by Steyr, an Austrian company. I've had my eye on the Charlton Automatic Rifle for quite a while though, (Both the original kiwi and later aussie versions) so you might see some sweet-as kiwi ingenuity on the battlefield soon enough. ;D (I wouldn't count that as your "suggestion" since it was already on my to-do list)

Quote from: LuciferNZ on August 14, 2014, 12:53:25 AM
Im also a software designer, so if you guys need some coder help - I can extend the hand right back at ya ;)

I'll keep that in mind. ;)

Quote from: Evul on August 14, 2014, 01:36:34 AM
Quick update from me:
My server and my computer just went down. It have a running time of 20min before it gets overheated. Meaning that I can't work that. Much on the mod and it also effect our buggtracker with suck allot of "stuff".
I will try to find some temporary solution for the cooling for the processor. Until I get a new computer in 1-2 months.
That explains why I can't update our mantis. When it's back I'll be adding the M-81 Pulse Rifle from Outwars, if anybody remembers that game.

Quote from: Evul on August 14, 2014, 01:36:34 AMOn a nother note the gun code is u altered in this version of the game. Meaning that the current version do work for alpha 6. I will try to upload the latest version if some one (Bog :P)  can take a look at everything so no errors accrue. :)
Yeah, I'll probably be able to test out all the guns to make sure they're firing without errors. As I said earlier I'll be busy for the next few days but might find some time here or there. It's an easy enough task which should go really quick. I imagine I'll be able to do it in under an hour.

PS: I've released the Rimworld Weapons Balancer, so after the next release I'll make a list of our all guns and how strong they are when compared to each other and we can do an in-depth balance update on them. Then our mod will not only be huge, but elegant too. 8)

Evul

Awesome!
Also check your pm :P

I need to fix some coolinggue (whatever it's called) to smack on the processor to get longer running time. Easy fix xD but I'll be on my phone so I can still awnser pms and threads.

Dr. Z

Just wanted to say that the RPD is the best weapon with its range and the 16 or what slave it's just perfect against siegers. But it's a pain if the enemy has it^^
Prasie the Squirrel!