[A10] Project Armory (v.3.00)

Started by Evul, February 05, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daft73

Quote from: Evul on October 03, 2014, 05:59:28 PM
Quote from: eatKenny on October 03, 2014, 05:57:58 PM
just a thought, since we have melee weapons now, maybe we should nerf guns a little bit, like give a move speed and global work speed penalty according to the weight and size of the gun.

for example pistols have no penalties, SMGs -0% move speed and -5% work speed, scales to sniper rifles -15% move speed and -30% work speed.

it seems ridiculous that someone running around planting potatoes while aways carrying an anti-materiel rifle. me myself always have an armory room with diffrent guns to deal with diffrent threats. but i let my colonists only carry up to SMGs in peace time. ::)

I will think about it :) and discuss it with active developers. :)

I like the idea, would even affect raids and such...interesting ;)

Felime

The one linked with the packs doesn't appear to have changed. There's also a duplicate line:

<soundInteract>InteractRifle</soundInteract>
      <tradersCarry>True</tradersCarry>
      <tradersCarry>true</tradersCarry>

in the sample. Gonna leave it in, and I'll take it out if you say to.

eatKenny

Quote from: daft73 on October 03, 2014, 06:08:37 PM
Quote from: Evul on October 03, 2014, 05:59:28 PM
Quote from: eatKenny on October 03, 2014, 05:57:58 PM
just a thought, since we have melee weapons now, maybe we should nerf guns a little bit, like give a move speed and global work speed penalty according to the weight and size of the gun.

for example pistols have no penalties, SMGs -0% move speed and -5% work speed, scales to sniper rifles -15% move speed and -30% work speed.

it seems ridiculous that someone running around planting potatoes while aways carrying an anti-materiel rifle. me myself always have an armory room with diffrent guns to deal with diffrent threats. but i let my colonists only carry up to SMGs in peace time. ::)

I will think about it :) and discuss it with active developers. :)

I like the idea, would even affect raids and such...interesting ;)

yes it will affect raids:

while defending from a raid the tension will slowly build up as raiders with pistols, SMGs and grenades arriving first(which may just some warming up cake for your killing-box ::), but grenades may eventually weaken your turrets) and then arriving the army with assault rifles, and at last the mighty miniguns and snipers(to finish you off ::)).

it's not actually realistic because in real situation an attack should be well organized, but since they are stupid enough to walk into your killing-box i decide to let it go :P. overall i think it will eventually make late game raids less devastating since we have longer defending time.

and the best thing is as heavy guns being nerfed pistols or SMGs are no longer useless in late games 8)

another thought, raiders will drop their weapons at the time they flee in order to run faster ::), which we do in real life, and it will also save us time to chase someone carrying an R-4 charge rifle ::)

Felime

Quote from: Felime on October 03, 2014, 06:56:57 PM
The one linked with the packs doesn't appear to have changed. There's also a duplicate line:

<tradersCarry>True</tradersCarry>
      <tradersCarry>true</tradersCarry>

in the sample. Gonna leave it in, and I'll take it out if you say to.

This aside, here's KIT13 (attached)

I, Felime grab KIT10

Oh dear... Kit 10 has thermal detonators. I don't actually know rimworld modding or anything more than the basics of xml, so I'm gonna leave that until you let me know what to do with it, Evul. Also: what should I do with files lacking attribution/license info?

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Felime

I've edited the previous post enough. Anyways. for the neolithic weapons, what should I use instead of BaseHumanGun? I'm putting in BaseHumanWeaponNeolithic in the atlatl for the moment.

Don't actually know what uses BaseHumanGun, it doesn't seem to be the parent of anything.

Edit: Turok 2 Razor Wind looks like another one that'll need Evul's attention. I'm not touching that one with my current understanding of Rimworld defs.

Felime

So, can't do more on kit10 atm, so I'm going to check out KIT9, as it seems to be all straightforward weapons.

I, Felime grab KIT9

Evul

You are awesome felime!
When you come a cross files you can fix put them in a separate zip and upload it so I can take. Look at it :) like the thermal detonator.

And yes remove the duplicate lines.
I think the neolithic weapons need a overall work over. Zip them to and I'll take a look at it. :)
Name the zip kit00

Felime

Here are KIT09, the parts of KIT10 I could do, KIT13 with the duplicate entries removed, and KIT00 (The bits of KIT10 I don't know how to fix)

I, Felime, grab KIT08

Oh, and for the record, the Improved Venter and Improved Pulse Venter (KIT09) lacked attribution or licensing info, I put it in and filled in the original author with 'UNKNOWN'. I figure you can fix that up.

Also, the BRX-A1 and A2 (Also KIT09) are identical from everything I can see, just thought I'd mention that.

Evul

Awesome! Your the best! Gona take a look at the stuff as soon as I am home. :)

Felime

Quote from: Evul on October 04, 2014, 02:34:08 PM
Awesome! Your the best! Gona take a look at the stuff as soon as I am home. :)

No problem! The vanilla weapons get boring really fast. This way you can get to the stuff that actually needs someone competent.

(And this is good practice to get familiar with the modding stuff. Already planning to see if I can make a heavy bolter or something that fires itty bitty explosions)

On that note, here is KIT08, along with the hand mortar, which isn't quite standard in a KIT00

Notes on KIT08:
The Colt Monitor, Lebman 1907, and Moonraker Pistol used the Chauchat, Winchester 1907, and Moonraker Laser bullets, respectively. I changed them to fire the bullets defined in the files. I assume that would cause fun times if you disabled the weapon they reference, but I'm mentioning it just in case the mismatched bullets weren't errors or something.

I, Felime, grab KIT02

(Since I've been taking things out of order, for handy reference of anyone else volunteering, I've snagged KIT13, KIT09, KIT08, and KIT02 so far.)

Evul

The files are now implemented and uploaded to our server. :)

Felime

Quote from: Evul on October 04, 2014, 03:33:43 PM
The files are now implemented and uploaded to our server. :)

KIT02 done, nothing really out of the ordinary in this one. The P90 is 2 guns in one file, but I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of having two gun entries, so I did it myself.

I, Felime, grab KIT03

E: forgot the attachment. And yeah, I copied over the changes between them!

Evul

The above is normal the one below are a silencer version :)
They use the same bullet def :)

Felime

Aaaand, KIT03 Nothing odd in this one.

I did forget to mention, in KIT02, the dragunov has a burst size of 1 in the file, I copied it over, but it seemed strange.

Gonna take a break now. Will probably do one or two more at some point.

Edit: Break over, I, Felime, grab KIT04

LORDPrometheus

so... i dont know exactly how many files need to be fixed and how many are in each KIT file... how many KIT files are there?