[A10] Project Armory (v.3.00)

Started by Evul, February 05, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolljak

Is there anything in particular you want us to test out? also i see no RPG in there is that for a later date?

Evul

Deactivated weapons currently don't work. All the others do. The one I am interested in is the Bolter. I think there are no larger problems anywere.

(Public Devbuild download link on the previous page)

Felime

I've got the RPG and M79 working, rewritten as guns because that's what I know how to do.

I pretty much rewrote the stats, because all the stats for them as a gun didn't seem to be there.

RPG-7 has the same damage as a grenade with a fraction of the explosion size. Pretty useless against moving human sized targets, but it'll probably mess centipedes up enough to keep in your arsenal just in case. Also will mess up walls fairly fast in the hands of raiders, but not really more than a grenade or anything.

Gave the M79 a larger explosion (felt really anemic at .06 explosion radius. What's the point of a grenade launcher that only rarely has a multi square effect?) and half the grenade's damage, but testing it on different armors revealed that bomb damage def does blunt damage, which armors are generally pretty bad against. I gave it a bullet damagedef, so it's not really going to be useful against raiders in power armor, but it'll do bad, bad things to tribal swarms.

Definitely need more looking at from Evul, and probably a redoing of prices, but mechanically they work.

Gonna keep working and see what I can do about getting everything to the point where Evul can do another release tomorrow. (And probably giving the bolter exploding bullets.)

Kolljak

Felime

Huh, thought he fixed that. I tested the bolter with the right xml, but it uuh... flickers between the two images possible. You can fix that for now by moving one of the bolter images out with the rest of the images in the textures folder.

Edit: Apparently that just didn't end up in the public build or something. Fix will still work.

Did a bunch of work on things, Everything but the things that use ExtendedBullet to do fancy things and the vanilla weapons should be done.

MisterLock

Quote from: Felime on October 13, 2014, 09:57:10 PM
Huh, thought he fixed that. I tested the bolter with the right xml, but it uuh... flickers between the two images possible. You can fix that for now by moving one of the bolter images out with the rest of the images in the textures folder.

Edit: Apparently that just didn't end up in the public build or something. Fix will still work.

Did a bunch of work on things, Everything but the things that use ExtendedBullet to do fancy things and the vanilla weapons should be done.

Feelime why didn't you get the official "Project Armoury Tester" tag in your name yet?You pretty much helped Evul bring this mod to alpha 7 entirely
To each his own.

Felime

Quote from: MisterLock on October 14, 2014, 12:41:42 AM
Quote from: Felime on October 13, 2014, 09:57:10 PM

Feelime why didn't you get the official "Project Armoury Tester" tag in your name yet?You pretty much helped Evul bring this mod to alpha 7 entirely

I've got SVN access. Much more useful.

skullywag

What is this extended bullet, does it just allow you to add more things to the projectile def and they are picked up in the dll? If so the basis of this code is in my more weapons mod rpg bullet. If you need help porting what you have let me know.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Felime

Sure, toss me your skype in PM or hop on IRC, and I'll bug you if I run into anything when I try to figure it out. Looked at your code a bit, but haven't really gotten to really looking through and figuring it out.

mrofa

Quote from: skullywag on October 14, 2014, 09:03:23 AM
What is this extended bullet, does it just allow you to add more things to the projectile def and they are picked up in the dll? If so the basis of this code is in my more weapons mod rpg bullet. If you need help porting what you have let me know.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5240.0
All i do is clutter all around.

Evul

Viperlol

When in doubt, rely on everyone else to fix up your .xml

Evul

Currently at work but when I'm home I will look over smal changes and add the changes we did with the vanilla weapons. (name changes)

Evul

Project Armory Version 2.15 is for alpha 7 is here!

RimWorld, Project Armory for alpha 7 is finally here! The mayor thing in this update is that the mod is now ported to RimWorld Alpha 7. But there are also some small changes and balancing fixes. I will also welcome Felime to our development team!

Download:

(as normal some of the mirrors are slow.)

Arm yourself and Defend the Colony!