[A10] Project Armory (v.3.00)

Started by Evul, February 05, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reysuke

Javelin? Javelin!
Freaking Long Range With perferct accuracy and good dmg but the rocket is slow and it slows you down because its so heavy.
Has a long aim and cd time because in rl you have to stay on the target to hit.
Would be useful against sieges and crashed ship

Evul

Thatis an interesting thing... :P will add it to the tracker. Same goes for the other suggestions mentions above :)

NoImageAvailable

Evul, do you or the other team members have any particular expertise regarding contemporary weaponry? Just asking so I know if in requests I should explain stuff like RPO uses thermobaric warheads = it sets stuff on fire.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Evul

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 06, 2014, 02:00:31 PM
Evul, do you or the other team members have any particular expertise regarding contemporary weaponry? Just asking so I know if in requests I should explain stuff like RPO uses thermobaric warheads = it sets stuff on fire.

Well i sometimes look on weapon tech videos and play the ArmA games if thats enoth :P

kenj2

Great mod! Just a suggestion:
Can you add sub-categories for the types of weapons (Pistols, Assualt Rifles, Melee, etc.) under the weapons category to easily allow and disallow weapon storing of the same type?

VStraken

If you're still taking requests, may I ask for the AN-94 "Abakan"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN-94

Just one of my favorite guns ever since I encountered it in the STALKER series of games. It's unique as well - it's designed with a 2-round burst function that supposedly fires the bullets so fast that they would hit in just about the same place.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: VStraken on November 08, 2014, 02:48:25 AM

Just one of my favorite guns ever since I encountered it in the STALKER series of games. It's unique as well - it's designed with a 2-round burst function that supposedly fires the bullets so fast that they would hit in just about the same place.

Minor nitpick: it doesn't fire the second bullet so fast, it actually has a special system that makes that makes the barrel go down as the recoil from the first shot pushes the gun up, which a skilled shooter can use to land both in the same spot.

Geroj

I am for that AN-94 and something lot more fun than javelin
RPO-A rocked propelled flamethrower http://world.guns.ru/grenade/rus/rpo-a-shmel-e.html

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Geroj on November 08, 2014, 08:57:11 AM
RPO-A rocked propelled flamethrower http://world.guns.ru/grenade/rus/rpo-a-shmel-e.html

Kinda pointless to have both RPO-A and RPO-M considering the M is just a slightly more accurate version of the A, isn't it?

Reysuke

A Single Use Rocket Launcher which burns everything is more fun than a FMG Javelin? :o
I dont like the incendiary effect. In RL sure its Strong but Fire in Rimworld ist just so weak and rly doesnt do anything.

Aristocat

Some weapon seems use difference projectile(Lebmen M1907? or so 1911? use winchester), also bolter size is TOO SMALL.

Also all sci-fi weapons should price near 450~700, maybe 350 for pistols. I think they are too common and weak which is nonsense.

Immersive weaponry is compatible by the way, should I link my thread to this?

Edit : E11 blaster also seems too small, and some other weapons

Goo Poni

Okay, so how might one be able to start their own overhaul of all the guns in this mod? I want to make weapons more accurate so that it's less of a crapshoot whether 0 shooting skill or 20 shooting skill. I want to remove pointless repeats of weapons because it feels like variety to the point of bloat. Two Walther PPKs, two vz.58s, two Barrett .50 cals, two fowlers, VSS/AS Val, there's likely a couple others. I want to rebalance weapons that I don't think should be firing in bursts. Mossberg 500, Saiga 12, M14/EBR, to name a few. I want to trim the scifi weapons entirely because they're out of whack and they come from all different universes, no more raiders with plasma sniper rifles shooting streams of energy. Y'know, a Bolter is a typical weapon in W40k but it's a seriously heavy duty assault rifle casually firing 20mm rounds that your average human can't even wield properly. But here, it's about as destructive as a Lee Enfield. And I want to get rid of cooldown and balance from there. Also playing in TTM instead of the standalone.

Evul

Quote from: kenj2 on November 07, 2014, 11:10:21 PM
Great mod! Just a suggestion:
Can you add sub-categories for the types of weapons (Pistols, Assualt Rifles, Melee, etc.) under the weapons category to easily allow and disallow weapon storing of the same type?

That is something we will defensively take a look at. Been thinking about it allot. :)

Quote from: VStraken on November 08, 2014, 02:48:25 AM

I can add it to our task. :)

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 08, 2014, 09:04:12 AM
Quote from: Geroj on November 08, 2014, 08:57:11 AM

Kinda pointless to have both RPO-A and RPO-M considering the M is just a slightly more accurate version of the A, isn't it?

We can make a bullet that do both with a explosion and fire effect making burn damage but don't make the incendiary effect. So we can experiment with them.

Quote from: Aristocat on November 09, 2014, 08:05:05 AM
Some weapon seems use difference projectile(Lebmen M1907? or so 1911? use winchester), also bolter size is TOO SMALL.

Also all sci-fi weapons should price near 450~700, maybe 350 for pistols. I think they are too common and weak which is nonsense.

Immersive weaponry is compatible by the way, should I link my thread to this?

Edit : E11 blaster also seems too small, and some other weapons

Well weapon scale isn't the easiest thing to handle. We go for the vanilla. Size and compromise them whiteout making them fat.

The vanilla weapons them self have wrong to scale wise to.
So we will not change the scale of them. Until the weapons of the vanilla game changes scaling. We can of cause change some smaller things when it comes to how they look but not the scaling.

Quote from: Goo Poni on November 09, 2014, 10:12:42 AM
Okay, so how might one be able to start their own overhaul of all the guns in this mod? I want to make weapons more accurate so that it's less of a crapshoot whether 0 shooting skill or 20 shooting skill. I want to remove pointless repeats of weapons because it feels like variety to the point of bloat. Two Walther PPKs, two vz.58s, two Barrett .50 cals, two fowlers, VSS/AS Val, there's likely a couple others. I want to rebalance weapons that I don't think should be firing in bursts. Mossberg 500, Saiga 12, M14/EBR, to name a few. I want to trim the scifi weapons entirely because they're out of whack and they come from all different universes, no more raiders with plasma sniper rifles shooting streams of energy. Y'know, a Bolter is a typical weapon in W40k but it's a seriously heavy duty assault rifle casually firing 20mm rounds that your average human can't even wield properly. But here, it's about as destructive as a Lee Enfield. And I want to get rid of cooldown and balance from there. Also playing in TTM instead of the standalone.

You just download it and start making changes. If you need help PM me and i'll walk you throe the code. Ill post the code down here with comments so you get started. You can easily modify the mod with notepad or notepad++. :)

NOTE: You are fully free to make any changes and publish your own modmod of this mod as long as you link the original mod post.

E-11 Blaster:
<ThingDef ParentName="BaseBullet">
<defName>Bullet_E-11BlasterC</defName>
<label>Laser</label>
<graphicPathSingle>Things/Projectile/Bullet_Laser</graphicPathSingle>
<projectile>
<damageDef>Bullet</damageDef>
<DamageAmountBase>11</DamageAmountBase>  <!--  WEAPON DAMAGE -->
<Speed>75</Speed>  <!--  BULLET SPEED -->
</projectile>
</ThingDef>

<ThingDef ParentName="BaseHumanGun">
<defName>Gun_E-11Blaster_wea</defName>
<label>E-11 Blaster</label>
<description> The BlasTech E-11 blaster rifle was a blaster rifle used during the time of the Galactic Republic, and manufactured by BlasTech Industries during the Galactic Civil War. It was the standard blaster rifle of the Imperial stormtroopers.</description>
<graphicPathSingle>Things/Item/PAEquipment/Gun_E-11Blaster</graphicPathSingle>
<soundInteract>InteractChargeRifle</soundInteract>
<tradersCarry>True</tradersCarry>
<baseMarketValue>90</baseMarketValue>  <!--  WEAPON PRICE -->
<verbs>
<li>
<verbClass>Verb_Shoot</verbClass>
<cooldownTicks>40</cooldownTicks>  <!--  LOAD TIME AFTER THE SHOT IS FIRED (60 tick = 1 second) -->
<hasStandardCommand>true</hasStandardCommand>
<projectileDef>Bullet_E-11BlasterC</projectileDef>
<warmupTicks>80</warmupTicks>  <!--  TIME BEFORE THE WEAPON FIRES. (60 tick = 1 second) -->
<range>28</range> <!--  WEAPON RANGE -->
<accuracyTouch>0.96</accuracyTouch>
<accuracyShort>0.87</accuracyShort>
<accuracyMedium>0.77</accuracyMedium>
<accuracyLong>0.64</accuracyLong>
<fireSound>ShotChargeRifle</fireSound>
</li>
</verbs>

</ThingDef>

Evul

I have been experimenting a little bit with categories and here is the first example. I added Assault Rifles and trow the AK-47 in to it. :)

Evul

Made a bunch of categories and added some weapons to them.