[A10] Project Armory (v.3.00)

Started by Evul, February 05, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goo Poni

Quote from: Evul on November 09, 2014, 07:47:58 PM

You just download it and start making changes. If you need help PM me and i'll walk you throe the code. Ill post the code down here with comments so you get started. You can easily modify the mod with notepad or notepad++. :)

NOTE: You are fully free to make any changes and publish your own modmod of this mod as long as you link the original mod post.
Mainly I wanted to know what the accuracy modifiers meant and if they could go above 1.0/100% and how to shed several workbenches at once. For brevity's sake, I'd like to shed a lot of weapons and make the ones left more meaningful. Instead of a choice of like 10 different assault rifles, two or three with different traits.

Nopkar

Quote from: Evul on November 09, 2014, 08:52:55 PM
Made a bunch of categories and added some weapons to them.

mind-meltingly useful! love it! I really appreciate the effort you and your team puts into this, you guys are awesome! I've made one or two little additions myself and its tedious at best so to have all of these fine guns all laid out, its wonderful!

and question, is there any way to remove weapons from lists that NPC's use? like someone else mentioned, weapons like the w40k bolter or SW E-11 blaster just don't belong in the hands of raiders or other factions.

Cat123

Three questions:

1) Is there an excel sheet you can bundle with the mod to show the stats / tech progression? At the moment, many many of the modern weapons are better than their SF counterparts*. Did you do any balancing via weighting formula? I'm interested in this because the question of if you've done the math formula will save a lot of time making changes.

2) Do you mind another modder (i.e. me) ripping out the guts of your mod, removing a lot of the junk (i.e. 6 production tables is silly, you only need 4 - ballistic, energy, fire/plasma and "specials" - EMP, Stuns etc; the tech tree can unlock new crafts) and a lot of the guff (i.e. Rimworld = future, no need for Earth weapons and SF tributes such as Bolters, Alien Marines weapons etc)? Bottom line is that I'm going to do it anyhow, but I'll give credit ;)

3) The recent split into <CLASSES> / categories actually has a lot of merit, and could be very useful. Do you mind this being ripped with credit?

Basically, I find this mod both genius and gob-smackingly stupid. Mind if I rip out the genius bits and remove the stupid stuff?

You just download it and start making changes. If you need help PM me and i'll walk you throe the code. Ill post the code down here with comments so you get started. You can easily modify the mod with notepad or notepad++. :)

NOTE: You are fully free to make any changes and publish your own modmod of this mod as long as you link the original mod post.

What I have in mind is rather different, but I'm happy to give credit for the structural stuff I'm ripping. Most (90%) of the content is useless to me (and - 100% can never be used in the main game, due to copyright issues), but the XML structure / balance formula (if they exist) are worth a lot of respect.

So?

*I'm assuming here that this mod also adds the SF weapons table + tech. This might not be the case, so apologies if that's a X-mod meld.

Nopkar

Quote from: Cat123 on November 10, 2014, 04:36:09 PM
-snip

I don't think 'stupid' was the right word...but I agree with some points. I don't care for the scifi tributes in particular. But from Evul's point of view its easier to add it and be safe than have everyone clamoring for that *one* gun they want. Modifying what weapons are in is easy enough, just find the file with all the guns in it and delete the ones you don't want.

I imagine an install launcher with a few setup options wouldn't be too superfluous, or maybe a select few content packs like 'World War Pack' 'Modern Firearms' 'Weapons of the Future' etc etc, and you pick and choose what to download?

Meh, it all puts more work on Evul and the people working with him.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Nopkar on November 10, 2014, 08:42:05 PM
I imagine an install launcher with a few setup options wouldn't be too superfluous, or maybe a select few content packs like 'World War Pack' 'Modern Firearms' 'Weapons of the Future' etc etc, and you pick and choose what to download?

You guys realize there is a kit switcher included that does exactly that, right?
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

ToXeye

Rename Lasgun to Flashlight and lower the stats. Joking.
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

SundayTuesday

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 11, 2014, 03:07:15 AM
Quote from: Nopkar on November 10, 2014, 08:42:05 PM

You guys realize there is a kit switcher included that does exactly that, right?
Ikr. Go into mods folder, find project armory and open the folder, and you'll see "Weapons Kit Switcher"...
"When your kingdom is attacked, Do not flee.
Show them WHY it is your kingdom!"

Evul

Quote from: Goo Poni on November 10, 2014, 12:17:04 AM

Mainly I wanted to know what the accuracy modifiers meant and if they could go above 1.0/100% and how to shed several workbenches at once. For brevity's sake, I'd like to shed a lot of weapons and make the ones left more meaningful. Instead of a choice of like 10 different assault rifles, two or three with different traits.

The accuracy system work like this:
accuracy: accuracyTouch, accuracyShort, accuracyMedium, accuracyLong
range: 4, 15, 30, 50

As i understand from Ty's description:

A weapon with 100 range (for easy reference and calculation)
whould have accuracyTouch up to 4 squres and accuracyShort 15 etc.

A weapon with 40 range whould have accuracyTouch 1,6 accuracyShort 6 accuracyMedium 12 accuracyLong 20.

The accuracy it self cant have more then 100% aka 1.0

Here is the old conversion tab Ty used when first introduced the accruasy system:

* --------------------------------------------------------
* range 4 15 30 50

old_accuracy
1 79% 42% 18% 6%
2 85% 55% 30% 13%
3 89% 64% 41% 22%
4 91% 71% 50% 32%
5 93% 77% 59% 42%
6 95% 83% 68% 53%
7 96% 87% 77% 64%
8 98% 92% 85% 76%
9 99% 96% 92% 88%
10 100% 100% 100% 100%

More then you wanted to know but good knowledge :P

Quote from: Nopkar on November 10, 2014, 04:25:20 AM
and question, is there any way to remove weapons from lists that NPC's use? like someone else mentioned, weapons like the w40k bolter or SW E-11 blaster just don't belong in the hands of raiders or other factions.

Yes, open xml file and remove the weapon tag "Gun". No raiders will spawn with the weapon after that. :)

<ThingDef Name="BaseHumanGun" ParentName="BaseGun" Abstract="True">
<weaponTags>
<li>Gun</li>
</weaponTags>
</ThingDef>

Quote from: Cat123 on November 10, 2014, 04:36:09 PM1) Is there an excel sheet you can bundle with the mod to show the stats / tech progression? At the moment, many many of the modern weapons are better than their SF counterparts*. Did you do any balancing via weighting formula? I'm interested in this because the question of if you've done the math formula will save a lot of time making changes.

We use a excel file for bullet damage and speed With different kind of ammunition parameter (MG DMG/Speed, AS-Rifle DMG/Speed, S-Rifle DMG/Speed, Rifle DMG/Speed, SMG DMG/Speed, Pistol DMG/Speed.). This makes the damage the same on pretty much every weapon cause we follow the vanilla weapons damage patterns. The Sci fie weapons may some times suck man that is for balancing reasons and they follow the vanilla damage pattern. Many of the balancing of the weapons are made by changing amount of bullets fired accuracy and warmup and cooldown time.

We had one form with all accuracy, speed etc. before with all stats but it was poorly updated. (Will probably make one again. Cause we need one)

Quote from: Cat123 on November 10, 2014, 04:36:09 PM2)Do you mind another modder (i.e. me) ripping out the guts of your mod, removing a lot of the junk (i.e. 6 production tables is silly, you only need 4 - ballistic, energy, fire/plasma and "specials" - EMP, Stuns etc; the tech tree can unlock new crafts) and a lot of the guff (i.e. Rimworld = future, no need for Earth weapons and SF tributes such as Bolters, Alien Marines weapons etc)? Bottom line is that I'm going to do it anyhow, but I'll give credit ;)

3) The recent split into <CLASSES> / categories actually has a lot of merit, and could be very useful. Do you mind this being ripped with credit?

Basically, I find this mod both genius and gob-smackingly stupid. Mind if I rip out the genius bits and remove the stupid stuff?

What I have in mind is rather different, but I'm happy to give credit for the structural stuff I'm ripping. Most (90%) of the content is useless to me (and - 100% can never be used in the main game, due to copyright issues), but the XML structure / balance formula (if they exist) are worth a lot of respect. [/quote]

As mentioned be for you are allowed to use any kind of stuff from the mod as you wish as soon as you have credit and link to the main mod.

"User License:
All weapons texture and code may be altered to the users liking to fit the world the user wants to create. You may add or remove weapons of your downloaded Project Armory Pack to further more customize your world. You are also allowed to publish Project Armory weapons in your own modpack or mod. The only thing we ask for is that you link to our forum page so people that like the weapons can download more of them."

The project only adds vanilla class guns and stuff related to armory.

We also have a kit switcher located in the mod directory that disables and activates weapons you don't what. Hopefully soon we have a new version making it possible to have kits.

Quote from: Cat123 on November 10, 2014, 04:36:09 PM*I'm assuming here that this mod also adds the SF weapons table + tech. This might not be the case, so apologies if that's a X-mod meld.

We don't add any anything particulate except the guns. Every conversion and mod that is based around guns of this mod is made by other mod creators.

Quote from: Nopkar on November 10, 2014, 08:42:05 PMModifying what weapons are in is easy enough, just find the file with all the guns in it and delete the ones you don't want.

We have made a tool for that. So you don't have to delete stuff its in the mod directory. :P

Quote from: Nopkar on November 10, 2014, 08:42:05 PMI imagine an install launcher with a few setup options wouldn't be too superfluous, or maybe a select few content packs like 'World War Pack' 'Modern Firearms' 'Weapons of the Future' etc etc, and you pick and choose what to download?

Meh, it all puts more work on Evul and the people working with him.

We will update the kit switcher to deal with this problem later on description 3 quotes above. :)

Quote from: SundayTuesday on November 11, 2014, 03:00:57 PM
Ikr. Go into mods folder, find project armory and open the folder, and you'll see "Weapons Kit Switcher"...
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 11, 2014, 03:07:15 AM

And that 2 posts also tells about the kit switcher. :P
(SELF NOTE: I think i need to add more information about the program so peple dont misst it.)

Quote from: ToXeye on November 11, 2014, 04:06:07 AM
Rename Lasgun to Flashlight and lower the stats. Joking.

Already done ;)

Quote from: Nopkar on November 10, 2014, 04:25:20 AMmind-meltingly useful! love it! I really appreciate the effort you and your team puts into this, you guys are awesome! I've made one or two little additions myself and its tedious at best so to have all of these fine guns all laid out, its wonderful!

Indeed here is also the finished update of the categories: :D

Hers a picture! :D

Nopkar

found the disconnect between us asking for a way to remove guns and this 'kit switcher' you guys keep talking about.

TTM does not provide this in the download ^.^ Easy enough to solve, just download this PA and copy the kit switcher to the TTM-Project Armory folder and boom, you have the ability to remove any weapon you want from the game. :P

Evul

Nopkar

Posting for clarity-

This is what TTM downloads, fresh download only a few minutes go, proof with timestamps

This is what I did to fix it:P

So far its working in game and everything. again, just wanting to be clear on what I was saying...if you download TTM and want to modify what guns are included in-game with Project Armory and TTM, you can make it easy with that kit switcher which is found within the actual project armory download

Cat123

Quote from: Evul on November 13, 2014, 01:14:57 AMWe use a excel file for bullet damage and speed With different kind of ammunition parameter (MG DMG/Speed, AS-Rifle DMG/Speed, S-Rifle DMG/Speed, Rifle DMG/Speed, SMG DMG/Speed, Pistol DMG/Speed.). This makes the damage the same on pretty much every weapon cause we follow the vanilla weapons damage patterns. The Sci fie weapons may some times suck man that is for balancing reasons and they follow the vanilla damage pattern. Many of the balancing of the weapons are made by changing amount of bullets fired accuracy and warmup and cooldown time.

We had one form with all accuracy, speed etc. before with all stats but it was poorly updated. (Will probably make one again. Cause we need one)

Could you either post it, or better yet, bundle it with your mod please? And does it contain the vanilla data as well?

Due to the insanity that is both vanilla and this mod having numerous byzantine Earth weapons, it's very hard to tell which ones are from the mod and which ones are from the vanilla without poring over XML in notepad++. Can't do a diff either, as everyone is using different name conventions: whatever happened to merely adding to the same base file >.<

Oh - and "This makes the damage the same on pretty much every weapon cause we follow the vanilla weapons damage patterns.". I knew something was deeply wrong with both vanilla and this mod, thanks for making it 100% confirmed. There's no point to having <infinite> weapons if they're all functionally the same! Worse yet, there's no fucking point to having a tech progression (6+ workbenches!!) if prior tech levels do greater or equal damage. >.< (Note: I'm aware that <sniper> types have a hidden bonus due to instant kill head shots / chance for instant death on body shots).

Thanks for the response: the actual file would be great though. There's a 40K purging of the unclean about to happen regarding old Earth weapons (and Trademarked properties ;) )

Nopkar

so many guns :( This would normally be a good thing but when you're trying to balance them it kinda sucks! Correcting some continuity errors (12.7x99 (.50BMG) with the Barrett's doing 42 damage but the M2 Browning which uses the same round doing only 15 or a sniper rifle doing more damage than another regular assault rifle using the same caliber.)

I want to go further and change the accuracy of the weapons in correlation with their length/function/recoil and the skill of the pawns. I want to put a heavy emphasis on skill, more so than it already is and the guns play a 'slightly' smaller role in the accuracy unless there is an aid (sniper rifles with scopes).

I will also be changing fire rates for certain weapons based on roles and their intended fire specs will correlate into changed accuracy values. Most of this work has been done but i'm tweaking it and testing for more intense fights.

Question: Do damage values of halves work or are they rounded? like 7.5 damage instead of 7 or 8?

Evul

Quote from: Cat123 on November 13, 2014, 05:00:58 PMCould you either post it, or better yet, bundle it with your mod please? And does it contain the vanilla data as well?

Will see what i can do :) The document only contain damage and bullet speed noting else. We are currently updating it to the new format.

Quote from: Cat123 on November 13, 2014, 05:00:58 PMDue to the insanity that is both vanilla and this mod having numerous byzantine Earth weapons, it's very hard to tell which ones are from the mod and which ones are from the vanilla without poring over XML in notepad++. Can't do a diff either, as everyone is using different name conventions: whatever happened to merely adding to the same base file >.<

An easy way to tell it is just looking at them. the Mod textures (due to game mechanics) make them a little bit funky on far distances. Also the vanilla weapons are the following
We only change the texture on the Pistol and several names on already existing weapons.

Quote from: Cat123 on November 13, 2014, 05:00:58 PMOh - and "This makes the damage the same on pretty much every weapon cause we follow the vanilla weapons damage patterns.". I knew something was deeply wrong with both vanilla and this mod, thanks for making it 100% confirmed. There's no point to having <infinite> weapons if they're all functionally the same! Worse yet, there's no fucking point to having a tech progression (6+ workbenches!!) if prior tech levels do greater or equal damage. >.< (Note: I'm aware that <sniper> types have a hidden bonus due to instant kill head shots / chance for instant death on body shots).

The snipers have high damage and body parts don't have that much health to protect against high damage. Other weapons like the UZI, PISTOL and M16 have less damage. That makes it possible for a pawn to withstand more hits. The M24 (vanilla sniper) does 40 damage. while the M16 do 7.

Quote from: Nopkar on November 13, 2014, 11:50:36 PMso many guns :( This would normally be a good thing but when you're trying to balance them it kinda sucks! Correcting some continuity errors (12.7x99 (.50BMG) with the Barrett's doing 42 damage but the M2 Browning which uses the same round doing only 15 or a sniper rifle doing more damage than another regular assault rifle using the same caliber.)

All the weapons follow the vanilla format. If the M2 Browning did the same damage as the Barrett all pawns fighting against that would prity much instant die.

12,7x99mm NATO
Machinegun:
DMG: 12 Speed: 50
Sniper Rifle:
DMG: 45 Speed: 90

Why the damage is different here is because:
1 - To simulate the snipers aiming and carefully picking a killing shot.
2 - Do make it even possible to get near a pawn with a M2 Browning.
3 - to have some kind of balance in the mod. In early version the damage on the caliber were exactly the same (40) on all 12,7x99mm NATO bullets which proved to be weary unbalanced.

But it exist sub mods changing the damage etc if you don't like the vanilla damages. :)

Quote from: Nopkar on November 13, 2014, 11:50:36 PMI want to go further and change the accuracy of the weapons in correlation with their length/function/recoil and the skill of the pawns. I want to put a heavy emphasis on skill, more so than it already is and the guns play a 'slightly' smaller role in the accuracy unless there is an aid (sniper rifles with scopes).

It is something we are currently looking at. The accuracy system it self uses a rather interesting mechanic. You are free to do any kind of changes on the weapon as you want. :)

Here is a description on how the accuracy system work:

QuoteAs i understand from Ty's description:

A weapon with 100 range (for easy reference and calculation)
whould have accuracyTouch up to 4 squres and accuracyShort 15 etc.

A weapon with 40 range whould have accuracyTouch 1,6 accuracyShort 6 accuracyMedium 12 accuracyLong 20.

The accuracy it self cant have more then 100% aka 1.0

Here is the old conversion tab Ty used when first introduced the accuracy system:
* range 4 15 30 50

old_accuracy
1 79% 42% 18% 6%
2 85% 55% 30% 13%
3 89% 64% 41% 22%
4 91% 71% 50% 32%
5 93% 77% 59% 42%
6 95% 83% 68% 53%
7 96% 87% 77% 64%
8 98% 92% 85% 76%
9 99% 96% 92% 88%
10 100% 100% 100% 100%

Quote from: Nopkar on November 13, 2014, 11:50:36 PMI will also be changing fire rates for certain weapons based on roles and their intended fire specs will correlate into changed accuracy values. Most of this work has been done but i'm tweaking it and testing for more intense fights.

Also something we are looking at but will be priority after the accuracy and damage fix. ^^

Quote from: Nopkar on November 13, 2014, 11:50:36 PMQuestion: Do damage values of halves work or are they rounded? like 7.5 damage instead of 7 or 8?

From my understanding, yes it works. One of the vanilla weapon used a decimal earlier if I'm not mistaking. :)
But the decimal would not make that much of a effect. Cause health is calculated in each bodypart. For instance a human head have 30 health (The values can be found here "...\RimWorld583Win\Mods\Core\Defs\BodyPartDefsBodyParts.xml")

Evul

New devbuild is released

New devbuild is released go to the tesbuild for more information.

Report bugs or things that need to be balanced on the devbuild on the testboard!

Go to the testboard here: