[A10] Project Armory (v.3.00)

Started by Evul, February 05, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Evul on December 31, 2014, 02:41:43 PM
Edit: Aren't law's reloadable?? I thought so :P

Nah, M72 are preloaded and you throw them away after firing, RPG-7 is reloadable.

Also a suggestion, if you're gonna change the H&K in weapon names make it HK, since that is actually a common abbreviation of the company name (unlike HoK).
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Evul

They are named H&K in game and HoK in the file and code.
The rename is done on the file and on thing DefName and will not effect in-game names :) Just to avoid xml errors cause xml Can't handle & letter.

So they are still named H&K ingame :)

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on December 31, 2014, 02:53:14 PM
Quote from: Evul on December 31, 2014, 02:41:43 PM
Edit: Aren't law's reloadable?? I thought so :P

Nah, M72 are preloaded and you throw them away after firing, RPG-7 is reloadable.

Ah allright but I am still considering making launchers once use only and also cheaper. :) If people are way to much against it I will reconsider.

StalkerCZ

Yo .. not like Rpg.7 Law is for one shoot and twrow it away.. rpg is realodable many times as you had ammo.. also more rocket launchers.. but law is only for one use same lake rpg 75 ..  8)
Project Armory v1.17
Project Catering v1.3

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Evul on December 31, 2014, 02:57:24 PM
They are named H&K in game and HoK in the file and code.
The rename is done on the file and on thing DefName and will not effect in-game names :) Just to avoid xml errors cause xml Can't handle & letter.

So they are still named H&K ingame :)

Ah, okay then. I had assumed the change would affect ingame names as well.

QuoteAh allright but I am still considering making launchers once use only and also cheaper. :) If people are way to much against it I will reconsider.

Well, if you want disposable launchers you could always implement some more RPGs like the RPG-28 wink wink nudge nudge. Then you could also leave the 7 as it is and have it be a bit more unique as a result.

Evul

dustysniper

I'm guessing from the picture posted some the weapons damages and ranges are based off game balance not to represent the real world weapon itself? Just a little heads up a m249 is considered a LMG not a HMG your thinking about the m240B or m240L (the newer version). I dont know how much you care but the m4a2 is common in line units now and the m4a3 is common in regiment and is now being distributed to line units, the a1 is pretty outdated. Also have you considered making a 60mm mortar system? Its incredibly common and probably the most casualty producing individual weapon on the battlefield in current wars. All your machine guns are considered assault rifles too.

Evul

Quote from: dustysniper on December 31, 2014, 05:43:06 PM
I'm guessing from the picture posted some the weapons damages and ranges are based off game balance not to represent the real world weapon itself? Just a little heads up a m249 is considered a LMG not a HMG your thinking about the m240B or m240L (the newer version).

Yes the mod follow the the vanilla game damage system. But have ammo and weapon based damage. That means that all the assault rifle with the 5.56x45mm have all the same damage. While the LMGs with same damage have lower damage. And Pistols if any high and sniper rifles have extream high damage. To match the aim.

Will take a look at the m249 :)

Quote from: dustysniper on December 31, 2014, 05:43:06 PMI dont know how much you care but the m4a2 is common in line units now and the m4a3 is common in regiment and is now being distributed to line units, the a1 is pretty outdated.

I do care :) Cause I find it interesting :) will look them over and add them :) I am also remaking the M4A1 currently in the mod so I will make the other versions while I'm at it :)

Quote from: dustysniper on December 31, 2014, 05:43:06 PMAlso have you considered making a 60mm mortar system? Its incredibly common and probably the most casualty producing individual weapon on the battlefield in current wars.

Yes I try to make it back pack carrible :)

dustysniper

The m249 is a 5.56mm area suppression weapon primarily used to keep the heads down while assaulting flank units make progress. The 240B and L have the same idea in mind but a heavier 7.62 used primarily to engage entrenched enemies and vehicles. If you ever heard the term talking guns thats the goal of the 240s.  249s are used in the assaults being a lot lighter. 240s are heavy and 762 is a heavy round to carry their typically meant to be used as a entrenched machine gun and the 249 as an assaulting machine gun.

The m2 is a .50cal you dont even have to hit soft shell targets and itll take limbs off 12 damage seems low? The most common sniper rifle for victor qualified infantry is the m24a2 and a3. Its a 7.62mm rifle with a tri 4x/8x/16x scope. Would be another neat addition. The m110 is also pretty common now a days. Take a look at all of them their all pretty neat weapons. And this mod is awesome and cant wait to see more updates.

StalkerCZ

Ya i know.. about real weappn power.. but you must feel about that game.. if we make a sniper as real
. Ect.. barret m82a1 there will we shot distance all over the map.. and this will be realy 《fu.....》 .. we try to keep wanila weapons as the midle of our line and try to change all of the weapon stats as it posible to have every weapon excelent.. :)  that is too hard
... but we worko  them .. thanksa a lot..

Ps.. my f... phone note 2 get an update and my keyboard fu... up .. sorry for mystske..
Project Armory v1.17
Project Catering v1.3

Evul

Quote from: dustysniper on December 31, 2014, 06:38:12 PM
The m249 is a 5.56mm area suppression weapon primarily used to keep the heads down while assaulting flank units make progress. The 240B and L have the same idea in mind but a heavier 7.62 used primarily to engage entrenched enemies and vehicles. If you ever heard the term talking guns thats the goal of the 240s.  249s are used in the assaults being a lot lighter. 240s are heavy and 762 is a heavy round to carry their typically meant to be used as a entrenched machine gun and the 249 as an assaulting machine gun.

The m2 is a .50cal you dont even have to hit soft shell targets and itll take limbs off 12 damage seems low? The most common sniper rifle for victor qualified infantry is the m24a2 and a3. Its a 7.62mm rifle with a tri 4x/8x/16x scope. Would be another neat addition. The m110 is also pretty common now a days. Take a look at all of them their all pretty neat weapons. And this mod is awesome and cant wait to see more updates.

Will take this with me when i look at the weapon! Thx!
Many thx much appreciated! Glad you like the mod :)

Currently fixing the cost of the weapons. :)
But before that i got a little bit carried away... (see attachments)

[attachment deleted due to age]

NoImageAvailable

StalkerCZ

Project Armory v1.17
Project Catering v1.3

Evul

As normal i'm working on a accruasy system:Download the PDF

The PDF contains:
Vanilla Weapon Values.
Pawn appeal/weapon money max and min and also tags.
Mod converter on estimated values min and max.

please tell me what people think
http://dev.evul.nu/mantis/view.php?id=257

Evul

Exsample documentation:

[attachment deleted due to age]

NoImageAvailable

Hey Evul, since you're fixing stuff for the next release, I found some minor errors: the description for the VSS is broken (question marks where Cyrillic letters should be) and the RPD is classed as modern weapon instead of WWII. And as a final nitpick, not every gun with 7.62mm caliber fires 7.62mm NATO ;) (e.g. RPD fires 7.62x39 Soviet, not 7.62x51 NATO)