[A10] Project Armory (v.3.00)

Started by Evul, February 05, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on January 01, 2015, 11:27:33 AM
Hey Evul, since you're fixing stuff for the next release, I found some minor errors: the description for the VSS is broken (question marks where Cyrillic letters should be)
Ok then i think i'll remove them. Will add it to a task in a bit. :)

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on January 01, 2015, 11:27:33 AMand the RPD is classed as modern weapon instead of WWII.
Actually they exist form both. :P
But yeah i will fix that.

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on January 01, 2015, 11:27:33 AMAnd as a final nitpick, not every gun with 7.62mm caliber fires 7.62mm NATO ;) (e.g. RPD fires 7.62x39 Soviet, not 7.62x51 NATO)

Oh. Thanks and good to point it out1 But the damage will probably be the same as the as the NATO one but i will fix it. :)
Task will be added soon :)

Evul

NEW WAY, THAT I ALWAYS WANTED, TO HANDLE THE BULLETS!

All ammunition will be in a separate file named something like BulletDef that file will handle all the bullets. All the weapon then read the Bullet file and searches for the right caliber.
Example: The Gun_AK47_PA need the Bullet_762x39mmM43M67_AR_PA and there for select that.

Bullet_762x39mmM43M67_AR_PA
Bullet_ = is just a tag to show that its a bullet.
762x39mmM43M67_ = its the caliber in this case: 7.62x39mm M43/M67
AR_ = Assault Rifle
PA = Project Armory Tag.

EDIT:

And here are the new improved AK-47:

Evul

I whould need some help! if some one is willing and is quick with a Microsoft word i would loooooove it!

Its about the documentation. I need some that is awesome. Help me run thro the list of weapon and add the values in to the form.

That whould get me long way of adjusting the cost and fix the accruasy/damage bullet etc.

If you also whant to help out with adjusting cost and fix the accruasy/damage bullet etc... youre also more then welcome to help out with that to. ^^

MaxtheINFINITE

Sweet,this mod became alpha8 compatible just when i was like:
"So many colonists,but i need different guns!"
B20A TD05-16g 276hp. Daily driven.

Evul

Hehe. I usually arm my defence squad with the same weapons :)
Or diffrent versions to have a colony standard :)

dustysniper

The RPK is considered a cold war era weapon. I think its invention was in the late 1950s. It still used by eastern european military and the middle east. I dont know much about the weapon besides shooting it once on deployment. But it had a ton of kick and was heavy as all hell and no recoil spring. I think their are newer models of the rpk now too.

I am surprised you haven't put the m1 grand in the world war weapons? Its probably the most nostalgic weapon for Americans from that era.  Im loving the mod and I wanted to let you know I understand you cant make some gun super guns like the m2 and run balance issues. I haven't found a m2 yet but I swear I saw a picture of someone carrying one?

Evul

Thank you for you support :)
I am actually making a total overhaule of the weapons now. To fix cost andadding tags making it possible to make some weapons more faction freandly. For exsample the star wars weapons have a tag saying StarWars and ImperialStormtroopers so people can easy make a faction only spawn with those weapons and simular to other. I also fixing some other Smal issues and moving the bullet def to a completely new file. The cost adjustment makes it possible fore some weapos to appear easier then other exsample the AK47 is sheep and is able to be carried by prity much anyone. It's 110 and the town guards and civilians have 150 as there money roof.

The M2 is in the game I am also making that gun function differently. It will use the minigun as a template but slower and more,damage and less bullets. And a bit slower loading time. :)

I thought I had the M1 ^^ but I did not will add it as soon as I added all the MP5 variants and fixed the existing others. I also have a huge I mean a huge bunch of Warhammer bolters coming up to my XML table. (your awesome Plymouth).

EDIT:
Forgot about the first part xD
I am currently reworking it I am questioning the categorize system we have cause it will be diffrent once the community Launcher is relesed cause it have our kit switcher system implemented.

dustysniper

Im saying you could use the m2 as a emplaced weapon. Like a turret but have it set up like a mortar so that someone can manually man it. That or reduce their move speed and add a emplacement option where they take some time to "set up" the weapon. Would balance it a bit IMO if you raised other stats.. I think the m2 without the barrel is 90lbs. Which is incredibly heavy. And no man would be able to fire it from the hip.

AK-74 is also a neat weapon. I think the AK 105 is replacing the 74 sometime soon. From what Ive heard about it, it uses "modern hardened" plastics and is half the weight of the 74 (i cant confirm that just by word of mouth), shoots a lower caliber round and has a built in flash suppresser. I have no problem helping you out with modifying values in the word document. I just dont know what Im doing so some direction first before I mess something up and Id be willing to help you out.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: dustysniper on January 02, 2015, 08:14:29 PM
The RPK is considered a cold war era weapon. I think its invention was in the late 1950s. It still used by eastern european military and the middle east. I dont know much about the weapon besides shooting it once on deployment. But it had a ton of kick and was heavy as all hell and no recoil spring. I think their are newer models of the rpk now too.

RPK was introduced in 1961 and its only marginally heavier than a reguler AK-47, are you sure you're talking about the RPK (i.e. regular 47 with heavier barrel and 45 round mag) here? I don't see it anywhere in the current release or roadmap either, is it planned for the future or something?

Also, AK-105 is the carbine version of the 74M but none of the AK-100's are in use with the Russian military, they're all for export/sporting. The successor to the AK-74M is the AK-12, which can switch calibers on the fly but only between existing ones (IIRC regular version supports 5.45x39, 5.56x45, 7.62x39 and a heavy version can fire 7.62x51 and presumably 7.62x54), so far I haven't heard anything about plans for a new round.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

dustysniper

Like I kinda said I don't know really anything about the ak-105. I just got some things from word of mouth. And from what I know about the RPK it was invented in the late 1950s and was introduced in the early 1960s for use. I thought the mags were 45 and 75?

Evul

An ak serie is coming up :)
Will make sure to add it later to the bug tracker.

A AK47 is currently in the devbuild atleast :)

You wanted to help out with the documentation dustysniper?
I can give you access to the internal devbuild so you can get the proper values :) also suggest new ones :)
Add me on Skype and we can speak more: cold.evil

LittleMikey

Quote from: Evul on January 01, 2015, 06:42:21 PM
I whould need some help! if some one is willing and is quick with a Microsoft word i would loooooove it!

Its about the documentation. I need some that is awesome. Help me run thro the list of weapon and add the values in to the form.

That whould get me long way of adjusting the cost and fix the accruasy/damage bullet etc.

If you also whant to help out with adjusting cost and fix the accruasy/damage bullet etc... youre also more then welcome to help out with that to. ^^

I should be able to help with that. I'm also happy to proofread anything if you need it.

Evul

Do you have Microsoft Office word? :)
I can make a split so you guys can work without collapse and duplicated.
Also I need to give you the internal dev build add me on Skype and a PM will be sent :)

LittleMikey

Quote from: Evul on January 03, 2015, 11:49:42 PM
Do you have Microsoft Office word? :)
I can make a split so you guys can work without collapse and duplicated.
Also I need to give you the internal dev build add me on Skype and a PM will be sent :)

PM'd you

Dragoon

Have you ever thought bout doing a laser bow? (like a cyberpunk(err space)- no wait uh star wars clones wars http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nightsister_energy_bow maybe the color of the energy could be based on the material? (would be awesome to see a silver arrow shoot out XD)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.