[A10] Project Armory (v.3.00)

Started by Evul, February 05, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goo Poni

Bowcaster. FC3:Blood Dragon bow. There's also a film I forget the name of that came out in the past couple years set in either Greek or Roman times that featured a bow of light.

Evul

Here is a little gamplay and showcase of rimworld and some mods.

RimWorld Gamplay Showcase of my latest colony:
http://youtu.be/ElibgnJTaZ8

Evul

JonoRig

Cool showcase, but i noticed you have called the Beret a "Barret"

Evul

Vonholtz

I just got the game 2 weeks back. And this was the first mod I put on the game. I love it I have all the guns on. So my people are all running around with what ever weapons I have got my hands on. So fare the best gun I have found was the M41A Pulse Rifle from the aliens movie. But the boy AT rife is a nice one shot one kill weapon. To bad my sniper one shot killed one of his own people with it. Oh well it still a lot of fun.  :o Thank you for a fun mod.

Evul

Quote from: Vonholtz on January 08, 2015, 07:36:16 PM
I just got the game 2 weeks back. And this was the first mod I put on the game. I love it I have all the guns on. So my people are all running around with what ever weapons I have got my hands on. So fare the best gun I have found was the M41A Pulse Rifle from the aliens movie. But the boy AT rife is a nice one shot one kill weapon. To bad my sniper one shot killed one of his own people with it. Oh well it still a lot of fun.  :o Thank you for a fun mod.

Thank you! :)
I am rewriting all the weapons at the moment and the pulserifle are going to be nerfed :)

Quote from: 1010101010 on January 08, 2015, 10:50:04 PM
Dawn.of.War.II weapon pack

Next release will contain a huge bunch of Warhammer 40k weapons. :)

Evul

Been working on a way to calculate values etc on weapons.
Currently i have following systems and i rely need help fine tuning them. But here code follows:

AS = Assault Rifle
HMG = Heavy Machine Gun
L = Launcher
LMG = Light Machine Gun
P = Pistol
R = Rifle
S = Shotgun
SMG = Submachine gun
SR = Sniper Rifle

EAS = Energy Assault Rifle
EHMG = Energy Heavy Machine Gun
EL = Energy Launcher
ELMG = Energy Light Machine Gun
EP = Energy Pistol
ER = Energy Rifle
ESMG = Energy Submachine gun
ESR = Energy Sniper Rifle

Weapon cost chart:
Weapon Classes Vanilla Value Available Mod Value
AS 325 100  to  800
HMG 900 400  to 1200
LMG 350 180  to  900
P 60 30  to  120
R 190 95  to  500
S 175 90  to  500
SMG 200 90  to  600
SR 370 160  to 1000

ticksBetweenBurstShots
AS
Average Cyclic Rate of Fire = ( [Cyclic rate of fire min] + [Cyclic rate of fire top] ) / 2
*(If only one value use that and ignore this.)

ticksBetweenBurstShots = -[Average Cyclic Rate of Fire] * 0,009 + 14

SMG
Average Cyclic Rate of Fire = ( [Cyclic rate of fire min] + [Cyclic rate of fire top] ) / 2
*(If only one value use that and ignore this.)

ticksBetweenBurstShots = -[Average Cyclic Rate of Fire] * 0,009 + 12

Experimental:

Assault Rifles Damage: [Ballistic Performers Energy (J)] / 250 = Damage
Assault Rifles Speed: [Ballistic Performers Velocity (m/s)] * 0.0745 = Speed
Pistol Damage: [Ballistic Performers Energy (J)] / / 60 = Damage
Pistol Speed: [Ballistic Performers Velocity (m/s)] * 0.14 = Speed
SMG Damage: [Ballistic Performers Energy (J)] / / 150 = Damage
SMG Speed: [Ballistic Performers Velocity (m/s)] / 10 * 1.4 = Speed !!!Gets to high!!!

Vonholtz

I have been playing with your mod now for a week. I have found one small thing wrong. In the equipment racks and stockpile the Bolter name shows up twice. in the list for add or removing them from said zones or racks. The text is the same and as fare as I can tell I think the stats are the same to. But it just names it twice.

I hope this helps it a small thing but I just saw it earlier today when I was playing.  :)

Hand

Hey Evul, gotta say Ive been using this mod pretty much from day 1 and I love how its grown and the sheer volume of variety its added the the game is awesome.

However i have a question, are you guys only going to be focusing of the portable weaponry side of things? or is there a possibility you may look at add some static defenses too?

There are so many sci-fi sentry guns out there, aliens sentry, warhammer tarantula (bolter las-cannon and missile variants). star wars blaster turret ect i would love to have a base with some better/random defense turrets guarding it.

I know there are already some turret mods out there however and Im currently using one of them but they all seem focused on adding variants of the basic vanilla turret. it would be nice to take a couple of the spare bolters i have laying about, strap them to a turret base and boom im protected by rapid fire explody death machines ;P

i hope you might consider this for a future expansion, it would help us put use to those stockpiles of weapons we build up from massacring pirates and raiders.

Hand

Quote from: Vonholtz on January 11, 2015, 06:32:21 AM
I have been playing with your mod now for a week. I have found one small thing wrong. In the equipment racks and stockpile the Bolter name shows up twice. in the list for add or removing them from said zones or racks. The text is the same and as fare as I can tell I think the stats are the same to. But it just names it twice.

I hope this helps it a small thing but I just saw it earlier today when I was playing.  :)

Thats because there are 2 bolters in the game, one red and one black they are individual entities so the game see's them as 2 individual item types however they have the same stats (i think).

SadisticNemesis

So I remember a long time ago when I last posted on this thread, I recall you saying you was going to make armour in this mod pack too? was this thought abandoned? :/

StalkerCZ

Quote from: SadisticNemesis on January 11, 2015, 08:44:58 AM
So I remember a long time ago when I last posted on this thread, I recall you saying you was going to make armour in this mod pack too? was this thought abandoned? :/
work in progress .. :)  you could see roadmap progress at Our mantis
Project Armory v1.17
Project Catering v1.3

Evul

Quote from: Hand on January 11, 2015, 07:19:59 AM
Quote from: Vonholtz on January 11, 2015, 06:32:21 AM

Thats because there are 2 bolters in the game, one red and one black they are individual entities so the game see's them as 2 individual item types however they have the same stats (i think).

That is correct :) They have exactly the same stats. They only have different skin. But they are being reworked as for all other weapons in the mod. :)

Quote from: SadisticNemesis on January 11, 2015, 08:44:58 AM

StalkerCZ awnserd your question :)
http://dev.evul.nu/mantis

Quote from: Hand on January 11, 2015, 07:17:38 AM
Hey Evul, gotta say Ive been using this mod pretty much from day 1 and I love how its grown and the sheer volume of variety its added the the game is awesome.

However i have a question, are you guys only going to be focusing of the portable weaponry side of things? or is there a possibility you may look at add some static defenses too?

There are so many sci-fi sentry guns out there, aliens sentry, warhammer tarantula (bolter las-cannon and missile variants). star wars blaster turret ect i would love to have a base with some better/random defense turrets guarding it.

I know there are already some turret mods out there however and Im currently using one of them but they all seem focused on adding variants of the basic vanilla turret. it would be nice to take a couple of the spare bolters i have laying about, strap them to a turret base and boom im protected by rapid fire explody death machines ;P

i hope you might consider this for a future expansion, it would help us put use to those stockpiles of weapons we build up from massacring pirates and raiders.

I have some turret planed:
http://dev.evul.nu/mantis/view.php?id=343
http://dev.evul.nu/mantis/view.php?id=328
http://dev.evul.nu/mantis/view.php?id=298
http://dev.evul.nu/mantis/view.php?id=153

But its a low priority. Also if we add them we what them to be more special. The mortar for exsample #343 is one of the "turrets" I've been working on. I wanted them to be like the sculpture and be able to be moved around. (If you manage to fix it it would be awesome. The demo none working code is in the task :) )