[A10] Project Armory (v.3.00)

Started by Evul, February 05, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on January 15, 2015, 06:39:13 PM
Quote from: Evul on January 14, 2015, 03:40:09 AM
Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on January 13, 2015, 06:08:45 PM
Can you look at Company of Heroes 2? I'm sure it will give you some ideas for WW2 weaponry.

Are there a weapon in particular in CoH2 you whant us to look at? :)
We will probably add more weapons from WW2 weapons as soon as all our current weapons are updated. :)

Germans
Do you have kar98's or FG42 / FjG42, (light machine guns), or the average gewehr. Model 24 Stielhandgranate (Stick Grenade / Potato Masher), the best grenade in WW2. Panzerfaust. Like a Panzerschreck, but disposable. And Panzerschrecks have those cool shields on them. Sturmgewehr 44 (StG44) Obersodalten sometimes had them with the first scope that caught heat. Maschinenpistole 44 (MP44)
Plus, their regular mortar. It might need 2 people to crew, GrW 34

This is Russians:
Degtyarev PTRD 1941 (PTRD-41) anti-tank Rifle. Could shred infantry. And much much more!

Cool!
I'll add them to our task list as soon as i can :)

Evul

Topic: [MOD] (Alpha 8) Project Armory (v.2.17)  (Read 150000 times)
Impressive!

We are looking for people go to our recruitment board to find out more! :D
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2265.0

Evelyn

For the record, The MP44 and the Sturmgewehr 44 are the same gun. There is no such thing as the "Obersoldaten". There was an Oberkommando (der Wehrmacht and des Heeres) but they were essentially the equivalent to a general staff. Also, the Stielhandgranate 24 was not "the best grenade in WW2", especially considering that different grenades had very different purposes. I'd personally say the best grenade of World War 2 was the Anti-Tank No. 74, but that is of course for use against tanks.

Edit: Also, the Fallschirmjaegergewehr was not a light machinegun.

Evul

Quote from: Evelyn on January 15, 2015, 09:11:12 PM
For the record, The MP44 and the Sturmgewehr 44 are the same gun. There is no such thing as the "Obersoldaten". There was an Oberkommando (der Wehrmacht and des Heeres) but they were essentially the equivalent to a general staff. Also, the Stielhandgranate 24 was not "the best grenade in WW2", especially considering that different grenades had very different purposes. I'd personally say the best grenade of World War 2 was the Anti-Tank No. 74, but that is of course for use against tanks.

Edit: Also, the Fallschirmjaegergewehr was not a light machinegun.

Alright, but we have a research policy in the team that force you to researcher the weapon a bit before making it ^^

Evelyn

I forgot to quote. That was directed at Iwillbenicetou.

Evul

Quote from: Evelyn on January 15, 2015, 09:37:04 PM
I forgot to quote. That was directed at Iwillbenicetou.

I know but answered anyway. :)

Morrigi

For some reason, the FN FAL and M60 are only doing 6 damage, despite being chambered in 7.62x51 NATO, a fairly powerful rifle round. For reference, the M-16 does 7 and the P90, a submachine gun, also does 6. Also, the KRISS Vector does 9 damage, more than most of the assault rifles in-game. It's a submachine gun. In addition, the M14 EBR does the same damage as various rifles that fire less powerful rounds, the AKS-74U is claiming that it's a compact AK-47 in its description. Oh, and the .50 BMG sniper rifles are doing well over 3 times the damage of the M2 Browning, which fires the same round.

This is all stuff I've noticed in the space of five minutes, and because of this, I think this mod is in real need of standardization of damage for various kinds of ammo, standardization that makes some kind of sense. Guns in 5.56x45 should do less damage than those in 7.62x51, but more than your average pistol round. Guns shooting the same ammunition should do (approximately) the same damage. Calibers with roughly the same kinetic energy should do roughly the same damage. If real-world weapons are going to be in the mod, they should vaguely align with their real-world capabilities in relation to one another.

dbltap441

Wow Evul I love all the new updates for this mod since i've been gone

Evul

Quote from: Morrigi on January 15, 2015, 10:30:17 PM
For some reason, the FN FAL and M60 are only doing 6 damage, despite being chambered in 7.62x51 NATO, a fairly powerful rifle round. For reference, the M-16 does 7 and the P90, a submachine gun, also does 6. Also, the KRISS Vector does 9 damage, more than most of the assault rifles in-game. It's a submachine gun. In addition, the M14 EBR does the same damage as various rifles that fire less powerful rounds, the AKS-74U is claiming that it's a compact AK-47 in its description. Oh, and the .50 BMG sniper rifles are doing well over 3 times the damage of the M2 Browning, which fires the same round.

This is all stuff I've noticed in the space of five minutes, and because of this, I think this mod is in real need of standardization of damage for various kinds of ammo, standardization that makes some kind of sense. Guns in 5.56x45 should do less damage than those in 7.62x51, but more than your average pistol round. Guns shooting the same ammunition should do (approximately) the same damage. Calibers with roughly the same kinetic energy should do roughly the same damage. If real-world weapons are going to be in the mod, they should vaguely align with their real-world capabilities in relation to one another.

We are making a complete fix and balance work at the moment. We have a formula we are using for damage, speed, range and ticksBetweenBurstShots and i am slowly changing all the weapons to this standard. We don't yet have a formula for Warmup, Cooldown, accuracy and cost but i am trying to figure something out but that's a future issue. The important one is that damage speed etc match.

Here are a example of our formulas for a Assault Rifle:
range = ( ( [Velocity] / 20) + ( [Barrel Length] / 20 ) / 4 ) + 16.2
ticksBetweenBurstShots = -[Average Cyclic Rate of Fire] * 0,009 + 14
damage = ( [ENERGY] / 500 ) + 3
speed = ( [VELOCITY] / 200 ) + 65

The number at the end is a "Adjustment Value" it makes them match the vanilla values.

As an example for a bullet the 7.62x51mm NATO look like this:

<!-- ============================================================== -->
<!-- 7.62x51mm NATO -->
<!-- Velocity:   833 m/s -->
<!-- Energy:   3,304 J -->
<!-- ============================================================== -->

<!-- ASSAULT RIFLE -->
<ThingDef ParentName="BaseBullet">
<defName>Bullet_762x51mmNATO_AR_PA</defName>
<label>7.62x51mm NATO</label>
<graphicPath>Things/Projectile/Bullet_Big</graphicPath>
<graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
<projectile>
<damageDef>Bullet</damageDef>
<DamageAmountBase>10</DamageAmountBase>
<Speed>69</Speed>
</projectile>
</ThingDef>

<!-- SNIPER RIFLE -->
<ThingDef ParentName="BaseBullet">
<defName>Bullet_762x51mmNATO_SR_PA</defName>
<label>7.62x51mm NATO</label>
<graphicPath>Things/Projectile/Bullet_Big</graphicPath>
<graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
<projectile>
<damageDef>Bullet</damageDef>
<DamageAmountBase>34</DamageAmountBase>
<Speed>89</Speed>
</projectile>
</ThingDef>

EDIT: We have made caliber classes a Sniper Rifle (SR) have higher damage to simulate a fatal aim. And a Assault Rifle (AR) have lower to have a stained combat but you are able to fire more and faster.

EDIT 2: i have added some of the new fixed weapons to the wiki page

Quote from: dbltap441 on January 15, 2015, 10:33:11 PM
Wow Evul I love all the new updates for this mod since i've been gone

Did not expect to see you here! Welcome back to the forum and thank you :)

Morrigi

Impressive, looks like that will solve the problems.

Evul

Quote from: Morrigi on January 15, 2015, 11:55:54 PM

We hope so :)
It is a relay slow processes cause i am the only one doing this. ^^
I have 24 objects of 153 done...

Morrigi

Quote from: Evul on January 15, 2015, 11:58:36 PM

I would offer to help if I had the time or attention span, but alas

Evul

Quote from: Morrigi on January 16, 2015, 12:13:11 AM
Quote from: Evul on January 15, 2015, 11:58:36 PM

I would offer to help if I had the time or attention span, but alas

I can send you a manual? :D

TrashMan

Will the 40K stuff I sent you make it in?

Plymouth

Quote from: TrashMan on January 16, 2015, 09:15:04 AM
Will the 40K stuff I sent you make it in?
I've downloaded the stuff, but hasn't checked it out yet. In any way it should make it in, with remade texture or not