A dog with no jaw (can't eat)

Started by top_hat_tomato, April 23, 2016, 11:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

top_hat_tomato

Unless there is a mod or some feature that I don't know about, my doggy will die.
Does anyone know of how I can save my dog? It wouldn't even give the option to feed the dog "manually".

makapse

RIP.  Or you can try that nice mod that adds prosthetics for animals. I dont know about animals but a colonist can survive without a jaw, he onlyy has to try 5 times to eat a meal before he finally manages to eat it

Robovski

Jakub k.

PUT HIM IN A CRYPTO SLEEP CASKET!!!!
dont let him die!
when a mod comes out,you just take him out

ParkerFree

Interesting.  I have a llama with a shattered jaw that in theory shouldn't be able to eat, and does starve if left to fend for herself, but when given a hayrack does fine.  I haven't watched to see if it takes her several tries to eat, and now will go watch.  To sum up, give the afflicted animal readily available food without worry of interruption, and they eat (in my experience).
Gaming since the 80s :D

top_hat_tomato

Quote from: makapse on April 23, 2016, 12:01:21 PM
RIP.  Or you can try that nice mod that adds prosthetics for animals. I dont know about animals but a colonist can survive without a jaw, he onlyy has to try 5 times to eat a meal before he finally manages to eat it

I already have that installed, It doesn't add prosthetic jaws (though it does replace limbs).

DeMatt

Quote from: top_hat_tomato on April 23, 2016, 11:57:47 AM
Unless there is a mod or some feature that I don't know about, my doggy will die.
Does anyone know of how I can save my dog? It wouldn't even give the option to feed the dog "manually".
I've seen animals eat without jaws - it just takes them a very very very long time.

Jakub k.

im pretty sure that was in alpha 12.

ParkerFree

I watched that llama with the fractured jaw (her description said she can't eat) but she ate just fine.  Took longer, but eh, so what?
Gaming since the 80s :D

firescythe

Isn't food paste a solution for that?

cultist

Unless things changed since A12, any creature with eating at 0% (none) can still eat, just very very slowly.

Psyra

I've had dogs with their stomachs shot out ("destroyed") that could still eat fine. :P

Vaporisor

Quote from: Psyra on April 26, 2016, 05:00:52 PM
I've had dogs with their stomachs shot out ("destroyed") that could still eat fine. :P

Stomach destroyed is actually a nasty thing.  Even in real life, a person can still get by, but they work much less efficiently and need more processed food.  If you watch a destroyed stomach eat, it takes a long time.  My colonist that had one would be like two hours at the table.  Was painful to watch since he was a hard worker.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes