Some eggs forbidden, some aren't. Why?

Started by nuschler22, April 25, 2016, 02:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuschler22

Is there a reason for this?  Just curious as there will be quite a few eggs near each other with some being allowed and some not.

Thanks.

Aatxe360

Check zones and colonist permissions.  Only suggestion without more info.

Florius

nuschler22

Quote from: Aatxe360 on April 25, 2016, 02:59:51 PM
Check zones and colonist permissions.  Only suggestion without more info.

They are all within the animal zone.  No colonists have restrictions.

nuschler22

Quote from: Florius on April 25, 2016, 03:15:54 PM
Are some fertilized and others not?

I checked that and no.  There were forbidden eggs that were fertilized and unfertilized and 100/100 hit points as well as allowed that were the same.

Endoric

I raise chickens a lot and confirm this.  No rhyme or reason, some forbidden some not.

nuschler22

Quote from: Endoric on April 25, 2016, 04:16:54 PM
I raise chickens a lot and confirm this.  No rhyme or reason, some forbidden some not.

It can be fairly lucrative. 

How do you deal with feeding them?  Previously, I used a hay grow zone as their area, but found out on here that they don't get as much nourishment if they eat it while it grows. 

skullywag

its sets it forbidden if its outside the home area

Thing forbiddenIfOutsideHomeArea = GenSpawn.Spawn(actor.GetComp<CompEggLayer>().ProduceEgg(), actor.Position);
forbiddenIfOutsideHomeArea.SetForbiddenIfOutsideHomeArea();
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

nuschler22

Quote from: skullywag on April 25, 2016, 05:49:07 PM
its sets it forbidden if its outside the home area

Thing forbiddenIfOutsideHomeArea = GenSpawn.Spawn(actor.GetComp<CompEggLayer>().ProduceEgg(), actor.Position);
forbiddenIfOutsideHomeArea.SetForbiddenIfOutsideHomeArea();

Thanks, looks right.

Endoric

Wow thats great.  I want the eggs forbidden because dumb dogs like to eat them. 

As far as feeding the chickens, I tend to do small hills maps and very large grass animal area.  I put a TON of sleeping spots in the zone where I desire them to go at night. I also kill all but 2 or 3 males or sell them.

nuschler22

Quote from: Endoric on April 26, 2016, 07:16:25 PM
Wow thats great.  I want the eggs forbidden because dumb dogs like to eat them. 

As far as feeding the chickens, I tend to do small hills maps and very large grass animal area.  I put a TON of sleeping spots in the zone where I desire them to go at night. I also kill all but 2 or 3 males or sell them.

I tried that, but kept losing them to predators.  I had to pen them up behind wood fences.