[Mod Request] Easier Thrumbo taming/training

Started by Ahenobarbus Henocied, April 27, 2016, 03:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ahenobarbus Henocied

I really like how thrumbos look like and their description, 4 of them passed individually at my colony passing but even having a colonist with 20 Animals skill can't even do anything with a 0.6% chance of tame before they leave the area, hell... even he is struggling unlocking Obedience to a Cobra at 25% chance.

Is there a chance to someone make a mod to increase the chance to lets say, 10% at Godlike rank?, the same value when training the thrumbo to Hauling feature.

Rock5

I haven't tried it yet but I had this idea. Thrumbos seem to like coming near your base. Maybe if you had an enclosed area with an entrance and they entered it you could wall it off trapping them inside. Then you could train them for as long as it takes to tame them.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Reve

Rock5 has a good idea. Another (a little bit risky) way is to down it without killing, make an animal spot in an enclosed area with an access to food, rescue it and heal using medicine (so as there were no infection, because you have to hit it very hard to down a thrumbo).  I also used to see some thrumbos selled by traders in A12. I don't know if they are so common in A13 too.
English is not my native language, so.. feel free to correct me :P

AllenWL

Wait till the thrumbo is asleep, build four walls around it to trap it in a 1x1 room.
When the thrumbo is trapped, build a bigger room around it, then let it out of the 1x1 room.

You now have a trapped thrumbo.

Rock5

Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Bodog999

If you want to tame them easier you could also go into the def files and lower the wilderness I currently have 6 thrumbos with 2 thrumbo calfs and no thrumbo is fully tamed yet after they've been in my colony for a year

Ahenobarbus Henocied

Quote from: Bodog999 on April 28, 2016, 07:25:04 AM
If you want to tame them easier you could also go into the def files and lower the wilderness I currently have 6 thrumbos with 2 thrumbo calfs and no thrumbo is fully tamed yet after they've been in my colony for a year

Recently I realized i can tweak the values of incidents and almost anything in the game, I'll take a look to the files then.

Thanks for the info!

Edit: I can't find the exact xml file which contains the wilderness data of animals, on which Def carpet is located?
Edit 2: Nevermind... found it. If anyone wants to modify the thrumbo's wilderness value the xml file is located at Core\Defs\ThingDefs_Races\Races_Animal_Temperate.xml