[REQUEST] Selective breeding

Started by kulg, April 27, 2016, 08:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kulg

I've been looking for a game for a long time where you can selectively breed animals to effect their skills and/or attributes. (and I couldn't find anyone else saying this on the forums despite my bet efforts) Do you use your muffalos for fighting? only breed the ones with the above average dmg and health. Do you use them for milk/ wool? only breed the ones with the highest yield. Even just something that makes it so that all animals of the same breed don't have all the same stats. Adding some variety ya know?

Toggle

That would be a pretty neat idea in-game. This would be pretty nice as a main game addition even. Although would likely require quite a bit of coding.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Nictis

Currently all the animals have the same stats as the others in their race. Would be a nice little feature, but the min-maxing would put even Pokemon fanatics to rest...

Rock5

I recon it would be a cool feature if not all animals were the same. That way you could look for that best wild animal to spend your time taming instead of just picking any one.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Toggle

I think there's two parts to this. Coding it so animals have varied stats, a few simple traits and 1-2 trait bar(s)? Fast, Slow, Strong, Weak, Healthy, Unhealthy. Something like that. Probably something alone the lines of giving + or - to the such, so traits would be more simple then just straight up changing speed and hitpoints (Hitpoints I imagine would require a whole different system to change them, so)

And then coding it so you can breed them, and have the stats come together, maybe 2 traits on the baby, although that would probably be a nuisance to code then just having 2 originally.

This would def be a cool feature, and the first part could be capable, not without some work though, but for the second I don't even know.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Raccoon

There shoud even some traits like Fat or Skinny, so you can breed the fat ones for more food and the skinny or atleast stronger ones shoud fight or atleast are faster

Rock5

I just had a thought. What makes colonists different? It's their backstories which affect their base stats. Maybe animals could have something similar. Maybe they could have a tab similar to colonists character tab that has some extra descriptive words that affect their base stats.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

rawr161

Also you could have it so that if parents have hereditary conditions there would be a chance of passing in to their offspring.
--RAWR--