Bug? Some age differences between parent and child close.

Started by Vaporisor, April 28, 2016, 12:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaporisor

This is one I just noticed.  While technically not impossible, it is improbably and potentially pushing morals in game?  Fully understand that it is a game and the rim is a rough place.  This one I noticed just kinda made me cringe a bit at the though  ???

Essentially, I had a raid.  One of the raiders was a colonist's mother.  I took a screenshot showing the mafia boss title and noticed that her age was kinda down there.

I then took a peek at her son, turns out mom was 14 at time of a baby boy?

Logically I get it, but that is just.... dang...  14 years, talking a potential for a 13 year old conception?
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Zokora

You need to look at the cronological age of the mom there you got 59 so she was in cryosleep some years after birth. Hence this seems to be ok.

Vaporisor

Quote from: Zokora on April 28, 2016, 01:35:39 AM
You need to look at the cronological age of the mom there you got 59 so she was in cryosleep some years after birth. Hence this seems to be ok.

My mind doesn't agree.  Though in typical video game twisted mentality, I need to make some new bedrooms and am lacking space so I made them share the same double bed >.>
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

ison

Minimum biological age to have children is set to 14 so it's not a bug. We could adjust this value, but it's theoretically possible to have children at the age of 14, though it should happen very rarely. Let's not forget it's just a game.

Tynan

Yeah, you're probably right. We'll adjust it a bit.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog