[ a13 ] Wastelander's Minor mods: Mending

Started by topp2000, April 28, 2016, 01:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notfood

It can use anything, you can replace it yourself in the def in the part where it says fuel. I was thinking about adding an extra item, like, mending materials or something. Crafted from components haha. Maybe...

falcongrey

Quote from: notfood on July 27, 2016, 01:17:58 PM
It can use anything, you can replace it yourself in the def in the part where it says fuel. I was thinking about adding an extra item, like, mending materials or something. Crafted from components haha. Maybe...

First, thanks for taking this and updating it.  Unfortunately without significant changes, not much can be done for balance. One balance I tried to put into it was the need for components to build and repair, mostly due to reality. We are going to need tools and such to repair just about anything. Especially when we get to power armor and weapons of any kind.

If the effort is warranted for the balance, routines to check for the type of item being repaired and then to require specific material such as cloth for cloth clothing, components and or steel (or whatever metal it is made from) for tools and weapons just for examples. I have a feeling at some point near finish, Tynan will come up with something for mending (if he doesn't adopt a mod that does this for him) but not until the game is nearing completion for obvious reasons of more to fix at every update.

And to answer the question about CCL, it adds a layer of complexity that often causes issues with various other mods. Mostly because the other mods didn't conform strictly to requirements for making a mod (in basic, they were lazy coders...) so CCL tends to bring 'over looked oopses' to light in very painful ways... (CTD... corrupted saves.... so on.) And I know, not CCL's fault...

edit:
Other things in earlier conversations was the talk of adding when things are repaired, chances for quality reduction based on skill and max durability to be reduced by a percentage based on the skill.
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

notfood

In HardcoreSK everything needs component, even cloth making. I'm used to that. To be honest, I find vanilla very dull with their material requirements to the points I'm unable to play it.

I'm removing the auto work givers and moving everything back to the concept of bills. I don't know why they did it this way in the first place. Probably because of the under roof restriction but that seems easy to fix as a table element thing (like power).

falcongrey

(You ninja'd my edit! lol)

Quote from: notfood on July 27, 2016, 02:39:50 PM
In HardcoreSK everything needs component, even cloth making. I'm used to that. To be honest, I find vanilla very dull with their material requirements to the points I'm unable to play it.

I'm removing the auto work givers and moving everything back to the concept of bills. I don't know why they did it this way in the first place. Probably because of the under roof restriction but that seems easy to fix as a table element thing (like power).

I wish I understood the coding side of this better so I could have done more (or contributed more) to the ongoing of this mod. It has a lot of potential if it can be balanced.  I do like the concept of HardcoreSK in many ways, though requiring components for cloth work seems a bit steep, considering a needle lasts a LONG time. Near indefinite if taken care of.

EDIT: :o  CCL went onto Steam Workshop!?! (Maybe I'll start using it again...)
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

notfood

whew. Huge overhaul, I rewrote everything. It no longer uses strange item tabs, back to the bill system, you can toogle outside/inside right from the table commands. For the mod packer, you can change everything now, everything! Work to make, the recipes, you don't even need to use them in the same mending table.

I was debating into removing the mend work type, need advice here. Maybe roll it down to crafting? or tailoring? or smithing? It's per table... Removing it would make it save compatible, also uninstallable.

Please test this before I release on Steam. I tested it a lot but there may be issues.

1 component lasts a lot now, 6 more times than previous version. May just make a new item for fuel in next version, mending kit?.

The CCL is optional in the CCL version. If you don't use CCL, it'll spew an error you can ignore.
easymode version has energy halved and component consumption removed.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

BaconBits

I love this mod. I can't seem to live without it, so, I'll give it a test for ya.

Warforyou

Quote from: notfood on July 28, 2016, 08:07:14 PM
whew. Huge overhaul, I rewrote everything. It no longer uses strange item tabs, back to the bill system, you can toogle outside/inside right from the table commands. For the mod packer, you can change everything now, everything! Work to make, the recipes, you don't even need to use them in the same mending table.

I was debating into removing the mend work type, need advice here. Maybe roll it down to crafting? or tailoring? or smithing? It's per table... Removing it would make it save compatible, also uninstallable.

Please test this before I release on Steam. I tested it a lot but there may be issues.

1 component lasts a lot now, 6 more times than previous version. May just make a new item for fuel in next version, mending kit?.

The CCL is optional in the CCL version. If you don't use CCL, it'll spew an error you can ignore.

Let it be mending kit produced at machining table for example from 1 comp 10 steel 5 cloth and 5 plasteel and let it last even longer! And roll it down to crafting. Also making it savegame compatible would be nuts.

Exende

I vote on mending kits that require cloth, and/or metal, seems like a straightforward idea

notfood

BaconBits

After a quick test with just Core and CCL, and again with all my mods, the only error was a a CCL version in the ModHelper.XML. Once that was fixed I had no othe issues, even with a little play test.

BTW, I like having the ability to mend in the begining of a colony, untill the colony's tech level increases. Just my opinion. Also, Nice Mod. ;)

notfood

It doesn't need the very latest CCL, I'll fix that.

It's 500 research away from default crash land scenario, 2-3 days or so? For comparison ComplexClothing is 500 and smithing is 700, but you already have both in default.

BaconBits

Quote from: notfood on July 28, 2016, 09:48:34 PM
It doesn't need the very latest CCL, I'll fix that.

It's 500 research away from default crash land scenario, 2-3 days or so? For comparison ComplexClothing is 500 and smithing is 700, but you already have both in default.

On the other hand, the Mending Kit could be good. Maybe have some limitations such as having it under Tailoring and the quality of the mend depends on skill level. Or, the kits could be used like Medicine. For example: The lower the percentage of clothing or weapon, the more kits it take to mend.       
This way, they would be more of a valuable resource. They could be bought and sold with traders and ships and also be dropped by resource pods.

Shit, if I coud code, I'd help. ;D

ssjordan22

Please Update for A14!!!!!!! This mod is effing awesome!

Zxypher

Quote from: notfood on July 28, 2016, 08:07:14 PM

Will this break an existing save? Just curious, hope I didn't jump the gun by installing your first fix. :)

notfood

The work type that it adds is what breaks existing saves. Don't use on existing saves. Next version I'll get rid of that

Quote from: ssjordan22 on July 28, 2016, 10:55:15 PM
Please Update for A14!!!!!!! This mod is effing awesome!

Read a few post above, it's updated.