[ a13 ] Wastelander's Minor mods: Mending

Started by topp2000, April 28, 2016, 01:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topp2000

According to skyarkhangel modified version of the A12 to modify
a13
Mending

Version 1.0
This mod allows colonists to repair damaged items. It adds a 'mending' work type and a mending workbench where the work takes place. Colonists with the mending labor enabled will automatically find damaged items, haul them to the workbench, and fix them up to 100%, then haul them to a storage zone. The workbench also has a filter to define what items should be mended and a radius like bills do. Mending does not require any resources. At the moment, items, weapons and apparel can be mended.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

duduluu

There is the zip filed.
Winrar是收费的,有些人解压不了。

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website

topp2000

Quote from: duduluu on April 28, 2016, 01:57:54 AM
There is the zip filed.
Winrar是收费的,有些人解压不了。
突然感觉我们好幸福

YoruOokami

Looks sick, Needed something for those awesome weapons you loot and then find out its 10% durability XD

topp2000

Quote from: YoruOokami on April 28, 2016, 02:38:24 AM
Looks sick, Needed something for those awesome weapons you loot and then find out its 10% durability XD
What does that mean? I don't understand

Soap

branch?

how lit was it

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: topp2000 on April 28, 2016, 02:43:12 AM
Quote from: YoruOokami on April 28, 2016, 02:38:24 AM
What does that mean? I don't understand

the raiders drop a sweet gun, superior quality but its almost destroyed at 10% hp.. this mod lets you repair it..

soulkata

Mending should add a change to lower the item quality... And itens below a certain quality level (Ex. Poor) cannot be Mending anymore! :)

falcongrey

Quote from: soulkata on April 29, 2016, 11:02:14 AM
Mending should add a change to lower the item quality... And itens below a certain quality level (Ex. Poor) cannot be Mending anymore! :)

Agreed! Not only should it have a chance to lower the quality a level, it should by default take a percentage of the max durability off dependent on the quality.

Example:

• Superior quality lower the max durability by  5% and have a 10% chance to lower quality
  • Excellent quality lower the max durability by 10% and have a 15% chance to lower quality
  • Good quality lower the max durability by 15% and have a 20% chance to lower quality
  • fair quality lowers the max durability by 20% and a 25% chance to lower the quality
anything below fair should not be able to be repaired.

This would balance out the workbench more and also make repairing something you would not want to do until it's durability is REALLY low because of the risks. It makes it also more realistic in that when you repair something, the higher the quality of an item the easier to hide repairs and successfully keep it in good condition.

What would really be nice is to add a more complex variable to repairing being it also is based on the skill of whatever that item 'would' be made from, not just mending. Example, repairing a shirt would be based on Tailoring and a sword or gun based on smithing. The higher the skill is in those areas the lower the chance that the quality is damaged.

Additionally, have the need of materials the item is based on needed. Example, a cloth shirt needs cloth (obviously) and a steel sword needs steel. The amount based on how low the durability is. If it is say 1 durability left, it would take at least half the steel needed to make it in order to repair it.

Yes, I know... adding a LOT of complexity into a wonderful mod!  ::)
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

Astasia

It doesn't need any balancing. The entire point of the mod is so you don't have to worry about losing your good items. A system that degrades the item quality when you repair it entirely defeats the purpose of the mod, and also would have only a trivial impact on "balance." It's so rare that you have to repair decent quality items that the ability to do so is not at all imbalanced. Normal quality items last years and years, higher qualities last decades. Mending is mostly peace of mind, and has very little actual impact on game balance as far as "repeatedly repairing the same item."

Repairing all the raider drops to 100% and selling them, does change balance, but at the same time it's questionable whether that is more worthwhile than having the same colonist do some other money making activity like creating armor from cloth or sculpting.

The idea of the mod is fine as is.

ORCACommander

Something I have noticed with A13 is that the rate at which my colonists go to the bench to mend things is a lot lower. I blame the new repair kits.

Also what Astasia said. As it stands you can make a lot of money from masses of damaged items dropped by raiders this mods does nothing to make that worse

Kreuzberger

I love this mod, but....it creates the same error as so many mods: the language flag error (pink flag with X in startscreen). Is there any way to fix that?

skullywag

Theres nothing you can do to fix the language flag problem, its a core bug. Nothing a mod does should effect that.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Kreuzberger

That is disappointing. In A12 mending worked. :/

And so far my experience is, that with A13 putting mods into the game become alot more difficult.

Well, anyway....thanks for enlightment, scullywag. :)