[ a13 ] Wastelander's Minor mods: Mending

Started by topp2000, April 28, 2016, 01:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

it doesnt effect anything. Its just a graphic broken.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Mufflamingo

Mending requires materials.
Weapons needs metals to be fixed. 5 or 10 maybe.
Same goes with clothing, needs any wool, cloth or leather to fix that shirt. Again it should only use small amounts of resources. 5 or 10.
Becoz Mending is kinda OP for me. ROFL.

I'm just suggesting, don't kill me. XD
Bleeeee. . . . .

Riftmaster

Quote from: Mufflamingo on May 03, 2016, 02:55:13 AM
Mending requires materials.
Weapons needs metals to be fixed. 5 or 10 maybe.
Same goes with clothing, needs any wool, cloth or leather to fix that shirt. Again it should only use small amounts of resources. 5 or 10.
Becoz Mending is kinda OP for me. ROFL.

I'm just suggesting, don't kill me. XD
Make it an option - if people want to play an easy game, they can chose free mending
If they want a more realistic game (within the parameters of the imaginary Rimworld universe, that is), they can pick one or perhaps several levels of resource requirement for mending.

Someone could even take this a step further and require you to disassemble some items to provide item parts for reparing the stuff you want to keep.  Bit complex, that.

falcongrey

Quote from: skullywag on May 01, 2016, 05:13:00 AM
Theres nothing you can do to fix the language flag problem, its a core bug. Nothing a mod does should effect that.

Yeah, if I remember right, Tynan mentioned fixing the flag bug in the next release.
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

Helixien

Does not work. My colonists just stand around as soon as they want to mend something.

Galvenox

all cool, but the mending worktable charges power even when not in use, and it doesn't even have an off switch. can it be a bug regarding some other installed mods on my side?

Highlandman

I usually construct a single conduit out of the power grid next to various custom mods' worktables (and other important stuff) when i want to switch them off. (very useful for turrets).

Jack Kenseng

The free mending is not good.  I jumped on this mod when I saw it...then backed away.

Grynnreaper

mine do this too now, going to try moving it up the mod order

Quote from: iWilliBlecha on May 06, 2016, 05:52:13 AM
Does not work. My colonists just stand around as soon as they want to mend something.

Dave-In-Texas

this mod is great as is.  it would be nice to have an offswitch.
i just added it to the cclvanillatweaks file and it draws no power when not in use.

thank you for your work - this was quickly and well done, considering.

if you do decide to succumb to the people who insist 'mending must be more complicated and require more micromanagement' (repair kits, damage the quality etc) please continue to make the current version.

personally I think that the folks demanding more should write their own.

nuocmamt

I think that the mending should be based on skill level. Level 1 can mend up to 5% going all the way to 20, thereby completely mending the item. This way the mending seems more balanced, and I feel the mending should have a cost of at least cloth or something.

Justas love

Is this compatable with rimsenal or any item adding mod?

joaonunes

Quote from: Justas love on May 14, 2016, 09:17:50 PM
Is this compatable with rimsenal or any item adding mod?

Yes. I had no problems at all with this mod. I'm using Aparello and some weapons mods and all items can be fixed with this mod without any problem so far
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Justas love

Do i need to make a new colony because of the new skill?

Youhaveavirus

Quote from: Justas love on May 15, 2016, 06:12:56 AM
Do i need to make a new colony because of the new skill?

1. Save the game.
2. Add the Mod.
3. Load the game.
4. Test if it works.
5. If it fails delete the mod and load the save.

Also use the developer console to see if you get an error. --> Options --> Activate Development Mode