[ a13 ] Wastelander's Minor mods: Mending

Started by topp2000, April 28, 2016, 01:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notfood

No errors? Balance is good? I guess it's fine then.

Mussels

Quote from: notfood on July 30, 2016, 09:34:48 PM
No errors? Balance is good? I guess it's fine then.

i tried the easy mode zip on an existing mod and it didnt seem to work.

trying the other one mode.

notfood

Please take a screenshot of the error, your modlist and the steps to reproduce it.

Mussels

Quote from: notfood on July 30, 2016, 11:51:26 PM
Please take a screenshot of the error, your modlist and the steps to reproduce it.

i just switched the files to the one from the regular version and its working, so double check the easy zip is correct?

notfood

Mussels

Quote from: notfood on July 31, 2016, 12:05:19 AM
I just did. It works well.

tested again and its working fine, i may have run into a glitch with the save. Both versions work fine now.

Pax_Empyrean

People who say that it's free if it doesn't cost resources are forgetting about opportunity costs. Time is money in any setting where you can generate money by spending time doing stuff, and Rimworld is one of those settings. Just make it so that repairs take long enough that fixing things isn't more profitable than the huge number of other ways to make money in this game. Repair kits or patches are an inelegant solution to the problem when you could balance repairs simply by making them take long enough that it's no longer the best way to make money.

notfood

It's a single player game. I put a general balance but you can change it any time. The mod obeys the workAmount tag and also you can disable the "fuel" requirements as well. I made it very flexible to suit every taste.

If you don't feel like tinkering just try the easy version, no fuel, less energy.

Pax_Empyrean

I missed the easy version on the previous page, since screenshots/discussion were all about the repair kits. I'll make my own tweaks from there as a starting point.

Thanks for doing this. I've wanted this feature for a while.

Belgrath

Thanks for the work.
Its nice not having to trash all the clothing after a battle.
I love testing things and watching them break   :P
Sure I'll test it for you!
"Are you a Wizard^^ Belgrath?"
"maybe..."