Bedroom temperature

Started by spine_iv, April 25, 2016, 03:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spine_iv

Whats the best temperature for a bedroom? and does it make a difference if your in a hot climate or a cold one.

And a sill question but do the heaters also regulate temperature (as you can set them to less than the 21centigrade they are built at?

Thanks

Endoric

Heaters turn ON when the temp falls below the mark and off when it goes above.  Coolers turn on when the temp falls above the mark and off when below.

The ll use power when at rest and even when switched off.

I notice I get no temperature bad thoughts between 60 and 75 unless they have some trait favoring hot or cold.

Devon_v

Pawns just want to be comfortable. Aside from temperature traits the other thing to look at is clothing. Pawns never strip to sleep, so if they are wearing parkas their comfortable sleeping temperature will be adjusted accordingly.

Mathenaut

10-30C is the range between 'slept in cold' and 'slept in heat' debuff.

This is the actual temperature of the sleeping space, not adjusted for clothing. If the temp breaches that range at any point, even if briefly, the debuff sticks for most of the next day. So yes, it's possible to have both at once if your temps are crazy.

cultist

Quote from: Devon_v on April 25, 2016, 06:00:01 PM
Pawns just want to be comfortable. Aside from temperature traits the other thing to look at is clothing. Pawns never strip to sleep, so if they are wearing parkas their comfortable sleeping temperature will be adjusted accordingly.

Nope, it's judged by room temperature. Parkas will keep them from getting the cold thought and hypothermia, but they still get the "slept in cold" debuff if the room temperature is too low.

koisama

Strip your pawn, look at minimum and maximum comfortable temperatures. Default values are +12 and +32, so you need to keep it between +13 and +31. Cold and heat lovers are different, adjust accordingly.

Devon_v

Quote from: cultist on April 25, 2016, 06:12:43 PM
Quote from: Devon_v on April 25, 2016, 06:00:01 PM

Nope, it's judged by room temperature. Parkas will keep them from getting the cold thought and hypothermia, but they still get the "slept in cold" debuff if the room temperature is too low.

Huh, and I always thought that you would have to keep it cooler for people in heavy clothing. Nice to know they ARE simulated to strip.

cultist

Quote from: Devon_v on April 25, 2016, 10:09:31 PM
Huh, and I always thought that you would have to keep it cooler for people in heavy clothing. Nice to know they ARE simulated to strip.

IIRC parkas/dusters used to basically eliminate the problem. Tynan changed it to simulate people sleeping naked, which means maintaining correct temperatures in some rooms is more complex now.
For instance, my current colony (temp forest) actually ended up getting too much heat in their rooms, so I had to fiddle with turning off some heaters and expand other rooms to adjust the flow of heat.

Aarkreinsil

Currently playing on ice sheet and my people get bad thoughts from sleeping in the heat above 18°C, since their muffalo wool parkas lower their maximum comfortable temperature to that value.

cultist

Quote from: Aarkreinsil on April 27, 2016, 11:28:40 PM
Currently playing on ice sheet and my people get bad thoughts from sleeping in the heat above 18°C, since their muffalo wool parkas lower their maximum comfortable temperature to that value.

Interesting. Because jackets/parkas don't seem to help in the reverse situation (cold rooms). Bug maybe?

Aarkreinsil

Tynan said he would "Look into" wool parkas, since they're just too OP. I mean those parkas insulate for up to -120°C, which is ridiculously strong.