[WIP][A13] BlackGold: There's oil in them thar hills

Started by lost_RD, June 11, 2016, 10:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lost_RD

Current version: v0.3 - Github link - latest changelog

BlackGold aims to be a mod that adds a new resource to the Rim: oil.

Features:

• Oil gusher - copied from steam geysers because why reinvent the wheel? Place a pump jack on it to harvest oil.
  • Pump jack - it is to oil what geothermals are to steam. Used to fill barrels with oil. Must be researched first.
  • Barrel - made from a few steel in a barrel table. Must be researched first.
  • Refinery - refines crude oil into petroleum.
  • Petrol-powered generator - fueled by barrels of oil, a barrel will power the generator for 2 days.
  • Chemical Plant - makes products from petroleum.
  • Plastic - resource made in the chemical plant.
  • Plasteel - adds a recipe to make plasteel from plastic and steel in the electric smelter

Planned:

• Replace pump jack with two buildings: hand pump and electric pump jack
  • Make oil barrels explosive
  • Add an asphalt floor made from tar which would be made from petroleum

Need help with:

• Sprites - all of the sprites
  • Seriously, I'm borrowing 2 sprites from a Factorio mod without permission as placeholders - the refinery and the chemical plant
  • halp

Screenshots:

Jakub k.

try making a new recipe in recipe defs....im not sure thought.i think you can specify where and how you make them and with what skill.this might no be what you're looking for but,well,i tried.
lol

lost_RD

v0.1 is complete!

Changelog:

• Added oil gushers that generate just before steam geysers and with the same settings. Did so by modifying MapGenerators.xml which probably makes it incompatible with other mods that modify the same file. Uses steam geyser sprite but I created a custom mote and sprayer.
  • Added barrel table. Has recipe to make barrels (10 steel, 1000 work). Uses machining table sprite.
  • Added pumpjack that can (only) be placed on oil gushers. Has recipe to create an oil barrel (1 empty barrel, 6666 work - still not enough? Unsure about balance here). Uses placeholder sprite, would be fantastic if anybody threw a better one together.

Quote from: Jakub k. on June 18, 2016, 09:31:36 AM
try making a new recipe in recipe defs....im not sure thought.i think you can specify where and how you make them and with what skill.this might no be what you're looking for but,well,i tried.
lol

Jaxxa pointed me towards WorkGiverDefs, turns out I needed to make one for each new building.

lost_RD

v0.2 is out.

• Renamed pumpjack to derrick
  • Added refinery that refines crude into oil (1 crude barrel, 6666 work)
  • Added barrel of crude, made from barrel at derrick.
  • Changed barrel of oil, now made from barrel of crude at refinery
  • Barrels now used unfinished stage while filling and refining

I'm borrowing a sprite from a Factorio mod (refinery sprite), if anybody wants to make a replacement I'd be thrilled.

lost_RD

v0.3 is upon us.

• Added oil fuelled generator (produces 1000W). Accepts oil barrels as fuel. Each fuel unit lasts 2 days. Barrels are consumed.
  • Added plastic. Made at the refinery.
  • Renamed refined oil to petroleum.
  • Added chemical plant. Has recipe to make plastic from petroleum barrel.
  • Added plasteel recipe to electric smeltery (10 steel, 1 plastic).
  • Various small changes.

This will go nicely with my bauxite->aluminium production chain I made for myself.  Especially since it will give me a legitimate source of the "industrial chemicals" (technically should be sodium hydroxide but, meh) used in the smelting process of bauxite ore (alumina) into aluminium.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.