[WIP] Drugs Inc V0.2

Started by rawr161, April 28, 2016, 03:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawr161

Hello everyone! I recently rebooted an old A4 or so mod I was working on. Drugs!!!! After seeing countless colonists lose their minds, go crazy, or beserk, I would always just think to myself why don't they just chill out and smoke a bowl or have a beer. Keep in mind this was before alchohol was in the game. I was more than halfway finished back then, however I lost all the original files and with the updated game they wouldnt have worked anyways so I'm starting from scratch.

Features
-All major drugs (Weed,Booze,Stimulants,Downers,Painkillers,Psycedellics,Pharmacuticals,ect.)
-Varying mental effects (Increased energy, Sedation, Mood Lifters, Snap out of dazed states)
-Plantable drugs and precursors(Weed,Coco,Ephedra,Poppy)
-Refine simple drugs into medical grade medicine(Opium crafts into Morphine)
-Sustainable income via drug farming!
-Useful perks(Morphine lets you take more damage/Walk with broken leg, Speed increases productivity and reduces food comsuption, Psychedellics can be used on colonists near mental breaking point to force a "happy snap" Where they become dazed until fully happy)
-Much more!

Drugs to be included           
-Marijuana
-Happiness
-Lazy
-Hungry
-Slowed reaction time
-Methamphetamine
-Instant mood boost
-increased move speed
-Faster productivity
-Heightened reflexes
-Not hungry
-More inclined to go beserk
-Less sleep
-Heroin
-Slowed movement
-Harder to incapactitate
-Happiness 
-LSD
-Goes into a daze
-Dazed until fully happy
-Zero chance of violence                                           
-Mushrooms
-Goes into a daze
-Dazed until fully happy
-Zero chance of violence
-1 in 4 chance of being sick
-Cocaine
-Instant mood boost
-Faster movement
-Faster productivity
-Not tired
-Pills
-Any effect

Workbench
-Hydroponic grow
-Chemistry station
-Refining station
-Distribution station
-Pharmacutical station
-Pharmacy Grade Chemistry Station   
-Pharmacy Grade Hydroponics

Current status is ~60% Most of the content is there however my coding skills seem to fail. Just need it cleaned up and I need to learn to add the debuffs for the drugs. Otherwise almost all textures and base code is there.

SNAPSHOT INCLUDED! Minimal drug effects included, Texture for Chem table errored so tempararly using hand tailor texture. Everything's spawnable and craftable. Feel free to play around with it.

CHANGELOG
V0.2
-Improved plant textures(Raccon)
-Fixed coding debuff(Illusion Distort)
-Temp fix for texure problem
-Weed 99% implemented
-Playable!

V0.1
-Marijuana
-Meth
-Heroin
-Cocaine
-LSD
-Chemistry Table

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
--RAWR--

cuproPanda

RimPharma adds drugs, but not to this degree. If it'll help, check out what I've done with the RimPharma mod, since I've had my hands in just about all the defs you'll probably need.

cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

rawr161

Quote from: cuproPanda on April 28, 2016, 09:56:52 AM
RimPharma adds drugs, but not to this degree. If it'll help, check out what I've done with the RimPharma mod, since I've had my hands in just about all the defs you'll probably need.
I deffinantly will. The biggest set back is applying the drug effects. I havent figured out how to work the hediffs correctly. I'll post the pack I have so far if you wanna look at it. Maybe you can spot the mistakes preventing everything from showing up in game. They all show up in the debug spawn menu and the texures are there yet they will not spawn. Sigh.. Mayb i just need a break I spent the entire night restarting the project. Still nowhere close to being familiar with how the game handles itself now. When I first started in whatever alpha it was you still needed a def for each object instead of the current system. Just a learning curve though.
--RAWR--

winowmak3r

I enjoyed the previous alpha's versions of this type of mod quite a bit so I'll be keeping an eye out for this when it's released. There's nothing quite like getting a cargo pod full of joints and just vegin' out for a few days after you crash landed on an alien planet!

rawr161

Progress! Fixing all the coding errors I have and doing good. LAst step is adding the rest of the drugs and working on the hediff.
--RAWR--

Raccoon

Are you ready to share your files atm? I want to change your sprites :D

rawr161

Quote from: Raccoon on April 28, 2016, 04:02:52 PM
Are you ready to share your files atm? I want to change your sprites :D

Yes please :) My drawing skills just aren't what they used to be lol. I uploaded the mod to the original post. Ill even throw in brownie points if you can fix the growing plant textures from erroring out.
--RAWR--

Raccoon

I hope i improved the textures a bit.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Illusion Distort

I "fixed" it so that the drugs actually do something. The numbers are just for testing, just to give you an idea. Also made a traderdef
Made a test world and my colonist got hammered and had a blackout.
In the rar file is the entire mod with changed stats. BTW, I dissabled the Workgiver "DoBillsDrugTable" since it does not do anything yet.

I included a few "Skjembilder" (Im norvegian) to prove that it actually gives a Hediff, can be found in the .rar
Im gonna do some sesonal testing and see if it is too op. (spoiler, it is)

WARNING, WILL MAKE THE GAME CRASH IF TRYING TO LOAD A GAME WITH THIS MOD, THIS IS ONLY FOR TESTING.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5o55kujes4u3w5/DrugsInc_Reply.rar?dl=0

-Illusion Distort

rawr161

Quote from: Raccoon on April 30, 2016, 09:05:00 PM
I hope i improved the textures a bit.
Thank you! they look awesome. I'll post your name in the credits!

Quote from: Illusion Distort on May 07, 2016, 08:52:53 AM
I "fixed" it so that the drugs actually do something. The numbers are just for testing, just to give you an idea. Also made a traderdef
Made a test world and my colonist got hammered and had a blackout.
In the rar file is the entire mod with changed stats. BTW, I dissabled the Workgiver "DoBillsDrugTable" since it does not do anything yet.

I included a few "Skjembilder" (Im norvegian) to prove that it actually gives a Hediff, can be found in the .rar
Im gonna do some sesonal testing and see if it is too op. (spoiler, it is)

-Illusion Distort

Thank you for the effort. I just tested it along with the improved textures and it runs with no errors. So far the only few other bugs need fixing are: Recode the tex path for plants, Make Ephedra plantable, Make only refined "bud" ingestible, Then finish the hediffs, and I'd happily call it 1.0  UPDATED MOD IN ORIGINAL POST!!!
--RAWR--

Wex

With opium in alchool, you make laudanum. One of the first sedatives known to mankind. Also, horribly addictive.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Raccoon

zuaresoft

Hi, still in development? this mod is awesome.