[Request] Gases

Started by rawr161, April 28, 2016, 04:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawr161

My idea is to have gasses. My idea would have the gas use the tempurture system to disperse and regulate the gas. Perhaps make an air pump to move air of other gas. Possibly have natural gas in hidden areas that can be used for fuel. or make a poisonous gas and use it to kill prisoners.
--RAWR--

dragoduval

Watch out its a trap :D. No really a gaz trap +1
Im making my own mod !!!! Also im pretty sure that i started World Wars 3.....

Also if i spawn too many subject then dont mind me, i'm just bored at school :D. Damn 3 hours long video's....

Kilroy232

Quote from: rawr161 on April 28, 2016, 04:15:22 AM
My idea is to have gasses. My idea would have the gas use the tempurture system to disperse and regulate the gas. Perhaps make an air pump to move air of other gas. Possibly have natural gas in hidden areas that can be used for fuel. or make a poisonous gas and use it to kill prisoners.

... still too soon

Goldenpotatoes

Quote from: Kilroy232 on April 28, 2016, 11:56:59 AM
Quote from: rawr161 on April 28, 2016, 04:15:22 AM

... still too soon

I make hats out the leather of my enemies and feed the remains to the captives through nutrient dispensers. Sometimes I release prisoners as target practice. I purposefully throw weaker pawns into danger hoping an 'accident' happens.

Most colonies on the rim are worse than every dictator/communist ruler combined.

rawr161

Well my initial idea was to incorporate it with the drug mod i'm working on. So if a room full of people smoked any bystanders would feel effects of second hand exposure. Then on a crueler note, Pumping hallucinogenic gases into your prison to watch them flip out. Old school cia style lol. Then with smoke added in general, if there was a fire inside the colonists would also have to worry about the smokes effects and would then offer more use for vents and create potential for other air moving equipment. Then another idea would be to create tear gas shells for artillery and grenade launchers. Or be even more sinister and use dirty weapons. Id then even mod it to incorporate a zombie mod and then have gas to zombify someone. The possibilities are pretty cool. But ya I realize how bad that original post sounded. But I was thinking more like portal... just saying
--RAWR--

Kilroy232

Quote from: rawr161 on April 28, 2016, 12:15:36 PM
Well my initial idea was to incorporate it with the drug mod i'm working on. So if a room full of people smoked any bystanders would feel effects of second hand exposure. Then on a crueler note, Pumping hallucinogenic gases into your prison to watch them flip out. Old school cia style lol. Then with smoke added in general, if there was a fire inside the colonists would also have to worry about the smokes effects and would then offer more use for vents and create potential for other air moving equipment. Then another idea would be to create tear gas shells for artillery and grenade launchers. Or be even more sinister and use dirty weapons. Id then even mod it to incorporate a zombie mod and then have gas to zombify someone. The possibilities are pretty cool. But ya I realize how bad that original post sounded. But I was thinking more like portal... just saying

I figured as much and I agree that the RimWorlds are not nice places.

The closest thing in the game already to gasses though is the heating and cooling mechanism where if there is a fire in an enclosed room the temp shoots up. I think you would want to look at that mechanism and possible replicate aspects of it to make gasses that could be trapped in a room by say burning white sage or vented from one room to another with vents.

rawr161

Quote from: Kilroy232 on April 28, 2016, 12:58:20 PM
The closest thing in the game already to gasses though is the heating and cooling mechanism where if there is a fire in an enclosed room the temp shoots up. I think you would want to look at that mechanism and possible replicate aspects of it to make gasses that could be trapped in a room by say burning white sage or vented from one room to another with vents.

That was my thoughts exactly. The only new mechanic that would have to be added would be dispersion and how the gas/smoke would fill areas of dissapate. Another idea is that I use alot of fueled generators underground and in reality burning in a generator would make smoke and large amounts of carbon dioxide which if not porperly vented out would kill anyone seriously exposed for extended periods. Also burning bodies release really bad smoke. Theres alot of very practical uses for a system like this. I however have no way of making this happen. Im still relearning to mod and a prject of this scale is way beyond my possibility.
--RAWR--

Kilroy232

Quote from: rawr161 on April 28, 2016, 01:10:46 PM
Quote from: Kilroy232 on April 28, 2016, 12:58:20 PM
The closest thing in the game already to gasses though is the heating and cooling mechanism where if there is a fire in an enclosed room the temp shoots up. I think you would want to look at that mechanism and possible replicate aspects of it to make gasses that could be trapped in a room by say burning white sage or vented from one room to another with vents. Also burning bodies release really bad smoke. Theres alot of very practical uses for a system like this. I however have no way of making this happen. Im still relearning to mod and a prject of this scale is way beyond my possibility.

That was my thoughts exactly. The only new mechanic that would have to be added would be dispersion and how the gas/smoke would fill areas of dissapate. Another idea is that I use alot of fueled generators underground and in reality burning in a generator would make smoke and large amounts of carbon dioxide which if not porperly vented out would kill anyone seriously exposed for extended periods.

LOL, did you add to the quote of me?

rawr161

--RAWR--

Kilroy232

Quote from: rawr161 on April 28, 2016, 02:37:04 PM
Somehow I did.. My bad! Been up all night working on https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19601.0

I would be very interested in seeing this happen. I am trying to improve my C# coding for the game so if I come across anything useful I will definitely let you know or just try and help

Rock5

Gases? It's a well known fact that grass eaters such as cows are the worst culprits.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport