[Solved] roof support?

Started by zeppelin17, April 28, 2016, 01:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeppelin17

Is there any way someone can make a mod that adds the roof support structures? Preferably invisible ones. The old ones were nice because they didn't occupy space like walls do, but you could see any items "behind" them.

Conversely, could someone just make a mod that makes roofs not collapse? I always build bases into mountains, and I'm quite tired of wasting space due to needing to support roofs, when in reality a couple smallish pillars would be enough.

...or do they still exist still and I'm just completely blind?

Stinkycat752

Well, walls are the roof supports. And generally mountains ROOFSSFSES don't start caving for me until it's about 15x15 tiles in size so you must be building some pretty big rooms.
And it only takes up one tile to build a support in the middle of the room, maybe more if you want to make it look nice, but I guess I'm not seeing how you're wasting space to a point where it's irritating.
Abomination Imagination

zeppelin17

15x15? jeez. I'm having to build supports every 7+ tiles otherwise something collapses... Especially when I initially dig into said mountain. It doesn't take long for the rooves to collapse from digging/mining into the mountain side. Once I'm past that part it's not so bad, I just wish it wasn't so tedious. Also I do tend to make rather large rooms for storage, and whenever I want to remodel a room or something, I've got to put up additional walls before I tear down the old ones...

charkesd

yea generally i go with 8 tiles, just use plan before you mine. you can do a 17x17 and only not mine the center

i think the radius of the roof a single tile of wall supports is the same as a grow lamp.

Dugalle900

Quote from: Ouan on March 09, 2016, 10:33:20 PM
I see that the rumors that Skullywag modded himself to death were greatly exaggerated.

Rock5

I was just about to recommend my mod. Thanks Dugalle900 for doing it for me. :)
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

zeppelin17

Quote from: charkesd on April 28, 2016, 11:07:34 PM
yea generally i go with 8 tiles, just use plan before you mine. you can do a 17x17 and only not mine the center

i think the radius of the roof a single tile of wall supports is the same as a grow lamp.

Ah ok, thank you. Didn't know it was that simple.

I will check out the mod, thanks guys

Fitz

Tbf, there has been several mod packs for a12 that had roof support as the op asked for, I had it in the hardcore sk pack and I used them all the time to avoid just those issues. Quick search provided this link: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7458.0  way out of date but you get the idea    :)

zeppelin17

Yea i needed a13 support. but it's cool. issue resolved