Add 1 friendly AI core

Started by hector212121, April 23, 2016, 09:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hector212121

Basically, as a logical reason for why we should be able to order turrets and flip switches remotely, why not have the AI core from the ship crash on the Rimworld? Then, any systems said core is wired into can be remotely controlled, BUT it also gives a clear "lose" function--when it gets destroyed.

Yodo223

So have an AI core wired into the electrical system of the colony so that you can have direct control. Sounds nice.

Could add an event that the AI goes rogue and randomly shuts down systems; like when the batteries run out of juice, but you're still producing power so some things have power.

hector212121

I was thinking more to have it as a sort of player avatar. Hence the lose condition mention.

Ace_livion

im not in total agreement whit the "clear loose function" since I like to have the game being as open as possibly.
but additional uses of the IA core sounds great. the remote control feature sounds great.

Nictis

+1 Boop, I would like to see if anyone else thinks they can do this. Doesn't sound hard, but I don't code so...  :-\