A minor bug issue

Started by The-MathMog, April 28, 2016, 03:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The-MathMog

Sooo... This is what happens, when 3 infestations pop up on your map. You take care of 2 of them (almost at least), then you notice the third one, which had had plenty of time to reproduce in one of my mining tunnels.

Result: 17 hives, and god knows how many bugs.

I've tried breaching in a few times. But they respawn quite fast again. Might need a few Doomsday launchers for this! :D

They are pretty good at clearing out a mountain too, I must say.

There is another one of these on the westside of the map. That one I've locked up with coolers. So that the bugs I kill in there won't rot. Then I can scavenge it up later.

Shurp

Good point, if you can freeze 'em you can eat them later.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Endoric

I bet cave ins kill em a bunch... But not enough.

The-MathMog

Quote from: Shurp on April 28, 2016, 05:53:38 PM
Good point, if you can freeze 'em you can eat them later.
Indeed! My freezer is now full of insect meat. And there is still a ton of bugs that I haven't carried yet. Also it seems that the hives just disappeared by themselves. So no need to take care of them.
The good part about the coolers, was that I could actually get the temperature down to negative 40. Which kills all the insects, except the big spiders. Win win!

Quote from: Endoric on April 28, 2016, 10:27:12 PM
I bet cave ins kill em a bunch... But not enough.
Actually, only one cave-in have happened so far. Even though they clear out a lot of mountain, there still is the usual pillar to hold most of it up! :D