Send out your own trade caravans

Started by NWCtim, April 30, 2016, 02:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWCtim

Select a 'trade master' who is the one who will do the trading, with prices derived from social skill.  This will cause a screen to pop up which is similar to the trade screen, but instead of 'your colony' <=> 'visitors' it is 'storage' <=> 'trade inventory', where you can move items, animals, and prisoners to your trade inventory, as well as select other colonists or animals to act as guards/haulers, perhaps with the maximum trade inventory being limited by your available haulers.

Your trade caravan will then leave the map for 24-72 hours and when they return some, or all of their trade inventory will be replaced with silver.  There is a chance they will return with active injuries, depending on the strength of the guards.  If possible, you could also set a 'shopping list' before they leave, and they will have a chance to return with items from said shopping list instead of silver.

I think such a feature would alleviate a lot of the issues players encounter due to irregular trading opportunities.

Justas love

Arcaist

Was about to suggest the same thing.
So, +1 on that

Besides, I would love the possibilty to call other settlements, and request for a trade caravan...maybe even even if its an arms dealer oder a bulk goods dealer

Luroshard

a lot of small scale events can be piled onto just this one feature

A stray <animal> grew a liking to <colonist A> and joined the caravan, bringing him back as a new pet.
bad weather slowed their return
raiders followed your caravan back
traders followed your caravan back
a ship crashed with various goods and your caravan brings the loot
a ship crashed with cryptosleeping citizen(s), they join your colony
a ship crashed with cryptosleeping citizens, they are hostile and follow

the possibilities are endless.

SirLeonardo

This could use a similar mechanic to miscellaneous incidents
I like it ;)

The-MathMog

Something like this would be a great addition. Or to be able to call another colony, to request a trade caravan. Sometimes the period between trade ships or caravans can be very long!